Obtaining a visa for Brazil?

Phillygirl3

Christmas markets are fantastic. Enjoy the gluevin (sp).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Glühwein. I love that stuff, I still have my little mugs, too. The Christmas markets are something special - at least they used to be - don't see that they'd have changed too much over the last 30 years or so. I really want to take my wife over to hit them but December is a crazy month for her at work so we can't get out of the office from mid-November through about mid-January. :(

Someday soon...

PS - you can find mulling spices online that make Glühwein that is very, very close to what you get in Germany. I've made a few batches of it over the years, as well as Rumtopf and Bowle...I'm starting to see a trend here. :D

Glühwein. I love that stuff, I still have my little mugs, too. The Christmas markets are something special - at least they used to be - don't see that they'd have changed too much over the last 30 years or so. I really want to take my wife over to hit them but December is a crazy month for her at work so we can't get out of the office from mid-November through about mid-January. :(

Someday soon...

PS - you can find mulling spices online that make Glühwein that is very, very close to what you get in Germany. I've made a few batches of it over the years, as well as Rumtopf and Bowle...I'm starting to see a trend here. :D

Thanks for spelling correction. We too have our mugs. The last time we did this cruise it snowed as we went to a church to hear a choir sing. Fabulous!

Have never tried it...it’s an omnipresent beverage at all the Christmas markets. It’s German mulled wine, as one website says, “a hot brew of spices, sugar, citrus, wine and booze,” and apparently sometimes raisins as well. And it’s served in these very cool little ceramic mugs, unique to each location.

Am sure I’ll become an expert in December!

Have never tried it...it’s an omnipresent beverage at all the Christmas markets. It’s German mulled wine, as one website says, “a hot brew of spices, sugar, citrus, wine and booze,” and apparently sometimes raisins as well. And it’s served in these very cool little ceramic mugs, unique to each location.

Am sure I’ll become an expert in December!

I look forward to hearing what it tastes like. It sounds like something that would have quite a kick but would warm you on a cold December night!

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be on a cruise from San Juan to Rio in December then again in February on Regent from Rio to Barcelona. Since we don't live close to a Consulate, we are using a service. The service received our application September 25th. I called today and asked the status and was told that the visa was being processed. When I asked, "How much longer will it be before processing is complete and was told another 4 weeks. I hope this helps.

I'm using Regent's Visa Central preferred processor and I'm hoping that they received all the forms and passports because the tracking said that they attempted to deliver the package on a Saturday. We then got an email from them saying that they were waiting for the information but when I called to say that it was supposed to be delivered on Saturday I was told that they would re-deliver on Monday. One can only hope, but I will ask my TA to check with them to make sure they are processing it. Wow, Brazil taking that long to process. It wasn't that difficult to get a visa for China and Vietnam. Looking forward to meeting you onboard.

I just read that in January U.S. Citizens will be able to obtain their Visa for Brazil electronically.

It will take about 72 hours for the Visa to be issued :)

This is very good news!

I saw this article for Australia citizens but not for U.S. citizens. Was there a different article? Here is a link http://www.brazilgovnews.gov.br/news/2017/09/brazil-to-begin-issuing-e-visas-for-australians-in-november

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Just found this which clarifies things Starting in January 2018, Brazil will begin issuing electronic visas for US citizens(as well as Australian, Canadian, and Japanese citizens). The new process is valid both for tourist and business visas, and must be requested at least 72 hours in advance.3 days ago

Awesome: Brazil Is Introducing E-Visas For US Citizens - One Mile at a ...

onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/10/30/brazil-introducing-e-visas-for-us-citizens/

I saw this article for Australia citizens but not for U.S. citizens. Was there a different article? Here is a link http://www.brazilgovnews.gov.br/news/2017/09/brazil-to-begin-issuing-e-visas-for-australians-in-november

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Just found this which clarifies things Starting in January 2018, Brazil will begin issuing electronic visas for US citizens(as well as Australian, Canadian, and Japanese citizens). The new process is valid both for tourist and business visas, and must be requested at least 72 hours in advance.3 days ago

Awesome: Brazil Is Introducing E-Visas For US Citizens - One Mile at a ...

onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/10/30/brazil-introducing-e-visas-for-us-citizens/

It may be true or it may be simple click bait. Note his disclaimer:

"...it’s not all that uncommon for there to be major delays when it comes to this kind of stuff, or even to see government officials change their minds..."

As I have said before, nice if it happens, but if I had an upcoming trip that relied on a visa from Brazil, I would go ahead and purchase the visa sooner than later, soon enough to have a visa through the established process in time for my trip.

Stan

This is another article on the subject of getting a E-Visa for Brazil and notes the schedule. Whether or not this happens per the schedule is anyone's guess but it would be great as it will take a lot of pressure getting the visa, giving up your passport with the end result possibly being more tourism to Brazil which they could use.

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/us-citizens-can-soon-apply-for-e-visas-to-brazil?mbid=nl_110217_Intel&CNDID=42670138&spMailingID=12273414&spUserID=MTM4MTU1MTg1MzM2S0&spJobID=1280147268&spReportId=MTI4MDE0NzI2OAS2

Keith

We used Regent to obtain Brazilian Visas 7 years ago. You have to fill out copious amounts of paper work. We mailed our passports, photos & paper work to our TA. She checked it then forwarded everything to the proper agency. We received our passports with attached Visas in 2-3 weeks.

My sister also got her Visa by visiting the embassy in Los Angeles. They were very strict reguarding appointments. It was cheaper but not worth our time of driving to LA from Santa Barbara.

Brazil will begin issuing ETAs in the US in January 2018. For now, DIY is the cheapest way to go ($160pp) if you live near a consulate. However, as has been stated many times here on CC, it is an extremely cumbersome amount of combined paper/online/in-person work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is another article on the subject of getting a E-Visa for Brazil and notes the schedule. Whether or not this happens per the schedule is anyone's guess but it would be great as it will take a lot of pressure getting the visa, giving up your passport with the end result possibly being more tourism to Brazil which they could use.

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/us-citizens-can-soon-apply-for-e-visas-to-brazil?mbid=nl_110217_Intel&CNDID=42670138&spMailingID=12273414&spUserID=MTM4MTU1MTg1MzM2S0&spJobID=1280147268&spReportId=MTI4MDE0NzI2OAS2

Keith

There is another thread that has a link to an official government release. I am starting to be a believer...

Stan

Keith

This would be so helpful. I found the visa process thru the DC office to be THE MOST pain in the you know what I have ever had to deal with in any government dealing. My visa to China with it's four page form plus attachments and two visits (pick up an drop off) was a walk in the park compared to the Brazil visa process.

Brazil will begin issuing ETAs in the US in January 2018. For now, DIY is the cheapest way to go ($160pp) if you live near a consulate. However, as has been stated many times here on CC, it is an extremely cumbersome amount of combined paper/online/in-person work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not only is it cumbersome, it’s also confusing! Am glad I went with a service.

• 2 weeks later...

Was told the visa would get here in November but that the processing center is "backed up" in New York. Now promising December. I hope I won't have to go much longer without my passport as it does limit travel, even to Canada. They have had it for at least a month or more.