Current e-mail regarding upsells

We are one of the many who received the recent e-mail offer to upgrade to a junior suite for a price. We did put ourselves on the list, but I'm curious if anyone has actually gotten a call to upgrade. We have been keeping our phones nearby so we don't miss the call. Are we waiting in vain?

How do you get on the list?

I received an email a couple of weeks ago to upgrade from balcony to junior suite for $300. It is a 14 day cruise to the Baltic. I put my name on the list. Never received a call. �������� Guess it will not happen now, huh?

Probably not, but that was a great price for that upgrade!

You have to be asked you can't just sign up

My experience this WEEK was when I called to select preferences and asked them to "check off" automatic upgrade she told me instead of the new pilot program of upselling cabins. She also stated that it'll be "a couple of months" till the (snack) preferences and upgrade preferences return to the websit.

It's my opinion that you won't ever see the automatic upgrade return. You can call and see if telling them (C&A) you wish to select the "automatic upgrade" if they ask you instead if you want to wait listed for upgrades.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got a call for upsell on AD from JS to GS for 7 nights for $1000. I told her it was too much money. No counter offer.

That's steep! And I'm cheap. Call came from the C&A number. Upgrade preference set to automatic :rolleyes:

I like a JS. It's a good value.

When you received the call from RCCL, how far out was your sailing date?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I received an email today offering the potential upgrade from a neighborhood balcony guarantee (the cabin has already been assigned, and is CP balcony) to an OV balcony for $200. Our cruise is on the Allure in May.

I wonder what the likelihood is you actually get offered the upgrade if you say 'yes' to the email.

Our sailing shows no cabins available in categories higher than what we already have, so it seems unlikely.....

Update - Well, I got the call on Saturday! (I received the email in early April.) Our cruise sails on May 13, so they called 3 weeks ahead. Just wanted to let everyone know, since I really didn't expect to hear from them. :)

Ruth

Update - Well, I got the call on Saturday! (I received the email in early April.) Our cruise sails on May 13, so they called 3 weeks ahead. Just wanted to let everyone know, since I really didn't expect to hear from them. :)

Ruth

A confirmed successful upsell call!

Thanks for sharing, Ruth. :)

Ruth

Very nice upgrade at a reasonable price!

We never got an email for an upsell, but got an upsell call last week for our May 25th Alaska cruise on the Radiance. It was way too much money and we passed, but nice to actually receive a call.:)

Unless the natural light from the window is very important to you, I'd pass on this. Our experience with Alaksa was that when there was something to see outside, we wanted to be outside on deck for the best view.

This was so our opinion as well, I have tried to explain this to so many about Alaska... Save the money for sightseeing, etc. Don't be afraid to jump on a last minute sale with an inside or OV cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

I got an email today asking if I wanted to be put on the waitlist for a JS on Explorer in July for our 7N to Alaska. $900 for the upgrade from the Spacious OV Balcony. I added myself to the list, but don’t know that we’ll except. The only real benefit is the larger bathroom.

A few questions about these up sell offers.

• Are the prices quoted per person or a flat rate of $200, $800 ect?
  • If you booked through a travel agent does the agent get the email or does Royal email the passenger direct?
  • Is the upgrade a guarantee room or a specific room number? I would hate to pay to be in an undesirable part of the ship. For me location trumps size of room.

I got an email today asking if I wanted to be put on the waitlist for a JS on Explorer in July for our 7N to Alaska. $900 for the upgrade from the Spacious OV Balcony. I added myself to the list, but don’t know that we’ll except. The only real benefit is the larger bathroom.

That's a bit more than double what I'd spend on a balcony to JS upgrade.

A few questions about these up sell offers.

• Are the prices quoted per person or a flat rate of $200, $800 ect?
  • If you booked through a travel agent does the agent get the email or does Royal email the passenger direct?
  • Is the upgrade a guarantee room or a specific room number? I would hate to pay to be in an undesirable part of the ship. For me location trumps size of room.

* Prices are for the room total, not per person.

* The passenger receives the email and phone call

* From what I have seen they give you a room number. They MAY give you options to pick which cabin you would like, but I have no personal experience. However there are very few, if any, "bad" JS or full suite locations.

OK. So, I received the upsell email to get the on the waiting list today for our July 29th cruise on the Oasis. I'm not sure it is worth it, but I added myself to the list and figured I would ask on here. We currently have a standard "Ocean View Balcony" and the potential upgrade was for a "Large Ocean View Balcony" for $250 (7 day cruise).

My questions are 1) what is the "Large Ocean View Balcony", and 2) is that price worth the difference? I am guessing not.

I have looked at all sorts of deck plans for the Oasis and have seen some rooms with slightly larger balconies, but the wording has me confused. Even doing a mock booking for a future Oasis cruise doesn't show "Large Ocean View Balcony" as an option.

I received the upsell email in early April to move from OV Balcony to JS for $400 on the Oasis 5/27 cruise. 17 days from sail date and still waiting for the call! Will let you know if that happens!!

OK. So, I received the upsell email to get the on the waiting list today for our July 29th cruise on the Oasis. I'm not sure it is worth it, but I added myself to the list and figured I would ask on here. We currently have a standard "Ocean View Balcony" and the potential upgrade was for a "Large Ocean View Balcony" for $250 (7 day cruise).

My questions are 1) what is the "Large Ocean View Balcony", and 2) is that price worth the difference? I am guessing not.

I have looked at all sorts of deck plans for the Oasis and have seen some rooms with slightly larger balconies, but the wording has me confused. Even doing a mock booking for a future Oasis cruise doesn't show "Large Ocean View Balcony" as an option.

The Large Ocean View Balcony are category 1C and 2C. The cabin is the same, the balcony is larger (50 sq ft vs 80 sq ft). So if you would like more balcony space, then the price might be worth it.

Question

We have been on several cruises and have another booked for December. We have never received emails offering upgrades.

Does this depends on what type of room you have already booked?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Sometimes people do not get the emails but when they log into their http://www.ncl.com account, there will be an email in the inbox if you are targeted.