On the Getaway now. Some notes and any questions?

KeithJenner

I boarded the Getaway today. I have been away for the last week so haven't been on these boards much, so I'm not sure exactly where everyone is with the recent changes. Here's some quick notes, but if anyone has anything they want me to check then let me know.

Room service is $4.95 as noted elsewhere.

I had heard rumours of couples who are platinum only getting one free meal. We got both.

Viva Vino seems not to have had a price increase. It is still $88 at the bottom level for 4 bottles and $98 for the Middle tier. I got 6 bottles from the Middle tier for $146 which from memory hasn't changed. Obviously there is the increased tip.

Internet has gone up a bit. I'm not sure of the exact costs, but will try to remember to check tomorrow. One positive is that they now offer a unlimited week long access. It's very expensive at $175 but it saves having to keep an eye on usage. I've had my phone connected to the Internet for most of the afternoon and it does work on multiple devices, although I've only tried to have one online at a time.

Service has been fine so far. I've read a couple of reports of slow service, but I've not had to wait at all for a drink. I've used o'Sheehans, the Pool bar and Headliners. Great service every time so far.

The box of chocolate for Platinum is, as reported, now very small. Just 4 chocolates.

Let me know if you have anything you want me to check.

Are you going to dine in the MDR? If so, I am interested to hear about dinner service; speed, attentiveness, friendliness, etc.

We probably will a couple of times. I'll let you know what happens when we do.

Service in Moderno today was great.

Lucky you to be on vacation

what time did you get to the port? What group were you in? Did you get Vibe passes? iConcierge?

Short answers are fine, don't run up your internet bill.

Thanks

Neal

I can't remember the exact time we arrived. I'd guess about 11.30 and we were in group 16. I did notice that 1-5 were called together. I'm not interested in Vibe, so never tried.

We just use iconcierge for the free bits, and that works as well as usual. We don't have any need to text each other whilst onboard.

Internet isn't a problem, as I signed up for the unlimited plan. I've left my iPad online for now, and a notification appeared about your post as it would on land. For those of us who need to be in touch with home whilst away, this is a big change. Others may not like it so much.

I can't remember the exact time we arrived. I'd guess about 11.30 and we were in group 16. I did notice that 1-5 were called together. I'm not interested in Vibe, so never tried.

We just use iconcierge for the free bits, and that works as well as usual. We don't have any need to text each other whilst onboard.

Internet isn't a problem, as I signed up for the unlimited plan. I've left my iPad online for now, and a notification appeared about your post as it would on land. For those of us who need to be in touch with home whilst away, this is a big change. Others may not like it so much.

Just curious...is the unlimited internet plan by person, by device, by cabin, or something else? Thanks.

Just curious...is the unlimited internet plan by person, by device, by cabin, or something else? Thanks.

I'm not sure what the limit is. I have logged on using more than one device with no problem, but haven't tried more than one device at a time, and I assume that wouldn't work. I don't really want to push it, in case there are any issues if you try to use more than one device at a time.

It seems ideal for keeping your phone online most of the time, for example, and then logging off that if you want to use another device. That works fine for me.

I haven't seen anything about any useage limits, which are common even with "unlimited" plans, but I will try to check it out tomorrow.

I'm not sure what the limit is. I have logged on using more than one device with no problem, but haven't tried more than one device at a time, and I assume that wouldn't work. I don't really want to push it, in case there are any issues if you try to use more than one device at a time.

It seems ideal for keeping your phone online most of the time, for example, and then logging off that if you want to use another device. That works fine for me.

I haven't seen anything about any useage limits, which are common even with "unlimited" plans, but I will try to check it out tomorrow.

For the plans that aren't unlimited, are they charging by the minute or by data usage? Also, how are the speeds, are they the normal "slower than dialup" cruiseline speeds or do they appear to have upgraded.

Thanks.

Is it possible you could post a picture of the new room service menu in particular the section that shows the convenience fee and addition of 18% gratuity.

Thank you

Rochelle

Not sure how well this will come out

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428207706.705221.jpg.1e2c5a73969cc1b95c77f7e936c45e80.jpg

For the plans that aren't unlimited, are they charging by the minute or by data usage? Also, how are the speeds, are they the normal "slower than dialup" cruiseline speeds or do they appear to have upgraded.

Thanks.

It's by the minute, an usual everywhere except the Breakaway.

Speeds seem ok, but I'm not using it for anything that needs a fast connection.

Why is it all photos of this new menu turn out like photos of a Sasquatch or the Loch Ness Monster, all blurry and not legible. To the OP thanks for trying, hope you enjoy your cruise!!

*Living large one week at a time*

Edited by Solararc

Badly, it seems. I'll have another go tomorrow.

If you would like, rather than using Tapatalk to snap and upload the photo to the forum, take a picture with your iPad or phone and e-mail it to me; I will post it for the forum.

My username @ gmail.com

Tapatalk and attaching to the forum will always make pics small and unreadable.

If you would like, rather than using Tapatalk to snap and upload the photo to the forum, take a picture with your iPad or phone and e-mail it to me; I will post it for the forum.

My username @ gmail.com

Tapatalk and attaching to the forum will always make pics small and unreadable.

Thanks,

I was looking for a way of uploading them to Dropbox, but that's much easier. They are on their way to you. One is the main picture no another one includes the bit at the bottom, which isn't that clear on the actual menu.

Hope they come out ok.

Same RS Menu format as we had on the Breakaway 2 weeks ago without the convenience / service delivery charge but the 18% autogratuity charge on it - a poorly scanned image out of Miami to the ships to be reproduced, reminding me of the old B&W faxes in the 1980's printed out on thermal paper via the drums, LOL.

I used the MB data plan on the Breakaway and whenever logged in - there's an Usage Meter to keep track of how much has been used, and sounded like with the UNL data plan, it's not available or offered.

FYI in case you haven't read it - the first post from last week's GA pax on the RS charge + 18% gratuity was that he refused delivery and rejected it, and, had the orders returned to the gallery as Guess Services did not tried to compromise or yield grounds.

Keith, I'm linking the Dropbox ones for the Breakaway's 3/22/15 so that we don't have to search all over for the old variant for reference purposes. If it's readable to you on your end, how does it compare - aside from the new "hot" breakfast items on the enhancement ?

page 1 - older RS menu NCL-2015RSM1%20%281034x1280%29.jpg

page 2 - older RS menu (actually, bottom section of legal size paper)

NCL-2015RSM2%20%281074x1280%29.jpg

Edited by mking8288

Thanks,

I was looking for a way of uploading them to Dropbox, but that's much easier. They are on their way to you. One is the main picture no another one includes the bit at the bottom, which isn't that clear on the actual menu.

Hope they come out ok.

Done - dropped 'em in a new thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2192103

Thanks Keith!

Thanks, Keith & excellent collaborative team work on triptolemus - good readable format on T's new thread w. the images.

Wow, juices & hot chocolate (powdered mix) among the enhancement - no smoked salmon or did I missed eggs benedict too, not - it's not on it (just kidding - gotta have a good sense of humor ...)

Happy Passover/Easter/Sunday !! ... and cruising

Edited by mking8288

What's new on that menu? Looks like the old one.

Very true. Other than the "hot" breakfasts, it does look pretty much like the old one.

Hate to sound conspiratorial, but I wonder if that's why COO Andy Stuart focused on the changes between the "old" (completely complementary) RS menu and the "new" (completely convenient) RS menu by highlighting the breakfast items.

Because there were no changes OTHER than the "convenience" for the other stuff?! :rolleyes:

if they just changed this and they call this an ''enhanced menu'' thens its like calling us stupid....NCL YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT???What the heck is happening on this company??Its like talking about an other cruise line...I dont believe i read all these things about NCL every day...Someone from ncl must come here...You have messed up so much!!!Whats wrong with you?