Gem Suite vs Haven - What is the difference in Benefits?

MHKBCrusin

And there isn't a real Haven area on these small ships so that is not a big deal, correct?

There is a small Haven courtyard with a tiny, narrow thing they call a pool. There may also be a sundeck, I'm not sure. Not anything I'd pay a great deal more to have access to. We've sailed in non-Haven penthouse suites on the Gem and a couple of her sister ships, and very much enjoyed them.

We have sailed on the Gem in the 2 bedroom family suite and the same room in the Haven. The biggest difference, aside from price, is the peace and quiet. If you are looking to escape the crowds the Haven is the place to do it. There is a private sundeck, hot tub and a small pool with plenty of comfortable loungers. There is a waiter to take drink/snack/meal orders until 4pm in the Courtyard. There is also a small mens and women's sauna.

The Haven on the Jewel class ships can be great in shoulder and low seasons. As Savaaan wrote, it can be much quieter and less crowded than the main pool. Also, they can close the roof in inclement weather so you can still get some sun and air. In summer, otoh, it can get more crowded as the suites fill up with larger families. And sometimes kids can make it less quiet. It'll still be nicer than the main pool, though.

Done both on Jade and Pearl... other subtleties (can be variable by ship and specific concierge) can include:

1. Priority seating in the theater

2. There are semi-permeable sunshades on the sundeck of Jade (at least). Part of Edge?

3. Port tender priority (a dude with a stick labeled "Haven Guests")...

4. You see more of your butler in my experience

5. Cabin layouts suit different people differently

6. Don't under estimate the peace & quiet comments

QED:

Best value for money and very very good... non Haven suite.

Money less of an issue and just about perfect... Haven suite.

IMHO.

Oh... if you go Owners Suite and up... included bottles of booze.

:cool:

For us, having access to a pool in the winter months for our son is worth the price - especially on our annual thanksgiving or Christmas cruise to the Caribbean. Even in a suite, although you have (almost) the same benefits as in the Haven, you lose 2-3 days there and back of prime pool-time - which, to me, is a deal-breaker. It's a small pool, yes - but a heated, quiet space with a pool and hot tub well-loved & well-used by our entire family.

Don’t waste your money. I couldn’t use the Haven pool or hot tub all cruise due to diapered children in them. A regular 2 bedroom suite would have been thousands less and basically the same experience.

Don’t waste your money. I couldn’t use the Haven pool or hot tub all cruise due to diapered children in them. A regular 2 bedroom suite would have been thousands less and basically the same experience.

While this is an entirely valid objection, I have no evidence to believe it is a 'norm' by which to damn all Havens and have never seen such behavior during my trips. Of course, you never know when...

I stayed in the Gem Haven earlier this year. I was traveling with several other families who were staying in non-Haven suites. My favorite benefit of the Haven, which I used often, was the locked door that requires a Haven keycard to access. Whenever I needed time to myself I just stayed on the other side of that door where I knew they couldn't come calling. Worth every penny!

I stayed in the Gem Haven earlier this year. I was traveling with several other families who were staying in non-Haven suites. My favorite benefit of the Haven, which I used often, was the locked door that requires a Haven keycard to access. Whenever I needed time to myself I just stayed on the other side of that door where I knew they couldn't come calling. Worth every penny!

Oh my!

LOL. Post of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While this is an entirely valid objection, I have no evidence to believe it is a 'norm' by which to damn all Havens and have never seen such behavior during my trips. Of course, you never know when...

Well it happened to us on the sailing ending prior to the one that ended today. Someone managed to shut the Haven pool and shallow area down the last day for the rest of the trip.

Not saying it is common, but it takes just one person to screw it up for hundreds of others.

Well it happened to us on the sailing ending prior to the one that ended today. Someone managed to shut the Haven pool and shallow area down the last day for the rest of the trip.

Not saying it is common, but it takes just one person to screw it up for hundreds of others.

It's happened to us in the main pool as well. I think a child vomited in it so they had to drain and clean it. Took it out of service for most of a sea day.

But I think the odds of it happening to the main pool are a lot larger than to the Haven pool.