Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:38 AM.
Big Valley, Ca
183 Posts
Joined Nov 2003
For 2 day's I've searched to answer to this question.
My wife and I got the Sip and Sail package which states-I believe- to paraphrase, that both adults over 21 must participate in the special ( we are both on the right side of 21, X3 to be exact when we go on our cruise.) This allows us Sodas, Teas, Coffees, Bottled water, some snacks, 20% off on purchased wine and 15 alcoholic drinks per day from 6A-whenever
The question I have is---15 drinks a day is for the both of us total each day or is it 15 drinks each for of us a day?
Columbus,Ohio
1,833 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Originally posted by RocHed11

My wife and I got the Sip and Sail package which states-I believe- to paraphrase, that both adults over 21 must participate in the special ( we are both on the right side of 21, X3 to be exact when we go on our cruise.) This allows us Sodas, Teas, Coffees, Bottled water, some snacks, 20% off on purchased wine and 15 alcoholic drinks per day from 6A-whenever

The question I have is---15 drinks a day is for the both of us total each day or is it 15 drinks each for of us a day?

Since you both have the package it’s 15 drinks/per day/per person which includes coffees, water, and alcoholic drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

13,592 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by mllewis48
Since you both have the package it’s 15 drinks/per day/per person which includes coffees, water, and alcoholic drinks.

Sorry, but no. The 15 drinks per day applies only to alcohol. The coffee and water is unlimited. This from Princess web site:
Terms and Conditions
  • Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices.
  • Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation nor do they count toward this maximum.
  • Only one beverage is allowed per passenger per order (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).
  • Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16 .00 AUD price are charged at full menu price.
  • Packages may NOT be shared, are NON-transferable and NON-refundable.
  • Shipboard management reserves the right to add additional restrictions and revoke or cancel the Premier Beverage Package at any point during a guest’s voyage for any reason with or without a prorated refund. Additional actions may be taken if guests:
    • Become intoxicated
    • Provide beverages to other guests or do NOT comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package
    • Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate, a safety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to other cruise guests or staff
    • Exceed, or attempt to circumvent, the daily limits and service limitations outlined
Columbus,Ohio
1,833 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Originally posted by moki'smommy
Sorry, but no. The 15 drinks per day applies only to alcohol. The coffee and water is unlimited. This from Princess web site:

Terms and Conditions
  • Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices.
  • Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation nor do they count toward this maximum.
  • Only one beverage is allowed per passenger per order (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).
  • Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16 .00 AUD price are charged at full menu price.
  • Packages may NOT be shared, are NON-transferable and NON-refundable.
  • Shipboard management reserves the right to add additional restrictions and revoke or cancel the Premier Beverage Package at any point during a guest’s voyage for any reason with or without a prorated refund. Additional actions may be taken if guests:
    • Become intoxicated
    • Provide beverages to other guests or do NOT comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package
    • Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate, a safety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to other cruise guests or staff
    • Exceed, or attempt to circumvent, the daily limits and service limitations outlined

Interesting our last Princess cruise included coffee and water in the daily package, Christmas 2017 as I had to show my card?

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

chatsworth, ca
2,615 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
I've gotten the sip and sale on my next 2 cruises and thought the 15 drinks was a high amount
I mostly drink wine or a cocktail before dinner
is 15 drinks really not that much in a day?
13,592 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by lois1112
I've gotten the sip and sale on my next 2 cruises and thought the 15 drinks was a high amount
I mostly drink wine or a cocktail before dinner
is 15 drinks really not that much in a day?
It depends on who you are. I've seen people post here showing how they can do 15, or close to that, in a day. On the other hand, I wouldn't go thru 15 in a week so the package would not be a good value for me.
Lihue HI & Calimesa CA
6,193 Posts
Joined May 2013
It depends on who you are. I've seen people post here showing how they can do 15, or close to that, in a day. On the other hand, I wouldn't go thru 15 in a week so the package would not be a good value for me.
For me, it would be 15 in a month.
chatsworth, ca
2,615 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
for me it was "free" with the cruise so a good deal
I might use the coffee part too for a specialty coffee a couple times, but I don't drink soda either
my bar bill on my last 15 day cruise was $300 and that only because I bought some champagne to celebrate an event
League City, TX
41,839 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Note that the sodas must be from a soda gun. Canned sodas are not included except possibly for root beer which is not available from a soda gun..
pa
8,202 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
No snacks or other food items. 25% on bottled wine. If you read here you will get all the details.
https://www.princess.com/learn/cruis...delights-wine/
Remember the package is per individual.
Geneva, IL
476 Posts
Joined May 2004
Does anyone know if they offer sales at any time prior to the cruise? We are sailing in November. And once onboard, is it any cheaper to buy then?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Tropicale - MX Riviera 1985
Costa Greek Islands - 1999
Radiance of the Seas - Eastern Carib 11-2003
Radiance of the Seas - Hawaii to Ensenada 10/06/04
Star Princess - Eastern Caribbean 2/20/05
Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean 3/5/06
Vision of the Seas - Mexican Riviera 10/29/06
Grand Princess - Eastern Carib 3/24/07
Holland Zuiderdam - Eastern Carib 11/17/07
Carnival Triumph - Eastern Carib March 2008
Carnival Legend - Western Carib 3/15/09
NCL Sky - Bahamas 9/5/09
Carnival Spirit - Mexico 3/27/10
Carnival Miracle - S. Carib 1/22/11
Carnival Valor - S. Carib 2/24/13
Carnival Valor - S. Carib 2/16/14
Jewel of the Seas - S. Carib 2/28/15
Jewel of the Seas -S. Carib 2/28/16
Freedom of the Seas-W. Carib 2/26/17
Jewel of the Seas - S. Carib 2/25/18
Oakland, Ca, US
513 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
I have never seen a change in pricing pre cruise or on board. You must also buy it for the entire cruise not available for a portion of a cruise.
Alberta
97 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by mllewis48
Interesting our last Princess cruise included coffee and water in the daily package, Christmas 2017 as I had to show my card?

You have to show your card for coffee/specialty coffee and water so they know you've paid for the package. It does not count toward the 15 alcoholic beverages.

It can be pretty easy to have 15 drinks on a sea day.........
chatsworth, ca
2,615 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by sknight
No snacks or other food items. 25% on bottled wine. If you read here you will get all the details.
https://www.princess.com/learn/cruis...delights-wine/
Remember the package is per individual.
The Sip and Sail is the premier beverage package, I believe it includes bottled water and you get a discount (I think its 25% off a bottle of wine)
pa
8,202 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by lois1112
The Sip and Sail is the premier beverage package, I believe it includes bottled water and you get a discount (I think its 25% off a bottle of wine)
Yes, that is exactly what the referenced web page mentions.
13,832 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
The included bottled water is only the small bottle though. Not the big one.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
43 Completed Cruises so far - Princess Elite, RCI Diamond, Celebrity Elite, Cunard Platinum, Azamara Discoverer
Upcoming Cruises:
Left for 2018: Azamara Quest
& Emerald Princess
2019: Ruby Princess, Royal Princess & Jewel OTS
2020: Royal Princess, Celebrity Summit & 2 more TBD
Florida
1,789 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
and as far as I know, the PBP does NOT include bottles of water you get on the gangplank before getting off the ship - even the small ones...

of course I fully expect someone to verify or debunk this...
Oakland, Ca, US
513 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by voljeep
and as far as I know, the PBP does NOT include bottles of water you get on the gangplank before getting off the ship - even the small ones...

of course I fully expect someone to verify or debunk this...
Once they scan your card the small bottles are part of the package. If you choose to take a large one you will be charged (this just changed in the last year)