Does RCL ever offer free drinks in the US?

heatherbelle

here in the UK, we currently have a free drinks promo running. Is this ever offered on bookings made in the US. Whilst the cruise I am looking at is less on the UK sight with free drinks at the moment, I am aware that I can have price drops in the US up until final payment. I know it’s a gamble, but the cruise I am looking at is pretty empty and there are only 6 months to go. Trying to weigh up the options. It’s an 11 night cruise.

The free drinks package is a con if you watch the UK prices they go up between £300-£500 per person when a drinks promotion is on.

I absolutely agree, there may be a few winners with this promotion but most people who book in my opinion pay over the odds for the ‘free’ drinks package.

We love it though in the UK, my travel agent friend says it the busiest time for their bookings!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you use one of your 3 drinks in the dining room, or do all have to be taken in the Diamond Lounge ( Celebrity Elite but have taken 1 RCCL Cruise in 2001)

Using the drink vouchers in the dining room if not a fleetwide policy at this time. Works on some sailings and not others. However, you can use the vouchers at all bars.

You don't use the vouchers in the Diamond Lounge because complementary drinks are unlimited in the lounge.

here in the UK, we currently have a free drinks promo running. Is this ever offered on bookings made in the US. Whilst the cruise I am looking at is less on the UK sight with free drinks at the moment, I am aware that I can have price drops in the US up until final payment. I know it’s a gamble, but the cruise I am looking at is pretty empty and there are only 6 months to go. Trying to weigh up the options. It’s an 11 night cruise.

The only time I've seen a "free" drinks promo on US bookings was on some transatlantic cruises a few years ago. nothing recently.

As others have said dont believe in these promos ,keep an eye on the final price , just for your interest with the UK offer my cruise was over a 1000 euros more than i was quoted on Spanish site ,and we have refundable deposit or price drop .

For us here in the USA royal doesn't do anything FREE free just means more on the back end.

NOWHERE does anyone really offer anything for FREE. Someone pays.

They are a business. They are in the business to make money.

If you want lots of "free" things, try one of the luxury lines. But you will find that the cruise fare is around the same as RCI with paying for all the extras. :D

As others have said dont believe in these promos ,keep an eye on the final price , just for your interest with the UK offer my cruise was over a 1000 euros more than i was quoted on Spanish site ,and we have refundable deposit or price drop .

Do you have to supply a Spanish address to book there?

Thanks for that, it amazes me that you can have price drops on the Spanish site yet if you book with the UK you cannot so much for the Euro Zone!

US price and UK site are the same. The Spanish site is £200 cheaper.

I am looking at an 11 night cruise, so for two at the moment the UK site would be the best. Although there would be no price drops potentially. The ship is pretty empty, so I guess I have to out how much 11 nights drinks will cost and factor that in for a realistic price drop.

The sailing is 15/4 on Serande.

I am looking at an 11 night cruise, so for two at the moment the UK site would be the best. Although there would be no price drops potentially. The ship is pretty empty, so I guess I have to out how much 11 nights drinks will cost and factor that in for a realistic price drop.

My cruise now has gone up on Spanish site , now its 3790 and i am paying 3390 ,not sure if all cruises go up and down like this , i do remember when i originally booked online i think it said they held cabin for 3 days but then when i phoned they offered me cabin in better position and said that i had 15 days to pay deposit ,

Just had a look on the UK site, they are only offering second half price nothing about drinks package. Are you booking through a TA. I get £2792 for balcony cabin.

Just checked again, its is all inclusive. Didn't press the correct drop down.

Edited by Redrobo

Nope.

Unless you count the free soda package that comes with every Boardwalk Balcony cabin. ;) :D

Also the free welcoming glass of sparkling wine, free drink at the Captains meeting, the free sparkling wine at the art auctions, and the the free scotch at the stores sales events.

I absolutely agree, there may be a few winners with this promotion but most people who book in my opinion pay over the odds for the ‘free’ drinks package.

We love it though in the UK, my travel agent friend says it the busiest time for their bookings!

Well i have a non refundable booking for Harmony in January booked with my USA TA, same boardwalk cabin now booked In Uk with all inc drinks package is just £300 more- that is so much cheaper-wish I was not on non refundable - For once the UK prices when you take onto account the drinks package is cheaper - how come Royal Caribbean can treat US customers worst than UK customers- Equality for all!!

Edited by kenzie

Well i have a non refundable booking for Harmony in January booked with my USA TA, same boardwalk cabin now booked In Uk with all inc drinks package is just £300 more- that is so much cheaper-wish I was not on non refundable - For once the UK prices when you take onto account the drinks package is cheaper - how come Royal Caribbean can treat US customers worst than UK customers- Equality for all!!

I think you may have misunderstood the point I was trying to make.

The majority of UK cruisers lose badly with the promotion and yet due to how the promotion is marketed it generates many new bookings.

US customers generally speaking are not missing out here.