Concierge lounge on Rhapsody?

LisaLisa87

DH and I are considering a Med cruise on Rhapsody next year to celebrate our 20th anniversary. I think we'd be happy in a JS, but we would consider a GS if we'll have access to a concierge lounge. I see one on the current deck plan, but it's unclear whether it will still be there after May 6, 2017.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone. We would definitely take advantage of the free drinks in the CL, but probably not enough to justify the price difference. Plus, I just checked again and saw that there was one aft JS available. I think I'm leaning in that direction now.

We had an aft JS on Rhapsody this past week and just LOVED it. Enormous balcony. I'll warn you, though, that on the first night there was horrendous vibration. Guest services said it was due to speed and the problem did not occur again over subsequent nights. Food on the ship was absolutely wonderful. One of our best cruises.

DH and I are considering a Med cruise on Rhapsody next year to celebrate our 20th anniversary. I think we'd be happy in a JS, but we would consider a GS if we'll have access to a concierge lounge. I see one on the current deck plan, but it's unclear whether it will still be there after May 6, 2017.

it's well after May 6 2017 and its still there.

what exactly is it about having one is the make or break factor?

don't get me wrong we only sail in Suites and we love our nightly cocktail hour, but realistically, thats all a CL is good for on these smaller ships. 3 hours a night of basic mixed drinks certainly would not be a deciding factor to us.

If the CL goes away it'll be replaced by a Suite Lounge and you'd still have access in a GS. But we have done Rhapsody in Alaska and Greek Isles, and just did Vision in the Baltic all in an AFT JS. I'd definitely go with the JS. For the savings you can probably get the Drink Package to make up for no CL access. I will say, as D+ we did enjoy the CL on both ships very much, especially after a long day on shore. A very nice and quiet place for a drink and appetizer, to watch sailaway, etc. So that may be a factor. But we LOVED the HUGE balcony on the aft. Also, as others have stated, the GS's are under the Pool Deck and you likely will have some noise. I didn't find the vibration on either ship in the back much of a deal, but it can be there. For me the Balcony makes up for a whole lot.

We had an aft JS on Rhapsody this past week and just LOVED it. Enormous balcony. I'll warn you, though, that on the first night there was horrendous vibration. Guest services said it was due to speed and the problem did not occur again over subsequent nights. Food on the ship was absolutely wonderful. One of our best cruises.

Thanks for sharing this! We're a little concerned about vibration, but couldn't pass up that huge balcony! Plus, I'm hoping there won't be as much noise from above in this location as there can be with some of the other JSs. That was a bit of a problem for us on a Brilliance last summer.

it's well after May 6 2017 and its still there.

what exactly is it about having one is the make or break factor?

don't get me wrong we only sail in Suites and we love our nightly cocktail hour, but realistically, thats all a CL is good for on these smaller ships. 3 hours a night of basic mixed drinks certainly would not be a deciding factor to us.

Sorry -- that was a typo. Should have been May 6, 2018.

The CL isn't make or break for us, but could possibly have been the extra factor (along with the bigger room, bathroom, etc.) that made it worth the extra cost to us. We've decided against it.

If the CL goes away it'll be replaced by a Suite Lounge and you'd still have access in a GS. But we have done Rhapsody in Alaska and Greek Isles, and just did Vision in the Baltic all in an AFT JS. I'd definitely go with the JS. For the savings you can probably get the Drink Package to make up for no CL access. I will say, as D+ we did enjoy the CL on both ships very much, especially after a long day on shore. A very nice and quiet place for a drink and appetizer, to watch sailaway, etc. So that may be a factor. But we LOVED the HUGE balcony on the aft. Also, as others have stated, the GS's are under the Pool Deck and you likely will have some noise. I didn't find the vibration on either ship in the back much of a deal, but it can be there. For me the Balcony makes up for a whole lot.

Thanks for your post. You've captured perfectly why we decided to go with the aft JS!

its not a large CL but we loved it...we had excellent concierge when onboard in February and we booked again for same week this February...fingers crossed Irma doesn't destroy port area.. Have to say it was an excellent cruise and great service, great food and excellent entertainment...We are certainly getting spoiled by these smaller ships.. the service is so much better then what we have gotten on Allure and Oasis.