Large beer? Or just a small one?

SS4424

There are plenty of threads about drinks packages, and plenty of other websites listing individual drinks prices. But can someone please tell what size my US$6 beer on Princess will be? I can see can sizes listed for (aluminium can) Budweiser. But I prefer a different tipple.

Thank you.

I'm not sure it will matter to you, but on Caribbean Princess several years ago I finally located one beer tap, up by the midships Lido pool, and it had Stella Artois. Their selection of bottled beer extended ast Budweiser, though. I don't remember prices (too long ago to be relevant) but nothing shocking.

There are plenty of threads about drinks packages, and plenty of other websites listing individual drinks prices. But can someone please tell what size my US$6 beer on Princess will be? I can see can sizes listed for (aluminium can) Budweiser. But I prefer a different tipple.

Thank you.

Haven't used Princess since 2015, but recall the following beers being available, in addition to the usual selection of yellow fizzy water - Bass Ale (bottles 12 oz), Guinness (Draft flow can) and I recall Bodingtons (normal can - available on some ships).

In Alaska, I recall having some selections from Alaska Brewing in Juneau, also available. Alaska Brewing use 12 oz bottles.

Have not seen any beer that I would drink available on tap aboard Princess Ships, so can't comment on the size, but my guess would be 14 - 16 oz.

Two different answers.

you will not be getting pints from the tap if that is what you are asking.

That is indeed what I was wondering. I'm hoping the Stella or Heineken or Guiness perhaps might be draught. I just can't find any details.

Most bottles are standard 12 oz. Draft beer is probably 16 oz. I prefer bottles, tho.
I'm hoping for draught / draft. If that is unavailable, and it was only available in 12oz bottles, then that makes the Drinks Package look more appealing.

Two different answers.

That is indeed what I was wondering. I'm hoping the Stella or Heineken or Guiness perhaps might be draught. I just can't find any details.

I'm hoping for draught / draft. If that is unavailable, and it was only available in 12oz bottles, then that makes the Drinks Package look more appealing.

You will not find Guinness on tap - only the normal draft flow cans.

Two different answers.

We have never found draught Guinness on any cruise ship. On some cruises we have seen Stella or Heineken on tap, but that is rare since a majority of cruise lines do not feature draught beer...but tend to rely on cans and bottles. Many years ago, while cruising on HAL's Prinsendam a few of us (including a real Irishman) got annoyed because they only had Guinness in bottles. Since we were all friends of the Beverage Manager we "demanded" he at least give us cans with the widget. At our next port the beverage manager actually purchased a few cases of the cans....which quickly disappeared :).

One problem we have in the USA is that our Guinness is brewed in Canada. By the time the kegs get shipped down to the States and in our bars it is already a bit aged. Guinness recently (last month) opened their first USA brewery near Baltimore....but they do not have plans to brew their Stout at that location :(.

Hank

One problem we have in the USA is that our Guinness is brewed in Canada. By the time the kegs get shipped down to the States and in our bars it is already a bit aged. Guinness recently (last month) opened their first USA brewery near Baltimore....but they do not have plans to brew their Stout at that location :(
Guinness Draught Stout (in the can) (as opposed to Extra Stout) is brewed in Ireland for the US market. I have an empty can next to me. :)

One problem we have in the USA is that our Guinness is brewed in Canada. By the time the kegs get shipped down to the States and in our bars it is already a bit aged. Guinness recently (last month) opened their first USA brewery near Baltimore....but they do not have plans to brew their Stout at that location :(.

Hank

Hank - the Guinness we get in bottles is brewed in Canada, but I'm presently enjoying a draught flow can that clearly states brewed in Ireland.

Two different answers.

the liquid gold that is Guinness is cans only. then you go and ruin my opinion of your taste in beer by mentioning the skunk pee that is Heinekin( bottles only) ;p honestly never seen Stella ( but haven't looked that hard)