Cancelled BA flight help.

rwdtgb

We were on flight BA flight 633 from Athens to London on October 10,2016. After 4 hours on the plane the flight was cancelled. I have contacted BA and filled out the appropriate forms but have heard nothing back. I know we are entitled to a $400 euro pp refund because of the EU rule. Can anybody give me any advice on who else I can contact to get this matter resolved. Thanks for your help. Tom

We were on flight BA flight 633 from Athens to London on October 10,2016. After 4 hours on the plane the flight was cancelled. I have contacted BA and filled out the appropriate forms but have heard nothing back. I know we are entitled to a $400 euro pp refund because of the EU rule. Can anybody give me any advice on who else I can contact to get this matter resolved. Thanks for your help. Tom

Go to the Flyertalk website and the BA forum on it. Ask your question there. Be sure to give details - not just what you gave here. Be sure you have "thick skin" - FlyerTalk members can be a little brutal and dismissive of newbies ;)

This is not a very long time to wait for a response. I don't think you mean a "refund", you mean payment under EU 261/2004 for the cancellation, don't you? You don't state why your flight was cancelled. EU 261/2004 will not pay for things beyond the airline's control and without any more information, there's not much else to tell you.

Did you call BA and ask what the progress was with your case number?

Edited to add this story I found about it:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1954589/passengers-left-stranded-after-british-airways-flight-cancelled-in-athens-with-travellers-trapped-on-plane-for-three-hours/

Edited by 6rugrats

I am in the process of doing the same thing with BA. I had a flight (funnily enough out of Athens too) get delayed by several hours and I arrived in the US about 16hrs later than planned.

I filed my EU261 claim about a week ago and got a response three days later from someone asking for an authorization form (I had filed on behalf of myself and my OH).

Go to the Flyertalk website and the BA forum on it. Ask your question there. Be sure to give details - not just what you gave here. Be sure you have "thick skin" - FlyerTalk members can be a little brutal and dismissive of newbies ;)

Wow, your post definitely gave me my laugh for the day. If someone thinks Flyer Talk requires a thick skin, they probably need body armor for the Cruise Air forum on CC :D

I love Flyer talk and I agree with you....thick skin not needed but some posts on FT are very "Frank" in responses on the forums.

Wow, your post definitely gave me my laugh for the day. If someone thinks Flyer Talk requires a thick skin, they probably need body armor for the Cruise Air forum on CC :D
Edited by gwsster

Yet, OP did start a thread on FT, and even though he posted to the wrong forum and with the paucity of information given in this thread, people still tried to help and the thread was moved without a single negative comment.

I never understand why you constantly post this same thought over and over in this forum. You rarely provide any suggestions, you just like to harp on about how "mean" posters are here.

We have concluded that anyone who defends any airline on any forum must be an employee/shill for the airlines :(

Hank

I am kind of surprised to see this comment from you, as of course, this isn't true.

I know of one cruiseline forum that could also apply to.

That would be almost every cruiseline forum, but the worst I've seen is the Paul Gauguin forum.

Edited by 6rugrats

If someone thinks Flyer Talk requires a thick skin, they probably need body armor for the Cruise Air forum on CC :D

I never understand why you constantly post this same thought over and over in this forum. You rarely provide any suggestions, you just like to harp on about how "mean" posters are here.

I was wondering the same thing. Why the constant snarky comments about mean posters? It just interrupts an thread that is otherwise perfectly pleasant.

I, too, have always thought some of posters on CC's Cruise Air board are beyond "frank". I have been belittled, grilled, and skewered on more than one occasion. I even rang the triangle once.

I once used the wrong abbreviation for LAS and got fried alive for it! :D

That would be almost every cruiseline forum, but the worst I've seen is the Paul Gauguin forum.

I totally agree. The worst part is that one who was banned for repeatedly terrible behavior is back under a new name with the same ridiculously blind devotion to a product that doesn't get close to meeting the expectations they set for their guests. So not only are they back after being banned, but they are still behaving badly and the mods choose to look the other way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My opinion is that far too many people don't bother with a search before asking a question that has been asked and answered multiple times over the recent past. They also ask questions which require a crystal ball to answer.

"Will we get delayed by weather while trying to get to our cruise on February 17th?" (Asked on September 4th.)

"What is the best airline to fly from Newark to Orlando?" (Best in what respect?)

"Can I carry X on my flight?" (Obviously haven't bothered to read their carrier or the TSA's web site where the answer is readily found in language a 5th grader will understand)

I could go on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I totally agree. The worst part is that one who was banned for repeatedly terrible behavior is back under a new name with the same ridiculously blind devotion to a product that doesn't get close to meeting the expectations they set for their guests. So not only are they back after being banned, but they are still behaving badly and the mods choose to look the other way.

So, you noticed he was back too? It's so obvious it is the same poster! There didn't used to really be a moderator for that forum; don't know if it's changed, but you used to have to send a concern directly to someone on CC, because reporting posts never got any response.