Hotels in FLL

Jayden1019

Hi all-my hubby and I are first time cruisers..we are considering flying down the day before embarking. Any suggestions on reasonable hotels for 1 nite stay?!? Any suggestions will be appreciated...thank u!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

If you look on the portion of Cruise Critic devoted to Florida, located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

you will find MANY, MANY discussions of hotels, and transport, which you will also need to know about.

It would also be helpful to know what you describe as "reasonable" and when you are going. Some times of the year, Ft Lauderdale can be very expensive, and "reasonable" can be really tough to comply with.

Hi all-my hubby and I are first time cruisers..we are considering flying down the day before embarking. Any suggestions on reasonable hotels for 1 nite stay?!? Any suggestions will be appreciated...thank u!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There are several questions/discussions about hotels in the Florida departures section on the main page. We are staying at the quality inn airport and have never stayed there before. The reviews are ok. We are going in 3 weeks and the rates are very high at this time of the year. We got a good price several months ago.

We always stay at the Super 8 in Dani Beach. Nothing fancy, basic Super 8 room but for one night's stay, rather save the money and spend it on the cruise. A real plus for us is that they shuttle you from FLL to the motel and will shuttle you to your ship the next morning. There is also several restaurants within easy walking distance.

As for considering flying in the day before...Do It. Have read about and heard to many horror stories about people who missed the boat due to delayed or canceled flights. The cost of a motel room is well worth it to save the worry.

As usual CruiserBruce has given you excellent advice.

I just want to add that it is very wise of you to fly in a day before your cruise because if you fly in the day of your cruise there is greater risk that a canceled or delayed flight could cause you to miss the ship.

Keith

Hyatt Place or Embassy Suites on 17th. I nearly always hotwire our hotel (use betterbidding.com to narrow your possibilities).

This time we got Extended Stay on 17th--it gets good reviews. But it was $220 on hotwire! (yep, that was cheap!)

Last year we stayed at a Hampton Inn that was very reasonable and offered shuttle service to the port for free..one way only, but our driver gave us his number and we called him upon our return. Everything worked perfect. I did tip him well, but still saved me a lot! Good luck

Hotels in the area can be very pricey. I try to use hotel loyalty points or specials whenever I can. Check reviews for hotels on Tripadvisor. there will always be a few horrible ratings, but ignore those and look for patterns in the others. If several reviews mention a particular problem or a particular positive characteristic, I usually rely on that. I have always gotten as good or better than I expected.

We normally stay at either the Embassy Suites on 17th or the Hilton on 17th. The Embassy Suites can be expensive for what they offer. The hotel is older and it can be loud and busy. But it's so close to the Publix and other shopping so if that's what you want or need then it may be a good choice. If you're traveling with children then it may be a good choice for you.

The Hilton on 17th is nicer with more resort amenities.

We've also stayed at the Hampton Inn by Las Olas and the hotel was just fine. It's a bit of a walk to Las Olas Blvd, but if you want to get out and about then it's a good choice.

Of the 3, the Hampton Inn is the least expensive. But as others mentioned, FLL is expensive!

We always park at the Embassy Suites through Unitedairportparking.com, where it is only $4.75 per day with a free shuttle. We live in Orlando, and drive down the morning of, but this past one, I thought I'd look at hotels and see if I could find a cheap one. Even the Super 8 was well over $100!

17th St is a great location, super close to the port, and lots of restaurants and stores close by. If budget allows, the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 is lovely, with beautiful views of the port and the ships. If you must watch your pennies like most of us must, go for the least expensive with free parking and a shuttle, because you'll only be there one night.