Hooked Restaurant on Symphony

kevinyork

No I'm not seeing Dining packages yet ....$53.90 for Chops....they are kidding right?!

I was only on one prior RCL sailing (Radiance in Alaska). I really loved Samba and Giovanni's table, but my meal wasn't great at Chops. Nothing I would spend $50/pp for, especially considering I am flipping the bill for a total of 6 people.

I waiting for some reviews before I figure out which specialty restaurant we will be hitting. I think Jamie's Italian and 150 Central Park are likely, depending what deals come down the line.

My teenage kids loved the Windjammer, so I'm sure we'll spend plenty of time there. Didn't like the MDR, but will try again with the new menu. I sure we will hit Johnny Rockets and Sorrento's quite a bit.

I was only on one prior RCL sailing (Radiance in Alaska). I really loved Samba and Giovanni's table, but my meal wasn't great at Chops. Nothing I would spend $50/pp for, especially considering I am flipping the bill for a total of 6 people.

I waiting for some reviews before I figure out which specialty restaurant we will be hitting. I think Jamie's Italian and 150 Central Park are likely, depending what deals come down the line.

My teenage kids loved the Windjammer, so I'm sure we'll spend plenty of time there. Didn't like the MDR, but will try again with the new menu. I sure we will hit Johnny Rockets and Sorrento's quite a bit.

Gosh. I cannot knock your dining choices but alas this just falls into the hands of Royal to reduce the MDR offerings to push more people into speciality dining. I’m guessing in 10 yrs there will be no free dining options and everything will be chargeable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are sailing in Dec. and have booked 4 Spec. Rest. already using my on board credit and $. We do not book the packages because we like to get the days and times we want and do not want the hassle of worrying about rushing for the times and dates on sailing day. For us we don't mind the extra cost and it works for us. We have been waiting to see "Hooked " on video but nothing yet. In fact we have looked at a lot already but no one is shooting the front the ship yet for some reason. The pricing on "Hooked" looks a little high to us for what they offer , so we want to look at it first. Also, the " Izumi" grill is very high at $45 P.P. Just want the other night to a local grill and did the same thing for $ 32 plus tip. Plus the times are 4 to 5:30 and 8 to 9:30 all nights which is odd ! Other than that we are looking forward to the ship ! Bob

Gosh. I cannot knock your dining choices but alas this just falls into the hands of Royal to reduce the MDR offerings to push more people into speciality dining. I’m guessing in 10 yrs there will be no free dining options and everything will be chargeable.

Not completely excluding the MDR yet, but we weren’t impressed on our last sailing 2 years ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Finally got to see a video of "Hooked" today . We are debating on weather it is worth $39 P.P. ! Looks nice but still up in the air !

I saw that video on another thread. It looked a bit bland but perhaps it’s not been completely finished. The menu just doesn’t inspire me enough to spend $39.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at my cruise planner and noticed there has been a significant change in the Hooked menu compared to the first version. "Version 3" has significantly pared down offerings but nothing "at market price".

Perhaps they were initially a bit over optimistic??

The upcharge plus additional fees they originally proposed was ridiculous.

I love seafood but will probably pass on Hooked. The cover charge does not include "premium shellfish" and the menu looks quite basic. I think I'll wait until I get back home to Charleston!

There is a new menu that is currently being used. The premium shellfish selections are gone. A couple of lobster dishes including a whole lobster are included.

Just off the Symphony “official maiden” this morning, dinner in Hooked was an experience, the food was excellent but the venue lacked finesse as it is basically like a mezzanine deck with the noise of the Solarium Bistro floating up! If you like seafood but don’t mind the noise it is excellent in my opinion. It was very busy the night we were in.

• 2 months later...
I love seafood but will probably pass on Hooked. The cover charge does not include "premium shellfish" and the menu looks quite basic. I think I'll wait until I get back home to Charleston!

Love seafood but thinking I'll be disappointed...same, will wait until returning to Boston!!

I love the menu. Wish Hooked would be included on other ships. Replace Sabor on Navigator, please.

No no... I love Sabor on Navigator, but I am okay with adding Hooked and getting rid of Izumi or Giovannis Table. ;)

No no... I love Sabor on Navigator, but I am okay with adding Hooked and getting rid of Izumi or Giovannis Table. ;)

UGH... Just realized this thread is really old, and I already responded with basically the same response. I should read the whole thread before responding.

Lol- I’m from MN, so I’m easily impressed by seafood. Shout out to Red Lobster!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh my. We just moved to Florida in August of 2015 from Colorado, where I spent my entire life and I loved Red Lobster as well.

Not any more. ;p