Muster Drill question

MaryCS62

Somewhere I read a post about muster drill being a talk/movie, and you don't have to go outside & stand in a particular area anymore. Can anyone corroborate this, and if so, do you know if it is on all ships or just certain ones?

Somewhere I read a post about muster drill being a talk/movie, and you don't have to go outside & stand in a particular area anymore. Can anyone corroborate this, and if so, do you know if it is on all ships or just certain ones?

Our most recent RC cruise was a B2B on the Jewel April 2017 and our muster for both legs was outside at the muster station. At least our experience. On our recent Celebrity cruise on the Infinity September 2017 it was held in the theater and was done by video.

What ship are you sailing? Some ships have muster stations inside, others have them outside. All of our recent sailings have had the corny movie explaining things, most of the musters did not allow us to actually see the movie though.

On RC we have always had to stand in lines on deck at our muster station.

We could see disabled guests through the window having their own muster drill in a lounge.

What ship are you sailing? Some ships have muster stations inside, others have them outside. All of our recent sailings have had the corny movie explaining things, most of the musters did not allow us to actually see the movie though.

Looks like from the OPs posts they are sailing on the Adventure.

All Oasis class ships have the drill inside and see a ridiculous movie. I think all other ships still have both inside and outside muster stations and have no movie.

All Oasis class ships do not have the drill inside, there are four muster stations that muster in the aqua theater. If there is rain, they muster in the Schooner bar, the photo gallery and two get stuck in the small area from the doors leading to the boardwalk to right before the carousel.

Anthem also has the movie at its muster. Other Quantum class ships might also.

OP here. We will be on Adventure in May. I'm not technically disabled, but standing for long periods is tough. Will be with disabled daughter in wheelchair, though. If I read all your answers correctly, we'l be standing outside.

OP here. We will be on Adventure in May. I'm not technically disabled, but standing for long periods is tough. Will be with disabled daughter in wheelchair, though. If I read all your answers correctly, we'l be standing outside.

All you will need to do is head to your muster station and check in and ask to go to the area inside for those with disabilities. Both you and your daughter will be much more comfortable there.

All you will need to do is head to your muster station and check in and ask to go to the area inside for those with disabilities. Both you and your daughter will be much more comfortable there.

Yes, follow this advice. It will be fine. :)

No if you have a wheelchair they will let you sit inside just let them know and someone will go through the drill with you while you sit down.

No if you have a wheelchair they will let you sit inside just let them know and someone will go through the drill with you while you sit down.

And even if you don't have a wheelchair, if you check in and explain you have a disability/impairment and have trouble standing, they should direct you inside to an area to sit. I didn't realize this till my last cruise and it was a game changer!

The MOVIE.. While on this subject I think they have turned the Muster Drill into a comedy show. Most people around me I have seen become disinterested in the film and turn their attention to something else. If you want to show a movie, explain the process, show the wearing of the jacket, make it a experience they will have in their memory and do away with the high speed boats, 007 adventure.

When are these drills? Once you have boarded do you have to wait until this is completed before being allowed to roam the ship.

Muster drills are typically about 30-60 minutes before scheduled departure. You can roam around the ship before the drill.