Question Regarding Head Waiters/SECTION Head Waiters

It came up in my cruise review, it was my first time making this observation. We had a "Section Head Waiter" and we've never seen it before until this cruise on Anthem. Does anyone have more info on this? Is the head waiter still a position or have they started to do section head waiters instead? Fatima, our "Section" Head Waiter was fabulous. If this is the new trend with RCL, I fully support the idea because the section head waiter provides more direct attention to the tables assigned.

It sounds like a different name for essentially the same thing to me. Possibly the section waiter has more tables to look after. As long as I get my food correctly and on time it doesn't matter to me what their titles are:).

We have had a Section Head Waiter on every cruise we've been on. He/She may not have had the "Section" title but every head waiter we've had has been in charge of only a section of the dining room. I can't imagine only one person being in charge of the entire dining room.

We had a "Section Head Waiter" and we've never seen it before until this cruise on Anthem. Does anyone have more info on this?

It's all in their title. If you're having a dining issue, they can help resolve it. No mystery here.

Are those the waiters that are so bored they want to talk to you all the time .....keeping you from eating or having a private conversation?:confused::rolleyes:

Aggghr!!! Yes - we had such a waiter (I don't know his title). How do you get them to stop - preferably in a polite manner?

Aggghr!!! Yes - we had such a waiter (I don't know his title). How do you get them to stop - preferably in a polite manner?

"Yes, okay, nice chatting with you. Thank you" should get the point across.

I enjoy it when they come by and talk for a bit. To each their own I guess. I enjoy meeting all kinds of people. That’s the fun part of a cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Isn't that the maitre'd?;)

Depends on the ship. Smaller ships still have a maitre'd. Larger ships have other designations, like Dining Room Manager, Restaurant Operations Coordinator, etc.

We’ve had more contact with these head waiters than perhaps many as my O.h is veggie and the cheese in the vegetarian dishes isn’t veggie so there’s a note on our booking and the head waiters usually come and discuss options. Usually it involves them bringing us the menu for the next evening to see if there is something suitable or something that can be adapted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends on the ship. Smaller ships still have a maitre'd. Larger ships have other designations, like Dining Room Manager, Restaurant Operations Coordinator, etc.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.:D

Are those the waiters that are so bored they want to talk to you all the time .....keeping you from eating or having a private conversation?:confused::rolleyes:

She was actually very good with that. I even watched her gently approach us, waiting to make sure we didn't have a full mouth of food!