Carnival credit card points

Mleonardelli5

I have the card and I have found absolutely nothing that gives the exact amount of what points are worth. I think there used to be a calculator to help determine the point value, I think it's a sliding scale and the more points you use at once the more they are worth. If anyone knows of anything like this, I'd certainly be interested.

The one positive I have found is they recently added a 10% refund for carnival excursions purchased with it, so that's a nice perk but not everyone uses carnival excursions.

I would say shop around before you make a decision on this one. I'm not sure I would choose this card again, but sticking with it because I don't want to add any more credit or cancellations to my credit report.

We just got the carnival cc and don’t really understand how the points work and what the dollar value is. Does anyone have this card and know how the points are valued? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You get one point for every dollar spent or two points for every dollar spent with carnival. There are ways to get a higher redemption rate. If you had 99,999 points that would be worth $999. however if you saved up to 100,000 points, that could be redeemed for $1,500. I just did that myself and paid for a vista cruise. I’ve heard others say you can get that 1.5 redemption rate on any purchase over $1,500 but I’ve never tested it out myself. There is a redemption calculator on the Barclaycard website and app.

Last time we cruised (2016) I was able to book a suite (3 of us) for just a few hundred dollars since we had a certain number of points. BUT, it seems like they have changed how you redeem the points for cruises. Last time I just applied the points directly for the cruise, now it appears I need to go into "redeem points" and click on what I want to redeem them for. I will have 100,000 points soon and want to pay for the rest of my 14 day Hawaii cruise but not sure if I need to pay $1,500 directly to my cruise then apply the points all at once or if I can apply the points to several payments I have made for a total of $1,500.

I can’t find the calculator to save my life. I’ve looked everywhere on the site. :o

On the app I go rewards, pay with fun points, how many fun points do I need to pay for my cruise?

I would think the website would be similar.

ddb297efa06e0d784c2a1500cc5ea972.jpg

df6fdd1c1c087233194dc803e9f63c28.jpg

6c152e8b322febd6abd40c4164afb214.jpg

60e04f9466c0aa77a2590ca7eb312bb4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You get one point for every dollar spent or two points for every dollar spent with carnival. There are ways to get a higher redemption rate. If you had 99,999 points that would be worth $999. however if you saved up to 100,000 points, that could be redeemed for $1,500. I just did that myself and paid for a vista cruise. I’ve heard others say you can get that 1.5 redemption rate on any purchase over $1,500 but I’ve never tested it out myself. There is a redemption calculator on the Barclaycard website and app.

Wow, 1.5X redemption is a pretty good deal!

On the app I go rewards, pay with fun points, how many fun points do I need to pay for my cruise?

I would think the website would be similar.

ddb297efa06e0d784c2a1500cc5ea972.jpg

df6fdd1c1c087233194dc803e9f63c28.jpg

6c152e8b322febd6abd40c4164afb214.jpg

60e04f9466c0aa77a2590ca7eb312bb4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does not show up on the website that way anymore, Last time I booked my cruise it was exactly as you have it but not anymore. That is why I am a bit confused on if I have to pay ONE amount for $1,500 (with 100,000 points) or,because I made payments, I can check off $1,500 in several transactions for my cruise.

Carnival cruise 50.00 to 1499.99 1.0% 1500.00 or more 1.5%

Other qualifying cruiselines 1%. Princess qualifies. NCL doesn't it. I don't know about the rest.

Airfare and hotel transactions 50.00 or more 0.90%

I just sailed the dream. Cruise fare was 1552.44. I booked and paid in full just after my statement closed. Redeemed 100,000 points just after transaction posted for a statement balance of 1500.00 I recieved the credit about 3 days after I redeemed my points and before my statement closed. Had a price drop of 30.00 and received that amount in OBC.

To earn points you receive 1 point for every dollar spent. 2 points for every dollar spent with carnival. So your cruise fare, excursions and your sign and sail account receives 2 points for every dollar spent. Right now you get 10% refunded back to your card for excursions paid for with credit card. I booked my couples spa pass with carnival gift cards and 11.00 on my credit card and still received the full 10% of the whole amount refunded to my card. You can also earn more points for certain stores when purchasing online. When purchasing carnival gift cards from stores like Frys/Kroger you only earn 1 point for every dollar spent but I assume if you buy them on carnivals website that you would earn 2 points. I sometimes buy the gift cards from Frys when they are offering 4xgas points on gift cards. That way I save on my gas while still earning credit card points for purchasing gift cards with my credit card. I pay for most things with my credit card and then make 1 big payment at end of month.

Wow, 1.5X redemption is a pretty good deal!
I have that percentage on my Capital One card and I get it back as hard cash, and don't have to use it on a cruise. With regards to the Carnival card, I got it when they had a double promotion going on. Used the card once, got a 100.00 Carnival e gift card that had a one year expiration on it and also got 10,000 points, which I then redeemed for a 100.00 hard plastic Carnival gift card with no expiration. So, I earned 200.00 in freebies for using the card once.

Have done the same thing over the years with Royal, Celebrity and Norwegian, earning 100 for each of them.

We got ours to get the statement credit they were offering. Originally, we used the card for everything, paying it off every cycle. However, we have a card that we like better for all except Carnival purchases. We still use the Carnival card for those, since we get double points as well as 10% off excursions. Our upcoming cruise, we also used our card to pay our travel companions' excursions. We got the double points & they saved 10% on their excursions.

Carnival cruise 50.00 to 1499.99 1.0% 1500.00 or more 1.5%

Other qualifying cruiselines 1%. Princess qualifies. NCL doesn't it. I don't know about the rest.

Airfare and hotel transactions 50.00 or more 0.90%

I just sailed the dream. Cruise fare was 1552.44. I booked and paid in full just after my statement closed. Redeemed 100,000 points just after transaction posted for a statement balance of 1500.00 I recieved the credit about 3 days after I redeemed my points and before my statement closed. Had a price drop of 30.00 and received that amount in OBC.

That’s basically what I did and recieved my credit of $1200 on my credit card balance a few days after I booked, and paid in full. Now, I’m building up reward points that I hope to cash in towards OBC before I sail in March 2019. I also own a credit card for NCL and RCCL. I will use one of them exclusively after this Carnival cruise towards my other cruises. I’m looking at a Royal Cruise for my 50th Anniversary for March 2020.

I can’t find the calculator to save my life. I’ve looked everywhere on the site. :o

It is not on this site. It is on the credit card issuers site. I just cashed in 20,000 points for $200 OBC on my next cruise. What you can use the points for can be found under "rewards and benefits" under Using Fun Points".

• 1 month later...
I have used this card for years. You receive 1 point for each dollar amount. If you accrue 80,000 points, that translates to $800 off a cruise. I just cashed in $1200 off a cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought they only gave you 1.5% off a cruise (or any statement balance) if you had 100,000 points. So if you had waited until you had 100,000 points, you would have gotten $1,500 off the cruise OR a statement credit in the amount of $1,500!

I thought they only gave you 1.5% off a cruise (or any statement balance) if you had 100,000 points. So if you had waited until you had 100,000 points, you would have gotten $1,500 off the cruise OR a statement credit in the amount of $1,500!

That’s true. A few months ago I cashed in 100k points for $1,500 on my vista cruise. It seems like I read you can also get the 1.5 redemption rate when you apply it to any charge over $1,500...so like apply 80k points to a 1,000 charge you get $800. Apply 80k points to a $1,500 charge you get $1,200but I havent tried that one so I can’t confirm it.

Yes, but you earn double, triple, or more points depending on where it’s used. Example: I recently recieved 10/$1 from ebags when I bought luggage, but you have to click on that one store in your cards reward section before using card in store or online. I paid for my cruise in full when booking and recieved double points. Then a week later, I cashed in reward points on my balance on credit card. It amounted to $1200, PLUS I recieved $100 off my cruise just by using my Carnival Mastercard. So, my inside cabin with taxes and port fees, prepaid gratuities, and trip insurance came to $1926. Minus $100 for using card, $1826. Minus $1200 off balance once it was authorized on card, $626. That for my 7 day cruise. Pretty good if you ask me! Now, I’m building reward points to cash in for OBC.

Mine is $1 a point, $1 on Carnival is 2 points

In the past I could use points and get a check. Last week I used 20,000 points and had to select a gift card. The best option of course being a $250 Carnival gift card. I think Amazon was like $100 for the same 20,000 points. I will use for upcoming cruise.

10% back on shore excursions booked prior to boarding