Pizza

jupie

We have never ordered a pizza onboard any of our Carnival cruises. The pizza reviews are great and we will try it on our upcoming Breeze cruise. Do they make custom pizza or is it only specific types? For instance, I love bacon mushroom with extra cheese on a thin crust, while my husband likes sausage pepper and onions. Will we be able to order those at the pizza place?

They have a selection that they make. I think they will do a custom order (unless the line is really long), provided they have the ingredients. They have only one crust -- thin, probably because it bakes faster.

Someone will come along and post that they taste like ketchup on cardboard. They do not. The Carnival pizza is made to order and very close to authentic Italian pizza. Those who prefer a thick pizza will try to tell you it is horrible. They just don't know any better. :-) It's all a matter of preference.

They will try to accommodate you in regard to custom pizza, as long as the line isn't a mile long and they have the toppings you want. I'm not sure, but I don't remember bacon being an option. The toppings offered are more traditional toppings. Enjoy! I sure do. :-)

Just got off the Miracle on Sunday. My son wanted the four cheese pizza with pepperoni. He tried ordering it a couple times, but they told him they couldn’t make it. The line wasn’t long either time he tried to order it. In fact, one time, he was the only person in line. Don’t know why they wouldn’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the Miracle on Sunday. My son wanted the four cheese pizza with pepperoni. He tried ordering it a couple times, but they told him they couldn’t make it. The line wasn’t long either time he tried to order it. In fact, one time, he was the only person in line. Don’t know why they wouldn’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do they have four different cheeses? I can't remember.

Quatro Formagio
Oh yeah, I remember now. Thanks. In that case I haven't a clue why they wouldn't make a four cheese/pepperoni for the other poster's son. I've never ordered a custom pizza, but I've certainly seen them make plenty of them.

Oh yeah, I remember now. Thanks. In that case I haven't a clue why they wouldn't make a four cheese/pepperoni for the other poster's son. I've never ordered a custom pizza, but I've certainly seen them make plenty of them.

I don't know why they didn't do it for the other poster but they've done it for me quite often on multiple ships whether there was a line or not. Yes, I will have to wait a little while but as long as I don't mind waiting they haven't minded making it for me.

We have never ordered a pizza onboard any of our Carnival cruises. The pizza reviews are great and we will try it on our upcoming Breeze cruise. Do they make custom pizza or is it only specific types? For instance, I love bacon mushroom with extra cheese on a thin crust, while my husband likes sausage pepper and onions. Will we be able to order those at the pizza place?

You’ll be able to get thin crust. The old menu had a sausage, onion, green pepper that was my favorite. They haven’t had it for a couple years now. They skimp on the cheese so you definitely have to ask for extra. Or order a Quattro which is their 5 cheese pizza.

It is very good pizza. The bigger ships will have some crazy lines depending on the time of day. Regardless, they will give you whatever you want. They generally try to make extra cheese/pepperoni for someone to grab. I had the Quatro with Prosciutto on it.

You’ll be able to get thin crust. The old menu had a sausage, onion, green pepper that was my favorite. They haven’t had it for a couple years now. They skimp on the cheese so you definitely have to ask for extra. Or order a Quattro which is their 5 cheese pizza.

Quattro = 4

Cinque = 5

It's not a good pizza at all.

I have read in other posts that if you gather other ingredients from the buffet they will add them to your pizza.

I usually go to the salad bar to get bacon bits, peppers and onions to add to a pizza.

I always ask the pizza chef if he/she will do a custom pizza for me as some won't do it.

jupie -iirc there is the deep dish pizza which has sausage, pepper and onion. And I thought the crust was the same as the regular pizza

...Those who prefer a thick pizza will try to tell you it is horrible. They just don't know any better....

Hey now, back home I love a good thick, greasy Detroit Style deep-dish, but will swear that the ship's crispy thin crust pizza is delicious! :cool:

Being from NYC, I am a bit nervous trying their pizza

We had a pizza during a trip to New York last year at Famous Amadeus. No frills place but, enjoyed the pizza. Carnival isn't that but, it is not as bad as some folks let on.

I usually go to the salad bar to get bacon bits, peppers and onions to add to a pizza.

I always ask the pizza chef if he/she will do a custom pizza for me as some won't do it.

jupie -iirc there is the deep dish pizza which has sausage, pepper and onion. And I thought the crust was the same as the regular pizza

When is the last time you saw one of those? I haven’t seen it in over 2 years since since they changed the menu. They called it pan. But yes the crust was the same.

On the Pride the Pizza Pirate pizza was thin crust in an Italian style - not heavy toppings, but still quite nice. My only complaint was the crust was a little undercooked (suspect they rush them due to lines) the the crust was more chewy than crispy.

I found Alfredo's on Princess better (sit-down restaurant), but for a walk-up counter on a cruise ship it was quite good.