Which cabin type for people

We are looking to book a cruise for the Beginning of next year. It will be me, my husband and my mother in law. Which cabin would work for 3 adults?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

You need to let us know what itinerary/ship you are thinking about since there is many different cabins to choose from. My initial thought though since you said "Mother in Law" is two different cabins. :halo:

Will most likely be on either the Epic out of Port Canveral or the Getaway out of New Orleans. We are looking at the Carribean, Belize, Costa Mya

Either one of those ships are good choices. Good news is that you can get your MIL a single Studio cabin on either one of them. As far as a cabin goes for you two just look at NCL online do see what fits your budget. I seriously wouldn't suggest a cabin for the three of you. Just my two cents worth that you asked for.

Will most likely be on either the Epic out of Port Canveral or the Getaway out of New Orleans. We are looking at the Carribean, Belize, Costa Mya

Either ship balcony or mini-suite will be fine. It is the main bed (which can be split) and the sofa (no climbing up ladders to pullman bunk beds).

The Epic does not have an enclosed bathroom, so you draw a privacy curtain between the room and the toilet/shower which have translucent walls.

The Getaway has a proper bathroom.

Both ships, the mini-suites do not give you any more room space. The extra square footage is in the bathroom. It give you a large shower on the Getaway and a larger shower and/or bath tub on the Epic.

We are looking to book a cruise for the Beginning of next year. It will be me, my husband and my mother in law. Which cabin would work for 3 adults?

This depends more on what ship you are planning on taking as cabins do vary slightly depending on the ship. Most ships will handle 3 in a cabin if you do not plan on spending much time there. On our first cruise over 30 years ago we had my MIL with us and the ship was old with exceptionally small cabins. We still managed with the 3 of us. I would suggest you consider a mini suite. The one thing you do not want is an inside cabin, but that goes without saying. If you want to be truly comfortable of course the haven or a suite period would be the answer, but if budget is an issue stick with the mini suite. They are a tiny bit larger than basic balcony cabins.

Just read the ships you are considering; if you are thinking Epic, yes, a studio for mom in law would be the ideal situation. I often now, look back on our cruise with mom in law and wonder how we survived for a week? I guess it had to do with our first cruise and the fact that we were campers in a tent or trailers for years, plus mom in law lived in a mobile home park after she and her hubby retired. So close quarters were not new for us. Would I do it again? Oh heavens no!!!!!

If you go the Haven route, I would suggest an aft suite. You have a seperate bedroom and your ML gets the couch which is basically what she would be on in a 2 bedroom. The are 2 bathrooms in the Aft suite although one is small and it is cheaper than the 2 bedroom.