Can you request....

BopRN

They will "make" a mattress topper by putting several thick blankets underneath your sheets. Another option that we have done is to pack a cheap mattress pad (brand new so it is compressed). We just leave it in the room when we disembark. 15 bucks or so for a better/softer mattress

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They discontinued the egg shell foam toppers, regular toppers are still available.

What is a "regular topper" ? do these make the firm mattress, that I hear RCI use, any softer? DH has arthritis and has a memory foam topper at home, has lots of issues on firm mattresses.

Cheers,

Steve

What is a "regular topper" ? do these make the firm mattress, that I hear RCI use, any softer? DH has arthritis and has a memory foam topper at home, has lots of issues on firm mattresses.

Cheers,

Steve

I have issues with firm mattresses and it does help.

I requested a mattress topper for our Jan. 19 Majesty cruise. I have been requesting and receiving one for years. You are correct in that they no longer have the foam/egg crate toppers.

The one the put on works for us. We also always get extra pillows and always request NO feathers due to allergies.

Well I got a confirmation today that we will get a mattress topper. So I guess we will see if it actually shows up. :-)

"Thank you for your inquiry.

We will provide a mattress topper at no additional cost on the day of sailing.Please be advised your reservation has been noted accordingly. "

Well I got a confirmation today that we will get a mattress topper. So I guess we will see if it actually shows up. :-)

"Thank you for your inquiry.

We will provide a mattress topper at no additional cost on the day of sailing.Please be advised your reservation has been noted accordingly. "

It'll be a few folded up duvets. My advice is to bring your own. Amazon sells the Klymit which is what I have - it weighs less than a pound and works perfectly. Good Luck!

Can you request mattress toppers for the beds?

I always email special needs ahead of time and request that the bed be provided with extra padding. They no longer have the eggcrates, but they do have padded mattress cover-like things. I also then have my cabin attendant add 2 or 3 folded in half lengthwise blankets under that padding to make it softer (the beds are separated, so I just need that on my bed, my roommate doesn't mind the firmness of the beds).

I find it quite comfortable when all is said and done. Good luck!

FL

Costco.com also sells Klymit

The ones I found at Costco are 59.00? Too much for me! Where do you find the ones for 15.00 that you can leave behind? We also have back problems and this concerns me. I was on Allure two years ago and found no issues with the bed but it sounds like things have changed since then.:(

The ones I found at Costco are 59.00? Too much for me! Where do you find the ones for 15.00 that you can leave behind? We also have back problems and this concerns me. I was on Allure two years ago and found no issues with the bed but it sounds like things have changed since then.:(

You misread,......

;p the klymit is not $15 . the foam toppers at walmart etc are. the klymits are more and you can find them on amazon here and there on sale.

Cheers,

Steve

Interesting in that I have a chronic back problem and can only sleep on a mattress that feels like concrete .The primary reason that I cruise with RCI.

You won’t need one. The beds are sooooo comfy

Well, I would love it if that proves to be true! But you look quite young and probably have yet to experience numerous joint and spine surgeries. So I would rather be safe then sorry! There is nothing worse than not being able to sleep b/c of pain. :(

We got an Amazon Basics topper for my grandmother who cruises a lot and has started complaining about the beds on the ship and in hotels. It's only $25 and it folds up pretty tightly so it's easy for her to unpack and repack. This is the one we got her: http://amzn.to/2FCYCgO

It's not super thick, but that's beneficial when it comes to packing it back up at the end of the cruise. It's lasted her 3 cruises so far with no tearing.