Did you lose your ring on the Rotterdam in March 2018?

If the person who found my Pandora bracelet on board the Oosterdam - spring 2015 what half as honest as the OP I might not have had to buy the exact bracelet as replacement (gifts from my family) at a cost of $300+.

Again, we have people trying to make the OP feel GUILTY for a kind but perhaps ill-considered gesture. Yet I’m the one who’s negative.

Right. I hope that when you are tested, you handle it perfectly and reflect on your options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I left a camera on a seat in show lounge, I reported it lost to the front desk within one hour The camera had a name address/telephone number sticker on it. Surely SOMEONE found and kept it. :) It could have easily been returned if the finder wished for that to happen I didn't all that much care about the camera but did care about the p;hotos I lost . The irony now is , I am tossing photos these days as they have no joy for me and no one would want them

Thank you, Kazu.

We left the Zuiderdam on Saturday, January 27th. I contacted HAL first thing Monday, the 29th. They promised a call within the week. When that didn’t happen, I called again the next week and left a message. When that message wasn’t answered, I called again a few days later. A very nice woman took my report, apologized for the lack of response from HAL, and said she would take over my case. She asked if I would prefer to be notified by call or email ... when they had anything to tell me. I said “call”. That call never came but I received an EMAIL a few weeks later, telling me nothing was turned in.

It won't bring back a sentimental piece, but if you had trip insurance, you can file a claim with with.

It won't bring back a sentimental piece, but if you had trip insurance, you can file a claim with with.

Sadly, this was a sentimental piece. It contained beads that a dear friend brought back from an overseas trip and then was handmade with the help of my sister and brother-in-law. This was a rather large piece, so it wasn't something that would have been missed by the stewards. Maybe they turned it in and someone else pocketed it. I'll never know.

Sorry to get a giggle at your expense, but this visual is way too funny. ;p It must have know it was an extra special necklace and it couldn't go on without you. (Almost like the Heart of the Ocean in Titanic)

Hey Trolley Girl, if we can't giggle when things go wrong, we're doomed! I like the comparison with the Heart of the Ocean necklace in Titanic. At least my "Jack" and I are safe! LOL

I'm sorry you did not get it back but at least you know someone did follow up and had it ben turned in, you would have had a chance of it being returned to you

Yes ...... and no. It took my badgering them to "follow up". Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't.

Again, we have people trying to make the OP feel GUILTY for a kind but perhaps ill-considered gesture. Yet I’m the one who’s negative.

Right. I hope that when you are tested, you handle it perfectly and reflect on your options.

No one was trying to make the OP feel guilty. Posters were simply suggesting an alternative. The only purpose for your comment, OTOH, was intended to make the other posters feel guilty. Hence, the negativity.

Fair enough, but when you (generic) tell someone they «*should have*» done something other than what they actually did, you (generic) are indicating that they did it wrong, and that you (generic) would have handled it better than they did.

That’s fine for complaint tactics, but for an altruistic gesture? A little harsh.

Fair enough, but when you (generic) tell someone they «*should have*» done something other than what they actually did, you (generic) are indicating that they did it wrong, and that you (generic) would have handled it better than they did.

That’s fine for complaint tactics, but for an altruistic gesture? A little harsh.

In conversation - especially in a chat room like this - there will be always be cases where a suggestion will be made that a thing could have been done differently -- or better.

Only a negative thinker would leap to the conclusion that saying something could have been handled better is "harsh".

Don't you realize that your response is itself a criticism: that you are saying that people who propose a better way of doing something are WRONG to do so? Shame on you!

Seems recently, there can be no thread or conversation here where there is no acrimony ab out one thing or another Maybe I am imagining it but i t seems there is always someone who doesn't like what other posters said and is quick to post THAT. Not fun Do CC'ers really like it that way? Anyone else notice it?

Edited by sail7seas

Seems recently, there can be no thread or conversation here where there is no acrimony ab out one thing or another Maybe I am imagining it but i t seems there is always someone who doesn't like what other posters said and is quick to post THAT. Not fun Do CC'ers really like it that way? Anyone else notice it?

Totally agree Sail I commented on this thread early on only as a suggestion to the OP but as you say some always seem to find the negative in everything. I find that negativism is not always a good thing in life and it seems, as you say, people are quick to judge! I try to gain advice from those in CC for future reference, thx for the insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, this was a sentimental piece. It contained beads that a dear friend brought back from an overseas trip and then was handmade with the help of my sister and brother-in-law. This was a rather large piece, so it wasn't something that would have been missed by the stewards. Maybe they turned it in and someone else pocketed it. I'll never know.

I’m so sorry. What a yucky feeling.

It doesn’t sound likely that you’ll get it back but don’t give up hope or quit trying. As odd as it sounds I get the best response from companies when I reach out via Twitter. The social media response team generally can get through to whatever department needs reaching where we can not just by emailing. I hope you get your piece back.

I’m so sorry. What a yucky feeling.

It doesn’t sound likely that you’ll get it back but don’t give up hope or quit trying. As odd as it sounds I get the best response from companies when I reach out via Twitter. The social media response team generally can get through to whatever department needs reaching where we can not just by emailing. I hope you get your piece back.

Thank you for the advice and kind words!

OP I personally think you did the correct thing...if someone wants that ring back bad enough they will search high and low...hence find their way to Criuse Critic...."Faith is the substance of things hoped for - the evidence of things not seen"...you have it for a reason! They will find you...Hope if I ever lose something you find it! Thanks for being a good doobie!

Seavoyage - I agree with you. And the OP did notify HAL so if the owner contacts HAL they will be directed to the OP. Now the owner of the ring has two ways to be reunited with the ring. I hope this has a good ending!!! Cherie

• 3 weeks later...

After finding no response to my various postings on the internet regarding the lost and found ring, I contacted HAL and received a message from a Special Advisor, Office of the President.

She suggested I mail the ring to Lost and Found but since I've never received any lost items from that department in the past, I decided to mail the ring to this person instead. I first requested that she contact each person who had the same cabin where the ring was found. She agreed.

Today I received an email stating: "Thank you for sending in the wedding ring which did belong to another guest, who left it in the safe. I sent her a picture and she confirmed it was hers. Please know you have made a person very happy in Manilla, IA." I am more than thrilled that this person made the extra effort of contacting previous residents of the cabin to reunite this special ring with its owner!

As for my lost luggage: Nothing was heard from anyone for ten days after our cruise. Then we had a phone call and a man said, "I have your suitcase!"

LOL It had been in the trunk of his car for the ten days while he visited relatives in Clearwater, FL. Now he was heading out to the airport to fly back home to Mississippi and realized he didn't have the right luggage. My son was able to drive the couple of hours each way to retrieve the bag and needless to say, this makes two happy endings!

Wow! I have followed this post and I am so happy that your thoughtfulness has paid off and the owner of the ring must be thrilled. Bless you for going out of your way to find the owner. I think you did the right thing from the get go:)

I forgot to say also that I prayed that the ring would find it's way home. I think I feel almost as happy as the owner that it is on the way home! Thanks for your post.