My Time vs. Late Seating

Sascol

We are booked on the Reflection for later this year. We've selected late seating for dinner. We are now trying to decide if we want to stick with that or mix it up a bit and do my time dining. Is this a decision we need to make in advance of the trip or can we just choose to do my time dining on the evenings we do not want to stick to our assigned time? Many thanks.

You will have assigned seats at late seating. They may or may not be able to accommodate you in Select (anytime) seating. Select is usually completely booked so accommodating guests from Traditional dining, or Blu & Luminae isn’t always possible and can result in those who chose Select for the entire cruise to encounter waits to be seated.

No. You can't pick and choose your dining times unless you have selected Select (anytime) dining. You can't do Traditional on only some nights.

Well, actually you can, but that would mean going to either the buffet or a specialty dining room instead of the MDR.

No. You can't pick and choose your dining times unless you have selected Select (anytime) dining. You can't do Traditional on only some nights.

Well, actually you can, but that would mean going to either the buffet or a specialty dining room instead of the MDR.

Agree.

If you are not sure about the late seating, then Select (anytime) is your best option. You can alter your dining time or not to suit your fancy. If you decide to go that direction, I agree with others who suggest you book that preference ahead of time.

BTW, our last cruise we had select dining but ended up having dinner at about the same time every evening at the same table and with the same wait staff. We got to know several folks at tables around us who were doing the same thing.

we found the late seating was good for us - it allowed us to go to a bar at 6pm and have a drink or 2, then see the show at 7pm and then on to dinner at 8:30pm

Agree, late seating allows us to grab a bite after returning from shore without worrying about ruining dinner. Also, at least for us, works better with show schedule. Show 7-8 / dinner at 8:30 vs dinner at 6 / show at 9.

We have had the last 2 times and will again in August anytime dining. Early seating was not available. We just go online and make 6pm reservation for each night. This way we get the best of both worlds. If we realy like the table and the servers we can request them nightly. And if we have a change in plans we can cancel or change the reservation.

I Agree with the prior post that it would not be right to have assigned seating and then go to the MDR for different times. That is not fair to those with anytime as there only option. It is not like they can go and sit at your assigned table.

I choose Select dining as Early is too early and Late is too late.

We can also go at a time that is suitable, so if we are late back from an excursion, we are not keeping other table companions waiting to be served ( the waiters usually wait until the table are all seated before taking orders)

I would contact your TA and ask to be put on a Wait list for Select, as it is very popular and asking when you get on board could be too late.