Carnival Dream Balcony Cabin Selection Advice Needed!

dobytn

Hey all,

My other half and I are traveling with our twin 12 year old sons on the Carnival Dream Memorial day weekend and I am stuck on which cabin to get.

I can get a cove balcony which is on deck 2 and close to the restaurant and theater and the boys carnival kids club. Or i can get a balcony cabin up on deck 8 which is closer to the pools and the lido buffet restaurant.

I was told that I would not like a deck 8 balcony because you are always looking down on people walking around on the lanai on deck 6 and could not really see the ocean. Any balcony cabin above deck 6 has no privacy is what i was told.

I want to see the ocean but also want it be convient cabin for both the boys and myself too!!! Anybody have an opinion on this.

Please let me know i as I have to book today.

Thanks

Stefen

I believe I will be on your same cruise! I have always be in the upper deck balconies on my other cruises, I also have a 12 year old who prefers being closer to the pools and ice cream. I will be on the lido deck this time. I prefer being closer to, I will go down in the evenings but would rather be close to my room in the afternoons

Yes, upper balconies have very little privacy. We have booked and are booked again for the cove balcony on the Dream. Very private and close to the water. You can see a picture of the cove balcony in my signature below.

We were on the Panorama Deck (11264) last year on the Dream. Looking down at the Lanai Deck was actually fun for people watching. I could see plenty of ocean. I don't think the Lanai Deck bothered me one bit. Once you've seen the water churning out from under the boat, it doesn't change.

This was the highest we've been though and the most forward we've ever been. So there was a good deal more motion. However, I felt more motion even low on this ship than I experienced on the other two ships we had been on. It certainly wasn't enough to bother me as I like to be rocked to sleep.

A cove balcony is an experience I would like to try sometime, but for me, the higher the balcony - the better.

The Cove balconies are great. It is wonderful to be that close to the water and not be disturbed. You are going to have to ride the elevators either way to get to something (lido deck, MDR, shops, theater, etc.) during your cruise, so there's not much difference there.

Hope you have fun.

Any balcony cabin above deck 6 has no privacy is what i was told.

Hey Stefen:

We had a balcony on deck 6. We didn't have any "privacy" issues. Yes, you can see people walking below along the lanai, and if they look up, they can see you, but they can't look "into" your cabin. We did pick a cabin that didn't have any hot tubs in front (check out the deck plans carefully). Also, if you pick a balcony cabin all the way forward, the lanai narrows so you can actually look down into the ocean.

If you're planning on spending some naked time out in your balcony, don't get one on deck 6. Otherwise, it will be OK.

CD015.jpg

CD024.jpg

CD014.jpg

Edited by Tapi

We chose a cove balcony this time on the Dream and loved it. It is so private and close to the water. You did have a ways to go to get to Lido and pools, but the privacy more than made up for it. The last 2 days of the cruise had some moisture on the balcony but I took my beach towel and cleaned rails and chair.

Cove balcony for us too. We had one last July and enjoyed the privacy and peacefulness very much....also the shade. I wish there were more ships with cove's because we'd like to have one on every cruise in the future. ;)

We were on the Panorama Deck (11264) last year on the Dream. Looking down at the Lanai Deck was actually fun for people watching. I could see plenty of ocean. I don't think the Lanai Deck bothered me one bit. Once you've seen the water churning out from under the boat, it doesn't change.

This was the highest we've been though and the most forward we've ever been. So there was a good deal more motion. However, I felt more motion even low on this ship than I experienced on the other two ships we had been on. It certainly wasn't enough to bother me as I like to be rocked to sleep.

A cove balcony is an experience I would like to try sometime, but for me, the higher the balcony - the better.

I will be on this Deck also with a balcony. Is the balcony covered ?

• 5 years later...
Hey all,

My other half and I are traveling with our twin 12 year old sons on the Carnival Dream Memorial day weekend and I am stuck on which cabin to get.

I can get a cove balcony which is on deck 2 and close to the restaurant and theater and the boys carnival kids club. Or i can get a balcony cabin up on deck 8 which is closer to the pools and the lido buffet restaurant.

I was told that I would not like a deck 8 balcony because you are always looking down on people walking around on the lanai on deck 6 and could not really see the ocean. Any balcony cabin above deck 6 has no privacy is what i was told.

I want to see the ocean but also want it be convient cabin for both the boys and myself too!!! Anybody have an opinion on this.

Please let me know i as I have to book today.

Thanks

Stefen

Hey, we’re on the same cruise. I chose an upper deck 11. The cove was a little blocked to me and I’ve never been that low. I wasn’t sure I’d like that. Just as an FYI, I’m from Franklin 😊

It sounds like we made the right choice by going with a Cove balcony this December on the Dream. This will be the first time ever in a Cove for us. We always did regular balconies, and this was a change of pace and scenery.

I hope you make the right choice.

Hey, we’re on the same cruise. I chose an upper deck 11. The cove was a little blocked to me and I’ve never been that low. I wasn’t sure I’d like that. Just as an FYI, I’m from Franklin

I'm pretty sure you're not going to be on the same cruise, considering his post was for Memorial Day weekend, 2012!

I almost made the same assumption- I saw the date of his post as Mar 8 and thought, how could he have tomorrow's date, then I saw the year!!!

Hey all,

I'm pretty sure you can see the ocean from any balcony on the ship.

That said, on our next cruise I wanted the cove. Wife, however, wanted the spa balcony. We are booked in the spa balcony.:(

Edited by dsotm73

• 1 month later...
I'm pretty sure you're not going to be on the same cruise, considering his post was for Memorial Day weekend, 2012!

I almost made the same assumption- I saw the date of his post as Mar 8 and thought, how could he have tomorrow's date, then I saw the year!!!

Yep, noticed that right after I posted...wrong about the date too. We sail in May :o:cool: