Diamond Drinks Usable in Main Dining Room....Fleetwide?

Pstreet12

Allure is a YES (Oasis Class)--Perhaps not at Rising Tide Bar

Harmony is a YES (Oasis Class)--Perhaps not at Rising Tide Bar

Oasis is a YES (Oasis Class)--seems to include Rising Tide Bar

Anthem is a NO. (Quantum Class)

Freedom is a NO (Freedom Class)--but maybe possible with the waiter complicit

Adventure is a NO (Voyager Class)

Explorer is a YES (Voyager Class)

Navigator is a YES (Voyager Class)

Grandeur is a NO (Radiance Class)

Jewell is a Maybe (Radiance Class)--Reports are definitely mixed

Majesty is a YES (Sovereign Class)

Empress is a YES (Empress Class)

I think Grandeur is a Vision class. Never sailed on it, but think Radiance class is Radiance Brillance and Jewel.

JC

I think Grandeur is a Vision class. Never sailed on it, but think Radiance class is Radiance Brillance and Jewel.

Yes. and Serenade.

Biker, who doesn't see the need to list the ship class when listing which ships have this feature.

if you went to a diamond lounge and had 3 drinks, are they the same three drinks that you had loaded onto your pass? I am a while off being a diamond, but why would it matter to the company where you have your 3 drinks?? I don't understand?

if you went to a diamond lounge and had 3 drinks, are they the same three drinks that you had loaded onto your pass? I am a while off being a diamond, but why would it matter to the company where you have your 3 drinks?? I don't understand?

Drinks are unlimited in the Diamond lounge. The purpose of the 3 drinks loaded onto your Sea Pass card was to alleviate crowding in the lounge. Some people use them in other bars throughout the ship since they can only be used during the same hours as the nightly cocktail hour in the Diamond lounge

As I posted earlier to me it seems to defeat their purpose if people can use them in the dining room instead of in bars.

Drinks are unlimited in the Diamond lounge. The purpose of the 3 drinks loaded onto your Sea Pass card was to alleviate crowding in the lounge. Some people use them in other bars throughout the ship since they can only be used during the same hours as the nightly cocktail hour in the Diamond lounge

As I posted earlier to me it seems to defeat their purpose if people can use them in the dining room instead of in bars.

Better make that "Drinks are CURRENTLY unlimited in the Diamond lounge." Royal appears to be studying how "to better serve us."

Onboard Majesty of the Seas, Royal Caribbean Blog reader Nick Vitani shared this photo of a notice given to guests who are at least Diamond level in Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor Society. The note advises guests that a pilot program is in effect, where guests that go to the Viking Crown Lounge for their complimentary Diamond beverages will be required to swipe their SeaPass card.

There is no charge for these drinks, but the note states the test is, "to better understand the level of service we are providing during the nightly Diamond event."

So odd, I wonder if some senior officer changed between cruises, like the HD or Restaurant Manager.

We had MTD, table for two. Same table every evening for both legs. Different wait staff on the second leg. Also different head waiter on the second leg. On the first leg there was a floating bar staff member taking drink orders. On the second leg no floating bar staff member only our assistant waiter was taking our beverage orders. So I just slipped out of the MDR and got a couple glasses of wine at the bar and brought them back into the MDR to enjoy with our meals. No biggie.

They are probably getting ready to announce that Diamond level won't have access to the lounges anymore.;p

Do you think no access to lounges at all, or cocktail hours.

Also, they'd still keep the 3 drinks loaded onto the cards, wouldn't you think?

There is no charge for these drinks, but the note states the test is, "to better understand the level of service we are providing during the nightly Diamond event."

We have had reports of trials like that before on other ships - but no changes, so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. and Serenade.

Biker, who doesn't see the need to list the ship class when listing which ships have this feature.

You're probably right. I just did it to show whether there is any uniformity within a class: Oasis seems to be (sort of) uniform. Others, not so much.

It might discourage camping out in DL if had 3 drink limit. I can see rccls incentive because having diamond perks is often a reason not to get drink package.

Maybe if some drinking 6-7 a night by hitting DL and then cashing in 3 drinks at bars...... the 3 limit will encourage purchase of drinking package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Grandeur is a NO (Vision Class)

On our recent b2b on Vision (9/07 and 9/20) we were able to use the drinks loaded onto our SeaPass Cards in the MDR during the hours that the lounges were serving.

Grandeur is a NO (Vision Class)

Please see above post.

Unfortunately MJ is a big no.

They did take one off my bill and then pointed out the rules.

c72a1c84d34811e6b76cdd0e92480ac0.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

We've been on four RC cruises this year; two each on Oasis and Allure. This is exactly how it's written on both.