Itinerary Advice!!! Allure and Oasis in December

Hey all,

So I am going to book RC Allure or Oasis and could use some input on the ports (or the ships if you want to throw in some suggesitons. But so far it seems Allure is more popular). Looking for an area with better odds of sunny and hot weather, with great beaches, and safe enough to possibly explore when we port.

We would be going in December.

Allure itineraries:

Miami, Florida - At Sea - At Sea - Philipsburg (St. Maarten), Netherlands Antilles - San Juan, Puerto Rico - Labadee, Haiti - At Sea - Miami, Florida

or

Miami, Florida - Nassau, Bahamas - At Sea - Cozumel, Mexico - Roatan, Honduras - Costa Maya, Mexico - At Sea -Miami, Florida

Oasis itineraries:

Port Canaveral, Labadi/Labadee, Falmouth/Jamaica, Cozumel, Port Canaveral

or

Port Canaveral, Nassau, St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie, Philipsburg, Port Canaveral

Allure itinerary #2 and Oasis itinerary #2 have much better beach opportunities.

There is no port exploration possible at Labadee. Falmouth isn't really explorable in the immediate area of the port either.

The major difference between these two ships is the Broadway show in the theater. Pick the ship with the show you would rather see.

Also Miami seems to be easier in/out than Port Canaveral.

Hey all,

So I am going to book RC Allure or Oasis and could use some input on the ports (or the ships if you want to throw in some suggesitons. But so far it seems Allure is more popular). Looking for an area with better odds of sunny and hot weather, with great beaches, and safe enough to possibly explore when we port.

We would be going in December.

Allure itineraries:

Miami, Florida - At Sea - At Sea - Philipsburg (St. Maarten), Netherlands Antilles - San Juan, Puerto Rico - Labadee, Haiti - At Sea - Miami, Florida

or

Miami, Florida - Nassau, Bahamas - At Sea - Cozumel, Mexico - Roatan, Honduras - Costa Maya, Mexico - At Sea -Miami, Florida

Oasis itineraries:

Port Canaveral, Labadi/Labadee, Falmouth/Jamaica, Cozumel, Port Canaveral

or

Port Canaveral, Nassau, St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie, Philipsburg, Port Canaveral

The ships are almost identical. We tend to go on Oasis more due to our preference of Port Canaveral, but would not hesitate to book Allure.

In this case, I would do either of the Allure itineraries. The Oasis itineraries leave a lot to be desired. Falmouth is a bust and I avoid any itinerary with it. Labadee is a fantastic beach day.

In this case, I would do either of the Allure itineraries. The Oasis itineraries leave a lot to be desired. Falmouth is a bust and I avoid any itinerary with it. Labadee is a fantastic beach day.

My thoughts also.

However this opinion is worth what you paid me for it......... :D

Im stuck on which is the better weather/beach between Allure #1 and #2.

Itinerary #1 Allure - Netherlands and Puerto Rico do not seem to have the greatest weather/beaches.......but Philipsburg (St. Maarten) and Labadee seem nice.

Itinerary #2 On the other hand Nassau, Bahamas - At Sea - Cozumel, Mexico - Roatan, Honduras - Costa Maya, Mexico - At Sea -Miami, Florida seem to be less exotic in comparison to the 2 good ports for #1 Allure.

Are hot temps and beaches more important than Oasis Class ship? If so, you might want to consider sailing from San Juan.

I really enjoy the Oasis Class ships, but when aboard I am sailing for the ship, not so much the ports (been there, done all of them).

Im stuck on which is the better weather/beach between Allure #1 and #2.

Itinerary #1 Allure - Netherlands and Puerto Rico do not seem to have the greatest weather/beaches.......but Philipsburg (St. Maarten) and Labadee seem nice.

Itinerary #2 On the other hand Nassau, Bahamas - At Sea - Cozumel, Mexico - Roatan, Honduras - Costa Maya, Mexico - At Sea -Miami, Florida seem to be less exotic in comparison to the 2 good ports for #1 Allure.

Just to make sure nothing is lost in verbiage, Philipsburg/St Maarten/Netherlands Antilles are all referring to same port stop. Allure #1 only has three ports, two of which were badly hit by hurricanes last year. Somebody else may be up to date on their recoveries.

At this point in my life, I would not call any of the ports on any of these itineraries “exotic”. All are touristy spots, though perhaps like beauty, exotic is in the eye of the beholder.

I’d also caution you about getting deeply attached to a given port stop. Sometimes conditions cause ships to miss ports or shuffle times. For example, a medical emergency aboard the ship could suddenly alter her itinerary. Or a storm. Or something else unforeseen. I do not expect any of these things to happen to your sailing, but a person who chooses a specific cruise for one specific port runs some risk of disappointment.

Edited by Starry Eyes

We booked an Eastern followed by a Western on Allure last September. Wound up with a 10 day Western followed by a 4 day Nassau overnight. Missed all the great Eastern ports but got multiple stops in Cozumel.

Ft Lauderdale and Miami are much easier to sail out of than Canaveral.

As Starry Eyes said, you pay a premium price for Oasis and Allure. If you can fly to Puerto Rico you don't waste four sea days getting to the ports. If you like the onboard activities of that class, go with either. If you are more interested in ports sail on a smaller ship if you can.

Just to make sure nothing is lost in verbiage, Philipsburg/St Maarten/Netherlands Antilles are all referring to same port stop. Allure #1 only has three ports, two of which were badly hit by hurricanes last year. Somebody else may be up to date on their recoveries.

At this point in my life, I would not call any of the ports on any of these itineraries “exotic”. All are touristy spots, though perhaps like beauty, exotic is in the eye of the beholder.

I’d also caution you about getting deeply attached to a given port stop. Sometimes conditions cause ships to miss ports or shuffle times. For example, a medical emergency aboard the ship could suddenly alter her itinerary. Or a storm. Or something else unforeseen. I do not expect any of these things to happen to your sailing, but a person who chooses a specific cruise for one specific port runs some risk of disappointment.

Great point - i didnt know or think about the hurricane damage!!! Does anyone know the current status of these ports????

Now i may go with Allure #2....but 2 stops in Mexico.

Thanks all for the continued advice.

Side note, I definitely am looking to do Allure or Oasis as I have been on Carnival cruise lines before and although i care a lot about the ports, I also want to experience a huge, nice ship.

Great point - i didnt know or think about the hurricane damage!!! Does anyone know the current status of these ports????

Now i may go with Allure #2....but 2 stops in Mexico.

Thanks all for the continued advice.

Side note, I definitely am looking to do Allure or Oasis as I have been on Carnival cruise lines before and although i care a lot about the ports, I also want to experience a huge, nice ship.

Good that you know you want mega ship experience even if ports are less warm or exotic. I make that choice regularly.

You may want to read the Port of Call forum to learn about current state of the islands’ recovery.

Two ports in Mexico would not bother me. Cozumel and Costa Maya seem quite popular with cruisers. I’m admittedly a tad bored with both after many visits, but both always feel safe to me. With some research on the port of call forum, you can find nice all inclusive day resorts at Costa Maya. There is lots to do in Cozumel.

If you select that cruise, do plan an excursion for Roatan (port area isn’t so nice, so get out and see the island. We had a private van and driver, so we enjoyed a nice tour there on our first visit.

Non-port related question:

Allure vs Oasis - The general standard rooms and the overall feel of immentities and boat experience....I read they are very similar aside from the shows.

Is this true?

Virtually identical. Differences: shows, decor, Samba Grill (Allure) vs Solarium Bistro (Oasis).

The ships are almost identical. We tend to go on Oasis more due to our preference of Port Canaveral, but would not hesitate to book Allure.

We used to feel the same way about Falmouth until we discovered the all-inclusive resorts with beautiful beaches...totally changed our minds about Jamaica ports and now we look so forward to going there:)

Oh and I vote for Allure #2 because I won’t go back on Oasis as long as CATS is the show and the embarkation port is at Port Canaveral.

Happy cruising:cool:

We were on the Oasis in early March on itinerary #1. Jamaica is great, if you get a tour. We went with Marvyn's Paradise Tours to Dunn's River Falls and Blue Hole. I would recommend it.

Cozumel is fun too. We took a taxi to a park/beach and did some snorkeling in the rain. They have a sea lion show and dolphin show as well: all included in the admission ($21). It was our third time to Cozumel and it is one of my favorite ports.

We are going on the Allure in December.

Wow thanks guys. Keep the advice coming.

Seems like Allure #1 or #2 is what I am leaning towards........

We've done both the Allure and the Oasis. Personally, I hate sailing out of Miami. Checking in just never goes well. Port Canaveral is preferred, but it is a 45 min shuttle ride from the airport.

That being said, you can't go wrong with either itinerary on Allure. But I think #1 may be less expensive?

This is what I was worried about.

But it makes sense......

I did eastern Oasis, San Juan and St. Thomas in December 2017. Damage from the storm didn't affect our plans other than aesthetically, some trees were missing. The local residences...that's a different story. But they restored tourist stops rather quickly, given the circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums