Average Price for Drinks

2tnts

What is the average price for drinks on the Triumph? I am not a heavy drinker so I am trying to determine if it is worth the $50 plus per day to purchase the alcohol plan.

Cheers is more like $60 per day because they add 15% gratuity to the cost. That’s the discounted pre board price.

This review has pictures of bar menus with prices

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2607310&highlight=breeze

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

That I understand.

The question is, how much are individual drinks? One margarita is how much?

If one drink is $5, it’s not worth the package for 3-4 drinks in a day. If the drinks are $20, it would be beneficial to spend the $60 per day.

That I understand.

If one drink is $5, it’s not worth the package for 3-4 drinks in a day. If the drinks are $20, it would be beneficial to spend the $60 per day.

Beer around $6. Mixed drinks around $10-$12.

What is the average price for drinks on the Triumph? I am not a heavy drinker so I am trying to determine if it is worth the $50 plus per day to purchase the alcohol plan.
Remember that the Cheers package includes unlimited non alcoholic drinks as well, such as espresso based hot and cold coffee drinks, vitamin water, bottled water, sparkling bottled water, soda, juice, milkshakes, bottled iced tea, & energy drinks. All of this, plus up to 15 alcoholic drinks per day. If you can drink 3 beers, 3 shots and a couple of the non alcoholic stuff, you're ahead of the game. Or, just go to the best place to drink on the ship, the Alchemy Bar, enjoy just 4 drinks plus the non alcoholic stuff and you're ahead of the game.

Although it appears that if you’re leaving from certain ports (New York, for one), Cheers is not available for use on the day of embarkation. So in our case with a four day cruise - can’t use first day, in port one day - it would probably never pay to purchase Cheers.

Although it appears that if you’re leaving from certain ports (New York, for one), Cheers is not available for use on the day of embarkation. So in our case with a four day cruise - can’t use first day, in port one day - it would probably never pay to purchase Cheers.

Do they not pro-rate it because you miss a day?

Do they not pro-rate it because you miss a day?

They do. You don't pay for Cheers on your first day of a cruise from New York and Galveston. You can drink, but you have to pay for your drinks a la carte on Day 1.

They do. You don't pay for Cheers on your first day of a cruise from New York and Galveston. You can drink, but you have to pay for your drinks a la carte on Day 1.

That's good to know, It'd be crazy to pay for something you can't even use!

Cheers is more like $60 per day because they add 15% gratuity to the cost. That’s the discounted pre board price.

If you listen to some of the posters here, they will actually TIP the bartender WELL for each Cheers drink. Never mind they have already tipped and the drinks are virtually unlimited... they want a "good pour" !

Doing that boosts the daily price by amount of tip per drink times number of drinks per day.

If you listen to some of the posters here, they will actually TIP the bartender WELL for each Cheers drink. Never mind they have already tipped and the drinks are virtually unlimited... they want a "good pour" !

Doing that boosts the daily price by amount of tip per drink times number of drinks per day.

I do that!

I’ve been thinking about that too.

If they’re tipping “well” on each drink it’s gotta be more than $1 on each drink so I figure they’re tipping like $30 extra a day on average which would be over $200 on a seven day cruise if they’re truly getting their monies worth each day on Cheers. That brings that drink package to over $1000 for 2 people on a seven day cruise. I don’t see many people reaching that amount going a la carte.

And then these posters always mention Alcemy bar but the hours there are very limited and most people are having leisurely dinners and then a show for half of those hours.

Carnival has to make out very well on Cheers because most don’t get their monies worth and the ones that do can’t be eating a lot if they’re spending the day drinking all that liquid.

You can have beers for around $5 (maybe less with self pour). Most other drinks will be close to $10. At first glance, $60 a day doesn't seem bad because we've all crushed $60 bar tabs before. You have to decide if $120 (for both adults) per day is an investment that is worth it. Are you going to drink that much, not including your port stops? You do get to try lots of premium spirits that most people wouldn't otherwise order.

I'm a moderate-heavy drinker, the lady is a light drinker. Even if we were both heavy, I wouldn't want to spend over $800 on my upcoming cruise. Although it is a 7-day, port-heavy cruise. I think for a 4 day with 2 sea days, is something along the lines of a much better value.

I’ve been thinking about that too.

If they’re tipping “well” on each drink it’s gotta be more than $1 on each drink so I figure they’re tipping like $30 extra a day on average which would be over $200 on a seven day cruise if they’re truly getting their monies worth each day on Cheers. That brings that drink package to over $1000 for 2 people on a seven day cruise. I don’t see many people reaching that amount going a la carte.

And then these posters always mention Alcemy bar but the hours there are very limited and most people are having leisurely dinners and then a show for half of those hours.

Carnival has to make out very well on Cheers because most don’t get their monies worth and the ones that do can’t be eating a lot if they’re spending the day drinking all that liquid.

This is crazy. Few hit their 15-drink limit. Even fewer do it the whole time. I guess if they want to feel like they are getting more, to each their own.

I don't drink all the other non alcoholic stuff and we get water in our room(which you can also get at a very low price.

The most I drink is one mixed drink during the day, 1 glass of wine at dinner, and maybe a shot of something as a nightcap. For me and my husband it does not pay to buy the Cheers program.

Our total on board bill is rarely over $300 for all on board costs so paying $120 per day for 7 days of drinks does not work for us!

I don't drink all the other non alcoholic stuff and we get water in our room(which you can also get at a very low price.

The most I drink is one mixed drink during the day, 1 glass of wine at dinner, and maybe a shot of something as a nightcap. For me and my husband it does not pay to buy the Cheers program.

Our total on board bill is rarely over $300 for all on board costs so paying $120 per day for 7 days of drinks does not work for us!

And this is why you have to determine for yourself if it is "worth it." Some people drink more than others, so, for some, it saves money. Others drink very little and come out ahead not buying Cheers.

You have to keep in mind that bottled water, milkshakes, specialty coffees, sodas, Powerades, and Rockstar energy drinks are also included in Cheers. I don't think you would get your money's worth on just those items, but if you are also drinking alcoholic beverages, it makes the deal look a bit better.

I am inferring that you're going to be going on a four day cruise to Bermuda out of NYC on the brand new Horizon. This is the perfect cruise in which to get Cheers. You only need to pay for it for days 2-4 and don't worry about your day in Bermuda because you'll be back on board by say 500 and if you crash at midnight, that gives you 7 hours to utilize the package. Even if you drank while in Bermuda, you can't consume 5 drinks over a 7 hour period? Two pre dinner, a glass of wine with dinner and 2 post. Or if you don't drink wine, how about some Bailey's for your coffee or to go with your espresso?

And this is why you have to determine for yourself if it is "worth it." Some people drink more than others, so, for some, it saves money. Others drink very little and come out ahead not buying Cheers.

You have to keep in mind that bottled water, milkshakes, specialty coffees, sodas, Powerades, and Rockstar energy drinks are also included in Cheers. I don't think you would get your money's worth on just those items, but if you are also drinking alcoholic beverages, it makes the deal look a bit better.

Also note, if your belly is full of drinks there is less room for food, and vice versa. I have often wanted to have another drink but after dinner there is absolutely no room left in there!

That I understand.

We found it not worth it for us as we never drink more than 3 drinks in a day on a cruise. And I don’t care about specialty coffee, etc—plain old coffee in the buffet is fine for me, and I fill up my carry mug with ice tea from there. Just not worth it for these budget conscious retirees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have found it is worth it to us. We are not heavy drinkers, but do like to cut loose a bit on a cruise. We have done it both ways, and found we spend about the same per day either way, which is about $45-55pp day. We are generally “break even” drinkers. The most I will generally have in a day is 4...but I enjoy my drinks with premium alcohol and get the highest priced wine by the glass....so my drinks will end up being in the $11-13 range. I occasionally like to try new drinks I wouldn’t ordinarily order in case I may not like. I seem to always get served a couple of drinks that are not made to my liking, so it doesn’t hurt to abandon them. I enjoy the coffee at the coffee bar and will have 2 each morning. We enjoy bottled water at dinner, plus a Powerade or Coke Zero now and then. We also do not drink in Port. In the end, it is much more convenient to not have to haul on wine and soda, mix drinks in our room, etc. Even if we came up short a little each day, the convenience out weighs. Everyone’s cruising style is different though, so what makes sense for one person will not make sense for others.

Also note, if your belly is full of drinks there is less room for food, and vice versa. I have often wanted to have another drink but after dinner there is absolutely no room left in there!
So you wait 90 minutes until your stomach settles and then you can enjoy a nightcap or two or three.

First of all, you're way off regarding the Alchemy Bar. I believe it opens at 200 each day, but doesn't really start hopping till happy hour. I can enjoy drinks there from 530-700 before dinner, 830-1000 after dinner and 1100-1230 after a show. That's 4.5 hours. At 45 minutes per drink, that's 6 drinks. The only people that would be drinking a lot of liquid so that they would not have room for food would be the beer only crowd, of which I am not a member. But I will enjoy a few Corona lights with lime during the course of the day relaxing in the Havana area.

Is Cheers for everyone, no....but it is for those that enjoy knowing what their bar tab is going to be ahead of time and also for those who like to experiment and try new drinks while on vacation. You're not going to spend 25.00 including tip for yourself and your partner to try 2 new drinks, but when you have an allotment of 30 drinks per day, then subtracting 2 that you tried and threw away because you did not like it is no longer wasting that 25.00.

I am sailing with a minor, so I won’t be paying for 2 Cheers packages for the cabin. Didn’t know that other drinks such as bottled water etc was included. I saw that bottled water was another package and was going to purchase water.

It seems cheers would be beneficial for the 5 day sailing.