Guarantee Cabin Assignment

tvlworm

• 4 weeks later...

We booked a TBA balcony on Ecstasy a month ago for a May 11 sailing. We just got our room assignment today on the Main center deck. Yay! But I'm not understanding the categories, what they mean.

Edited by Kenny O

Hmmmm I've been checking like a mad lady everyday :') our sail date is April 21st. We booked Balcony guarantee. See nothing yet. 58 days to go. Wish we could see where we we will be then I usually look over deck plans to see whats close.

Have to wait and see

Yes, you will have to wait. They might surprise you and automatically upgrade you if plenty of rooms are available to send you an upgrade offer for a small price.

Hmmm this may be a stupid question but what's an upgrade on balcony??

Carnival has 6 or 7 balcony designations. Most are category 8...There are some category 7 and category 9 . Aft balconys are one of the higher categorys as are SPA and Lido deck. Usually a 8A starts on deck 6. Ships which have the cove balconeys are on deck 2

The one time booked guarantee I had an assignment a couple months before the cruise. We're within 10 days of a cruise now and someone in my roll call still hasn't received their assignment.

Happened to us once .....Didn't get assignment until porter looked at Manifest at pier. In a way...it was sorta exciting not knowing what your cabin was. We knew we had a balcony...so no big deal. and its not as if we had a choice in changing it if we knew earlier. As it turned out we were assigned a Lido balcony ...We were happy!!

Carnival has 6 or 7 balcony designations. Most are category 8...There are some category 7 and category 9 . Aft balconys are one of the higher categorys as are SPA and Lido deck. Usually a 8A starts on deck 6. Ships which have the cove balconeys are on deck 2

Ty for the info. I will have to wait like everyone else. ;p I can still see deck 2, 6 mostly available. There are a few on deck 7, 8 and 9. This is I were to purchase a Balcony room and if I chose my storeroom. I'm guessing anything higher is gone.

Right after we were assigned a Cove balcony I got an email with a $40 upgrade to floor 8 or 9 ( can’t really remember). I didn’t take it. We’ve never had a Cove before.

Happened to us once .....Didn't get assignment until porter looked at Manifest at pier. In a way...it was sorta exciting not knowing what your cabin was. We knew we had a balcony...so no big deal. and its not as if we had a choice in changing it if we knew earlier. As it turned out we were assigned a Lido balcony ...We were happy!!

LIDO:hearteyes: well I don't think that is happening. Looks as everything is gone. Shows only deck 2, 6 mostly. Few on deck 7, 8 and some of 9.

I'm so excited. :D

LIDO:hearteyes: well I don't think that is happening. Looks as everything is gone. Shows only deck 2, 6 mostly. Few on deck 7, 8 and some of 9.

I'm so excited. :D

Don't be disappointed if you get a Cove balcony on deck 2.... Those are really nice and your real close to the water!! Its awesome to hear the ocean while sitting on that balcony. Also an added bonus is your close to your cabin on Port days. No dealing with packed elevators or having to treck up many levels of stairs!!

Don't be disappointed if you get a Cove balcony on deck 2.... Those are really nice and your real close to the water!! Its awesome to hear the ocean while sitting on that balcony. Also an added bonus is your close to your cabin on Port days. No dealing with packed elevators or having to treck up many levels of stairs!!

Actually I will be fine with Deck 2, I've read some reviews. When it's time to sleep we will get a good night's sleep. Just excited about a Balcony. My daughter is so used to walking to a certain side for inside and reading door number it won't clue in until she sees the number and be shocked.... a Balcony Mama! :D

• 2 weeks later...

So friggin anxious on getting the news about which cabin we will be in. We are 46 days to go... guarantee balcony.

The longer it is do you think it's better?:confused: Idk all I know we could have a temporary room but they are waiting on sales.

So friggin anxious on getting the news about which cabin we will be in. We are 46 days to go... guarantee balcony.

The longer it is do you think it's better?:confused: Idk all I know we could have a temporary room but they are waiting on sales.

I do, only because it helped me narrow down which cabin it could be. I made frequent mock bookings and looked at the available cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
Curious, have you heard anything about your balcony yet?

We actually already sailed and received our assignment around 3 weeks beforehand ending up on Spa deck 11. I was a little bit nervous about being on the top passenger deck and all the way forward but it was great! Glory doesn’t have a Cloud 9 Spa so there wasn’t anything special about the room furnishings or any spa perks. Only difference from any other balcony was it has a full sliding balcony door.

We actually already sailed and received our assignment around 3 weeks beforehand ending up on Spa deck 11. I was a little bit nervous about being on the top passenger deck and all the way forward but it was great! Glory doesn’t have a Cloud 9 Spa so there wasn’t anything special about the room furnishings or any spa perks. Only difference from any other balcony was it has a full sliding balcony door.

was it a covered balcony? I seem to remember there was that difference too, but could have wrong ship.