quiet spot for lunch on boarding day -- on Millennium

travelingla

We usually find a quieter location than the buffet to eat our lunch on boarding day. Wondering what options are available on the Millennium? Main Dining is fine but some ships have other 'secrets' that a lot of passengers do not know about.

Any suggestions other than Main Dining room and Buffet?

Thanks!

Try the Sushi on 5. I think it costs $20 now but it has lots of options beyond sushi and it’s quiet. It does cost, hopefully someone will update this thread on the actual cost. The price includes pretty much as much as you wish to eat, and non-alcoholic drinks.

Den

We usually find a quieter location than the buffet to eat our lunch on boarding day. Wondering what options are available on the Millennium? Main Dining is fine but some ships have other 'secrets' that a lot of passengers do not know about.

Any suggestions other than Main Dining room and Buffet?

Thanks!

Main Dining Room is not available on embarkation day unless you are in a Concierge only cabin.

The only other spot would be the grill by the pool and Aqua Spa cafe.

Try the Sushi on 5. I think it costs $20 now but it has lots of options beyond sushi and it’s quiet. It does cost, hopefully someone will update this thread on the actual cost. The price includes pretty much as much as you wish to eat, and non-alcoholic drinks.

Den

Are you (or anyone reading this) sure that Sushi on 5 is open for lunch on embarkation day? I didn't think this was the case.

Are you (or anyone reading this) sure that Sushi on 5 is open for lunch on embarkation day? I didn't think this was the case.

It was on Solstice in March as we ate there while waiting for staterooms to be opened. We ordered 3 appetizers to share as we were eating in Tuscan that night, so we paid ala carte not a flat fee.

It was on Solstice in March as we ate there while waiting for staterooms to be opened. We ordered 3 appetizers to share as we were eating in Tuscan that night, so we paid ala carte not a flat fee.

So. as well as a la carte, there is a flat fee as Denny suggested?

Good to know, thanks!

Do you know if either of the other M-class specialty restaurants (Qsine or Tuscan) are open for lunch on embarkation day?

As far as I know it is a la carte only. If you eat at Sushi on 5 as part of a specialty dining package, you get up to $35 worth covered under your package.

To add to that, it appears that one can buy specialty dining at Sushi on 5 for $20 on the cruise planner on the website. That must be what Denny was referring to. But that just gives you $20 credit toward the a la carte menu.

Good to know, thanks!

Do you know if either of the other M-class specialty restaurants (Qsine or Tuscan) are open for lunch on embarkation day?

Definitely not open. In fact, I've never seen a specialty restaurant open on any ship on embarkation day.

I have had lunch at Sushi on 5 on embarkation day on Solstice class ships, however it was not open on embarkation day for lunch on the Millennium on the March 4th sailing this year.

Definitely not open. In fact, I've never seen a specialty restaurant open on any ship on embarkation day.

Of course we are speaking of Celebrity here but I've been on plenty of other cruise lines who DO have specialty dining restaurants open at a reduced cost for embarkation day lunch -- trying to get folks to book a full price dinner later in the week, I suppose.

Of course we are speaking of Celebrity here but I've been on plenty of other cruise lines who DO have specialty dining restaurants open at a reduced cost for embarkation day lunch -- trying to get folks to book a full price dinner later in the week, I suppose.

Can only speak from our experience. Celebrity, Royal, NCL, Azamara, Oceania, HAL, Costa, Ponant.

Sushi on 5 is open but don't consider that a specialty neccessarily.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app