Vista Reviews Are Scaring Me

10XCruiser

Please weigh in on Vista. I am seeing many negative reviews and I am a 30+ cruiser so I don't normally put much faith in negative reviews but getting a little worried. I only get to cruise once this year and thought I would try a new ship. Now doubting my choice of ships. Please put my mind to rest before I book airfare.

Thanks in advance.

Please weigh in on Vista. I am seeing many negative reviews and I am a 30+ cruiser so I don't normally put much faith in negative reviews but getting a little worried. I only get to cruise once this year and thought I would try a new ship. Now doubting my choice of ships. Please put my mind to rest before I book airfare.

Thanks in advance.

We were on the Vista in July and going again in two weeks. The Vista is just fine, we had the best entertainment we have had on a cruise. Relax.

Thanks in advance.

Have not tried Vista, but we have sworn off Carnival after the last few cruises. Too many cutbacks, too many kids whose parents have sworn off parenting (yes, that *is* Carnival's fault, since they target that demographic), too many disappointments. Don't get me wrong - the worst day on Carnival is still better than a good day at work, but with the product Celebrity consistently delivers, we may never go back.

Bennett of BennettAndDebbie

I spent 2 weeks on Vista in January, and we didn't experience half of the negatives that we read about. The only really bad thing we both noticed was the awful, awful layout of the Liquid Lounge. Seriously...Who dropped the ball on that one?? We loved the Havana area, and the entertainment was good. Go in with an open mind and enjoy your cruise!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

I posted a similar thread not too long ago but everyone here made me feel better. We booked a Havana balcony cabin for 2019 and plan to just relax, swim, drink fruity drinks and enjoy the ports. We don't go to the shows so the complaints about the theater don't worry me. The long lines and spotty bar and MDR service do concern me a little but I'm hoping if it gets too bad, Carnival will maybe make some adjustments.

We sailed on the Vista on the first trip out of New York last November There are things I liked about the Vista but also there is one BIG negative for me I really hate the liquid lounge it is so small and the chairs on the floor are not good no place to put you drinks also some say they liked the shows but for me they were just way to loud. They need to turn the volume down a little. There were very long lines going to the comedy club I mean way way long so we never went there. the rest of the ship I liked but because of the liquid lounge I probably will not sail on here again or her sister ships either unless they change that. I like the Spirit class the best. I have sailed on all the classes of carnival ships and liked all of there main show rooms but again the liquid lounge on the Vista sucks in my opinion

Have not tried Vista, but we have sworn off Carnival after the last few cruises. Too many cutbacks, too many kids whose parents have sworn off parenting (yes, that *is* Carnival's fault, since they target that demographic), too many disappointments. Don't get me wrong - the worst day on Carnival is still better than a good day at work, but with the product Celebrity consistently delivers, we may never go back.

Bennett of BennettAndDebbie

Bad parenting is Carnival's fault.....now that is a new one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OP: as an experienced cruiser and long-time CC member, you should well understand the "negative review".

Go back and read bad reviews on ships you enjoyed most. That should put it in perspective - some people will love it, others will hate it.

I predict you will enjoy the Vista. Please come back and tell us I was right.

:)

I sailed Vista in February, my 23rd CCL cruise. I also hated the Liquid Lounge. Problem was that they slide the chairs out for dancing and in for the shows. So they didn't stay in place and no safe spots for your drink. I saw long lines for Your Time Dining, so you definitely want a set dining time. Service was terrible in the MDR and cabin ( I have a Havana Balcony). There wasn't enough staff to take care of the passengers. We only had entertainment twice in the MDR. The new digital photo gallery was nice, but random people's shots were in our batch. While I'm not a goody goody prude, Quest was just disgusting on this ship.

Edited by karenw
Misspell

We sailed the Conquest a few years back and had sworn off Carnival. We booked a Havanna Balcony on the Vista and LOVED it so much we booked 2 more and 1 for the Horizon. You will have an awesome time! We didnt feel there were excessive lines anywhere. We did specialty dining which will give you an elevated experience too. A break from the MDR makes all the difference :-)

Ok

You can't compare Carnival and Celebity

Most ships you have kids not being supervised

People who choose YTD then have to make because They can't get "their" time ? It is a gamble pick a dining time.

Less staff is a corporate thing these days with many, many businesses.

Liquid lounge ( haven't been on Vista yet) and although it may be a prime space to meet before dinner there are other choices for pre-dinner drinks.

Alhclemy Bar sounds like a fantastic place to me.

Food is so subjective, I've yet to find any free options on a cruise that work just fine.

Go without predetermined thoughts/notion and you will be fine.

Thanks in advance.

We are on Vista in 20 days. I never take the reviews too seriously, because if I did, I would have never cruised. Is everything perfect? No. But a cruise vacation is what you make of it. We were on Sunshine in 2015 and while it was not my favorite ship, it definitely was better than the reviews made it out to be.

Go with an open mind and don't sweat the small stuff. In general, we avoid going to specific places during peak times, and plan on getting to the comedy and main show venues early to get a good seat (because they are smaller in size).

Go with an excited attitude and enjoy your cruise!! :-)

I use information in reviews that are helpful such a room tips and pics, things people did and at what time if they managed to avoid crowds, etc. People can write what they want, but I'm not interested in a list of petty complaints. And I will never choose a ship based on what someone else says. They may have a completely different set of wants and needs.

Booked on the Vista in August. Not worried but excited to enjoy the ride and meet Matt Mitchum!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

People always have their own agendas to the point that "reviews" (especially on the internet) have become more and more slanted towards personal grievances and disappointments the "if I'm miserable everyone is going to know it" syndrome.

Like movie reviews it is all about the "what did this do for me", not about presenting facts and figures. A line for some is anyone being ahead of them, for others a line is 100 people. For some, bad food means anything they wouldn't eat at home because it isn't cooked by Grandma, for others it is tastes that aren't their usual fare. Many cruisers "hate" kids on vacation so more than a half dozen on a cruise makes them miserable, others "like" kids and families and spring break works great for them. Some believe a cruise means they are "the Vanderbilts" and the cruise staff are their personal butlers and maids, others are pretty darn self-sufficient and don't need to be catered to 24/7.

I read reviews for insight and entertainment. Rarely have I ever experienced a review that was dead on right either way. Keep this in mind almost 4000 people sail vista every week and have been for almost a year. Then add in the fact that people are 10 times more likely to post a negative review than a positive one. Now look at the low number of reviews on this site. Now think about all the people that didn't write reviews and the fact the ship is pretty much full every cruise. Now stop worrying and enjoy your cruise. With that being said yes you may have to wait for a drink or food if you go at prime times but that happens everywhere on land too. Enjoy

If you don't mind, and are able, to stand a minimum of 30 minutes each time you want to do anything on the Vista, then don't worry. If this bothers you, you will not enjoy the Vista. Breakfast at the Lido is very crowded, hectic and loud. Not my idea of a good start to the day. The ship was just too big for me.

The food was good. Loved the Imax. Excursions were fun, but getting off the ship to them was a hassle IMO. Brewery tour in the Red Frog was great. Alchemy Bar was wonderful with great bartenders. Steak house was great, but get reservations now!

Go and see and judge for yourself. Got to take the good with the bad.

I spent 2 weeks on Vista in January, and we didn't experience half of the negatives that we read about. The only really bad thing we both noticed was the awful, awful layout of the Liquid Lounge. Seriously...Who dropped the ball on that one?? We loved the Havana area, and the entertainment was good. Go in with an open mind and enjoy your cruise!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Whoever designed the Liquid Lounge should be fired! Did that person also design the huge support poles in the comedy club and the tiny piano bar?

We sailed 13 days on Vista on the Transatlantic. We had an amazing cruise. It was our first time to Europe. We fell in love with Barcelona.

Vista herself? Meh. Her layout was choppy. We didn't experience too many lines, other than for the comedy club, because we ate at off hours. Matt Mitcham was the best cruise director we've experienced.

We are booked on Horizon TA, but we chose a Havana Cabana aft balcony this time. Maybe the private pool area will be more to our liking. Hopefully some of Vista's design flaws will be fixed on Horizon.

Oh, aren't the hand washing stations just wonderful! Carnival has to add them to every ship.

Did 12 days on her in her Inaugural season..

Her theatre and comedy lounge have badly placed pillars and movable seats but getting there at a good time evades these issues. Theatre shows better than ones we have seen in the past although comedy is always hit and miss with Carnival.

Atrium is less impressive than her sisters but how much time is spent there anyway? Plus there was still a good vibe in there on party nights.

Things like the skyride and the amazing deck 5 Promenade make these issues small anyway...really loved those.

Pool decks were crowded but thats Carnival standard anyway and we really didn't notice a crowded Lido (always found somewhere to sit and lines were 5/6 people deep most of the time and moved quickly). We had no problems going into anytime dining as the let Gold and up have a priority line. We did thing the Horizon dining room was badly designed decor wise though.

Also loved all the dining on board and the slides.

My favorite feature of Vista is the deck 5 Lanai. We were out there for morning coffee and cards, after dinner drinks, and amazing sunset photos over the bow. We never tried the Liquid Lounge as we're not Playlist Productions fans, but we did wait in line 1/2 hour for a comedy show. And you did need to wait in line to get a seat. I much prefer the comedy club layout on Spirit and Conquest-class ships. Having said that, we really enjoyed Vista and we're booked on Horizon out of NYC in 2018.

People always have their own agendas to the point that "reviews" (especially on the internet) have become more and more slanted towards personal grievances and disappointments the "if I'm miserable everyone is going to know it" syndrome.

Like movie reviews it is all about the "what did this do for me", not about presenting facts and figures. A line for some is anyone being ahead of them, for others a line is 100 people. For some, bad food means anything they wouldn't eat at home because it isn't cooked by Grandma, for others it is tastes that aren't their usual fare. Many cruisers "hate" kids on vacation so more than a half dozen on a cruise makes them miserable, others "like" kids and families and spring break works great for them. Some believe a cruise means they are "the Vanderbilts" and the cruise staff are their personal butlers and maids, others are pretty darn self-sufficient and don't need to be catered to 24/7.

So true! A vacation being great is all about managing your attitude and expectations. I've never had a bad cruise or vacation... and I never will! And that includes two cruises where I was nauseous the entire time (not the cruiseline's fault) and one where I could not keep any food in me for half the trip (also not the cruiseline's fault). Things just happen... you go with it. I do not spend 1000's of dollars to be disappointed.