Navigator dry dock coming

Talked to diamond desk last night to inquire about cabin availability and pricing for a friend to join us on an upcoming cruise in February next year as I could no longer find the itinerary searching for it online for days. I was told everything was sold out and all was good to go..

Received a call this morning stating that they had decided back on Feb 27 to transfer everyone over to the Jewel. I specifically asked last night if this was going to be a dry dock situation as to my not being able to locate it, and was told no, not at all.. After a week you would think they would all be on the same page...

Not sure about the Jewel as it is older and smaller than the freedom... We have never been on that ship before.:confused:

Sorry, Royal is not good at tell customers that their cruise is canceled, and their people are not always informed. The Jewel is only 2 years older the Freedom. I personally prefer the Radiance class, over 200 nites done, 80 more already planned...

Sorry, that was a mistake in the title, my wife was confused when she got the call, it is actually the navigator who is going in to dry dock next winter.. Don't know how to change the title. It is confirmed though, our booking now lists us on the Jewel.

Sorry, that was a mistake in the title, my wife was confused when she got the call, it is actually the navigator who is going in to dry dock next winter.. Don't know how to change the title. It is confirmed though, our booking now lists us on the Jewel.

Changed the title, please let me know if it's OK now.

There were threads running last week about the Navigator dry dock schedule being extended, cruises cancelled.

We got an email last week from RCI giving us several options because our cruise was cancelled. One option was to switch our booking to the Jewel. We were given a time frame to make our decision. The transfer to the Jewel was not automatic. We decided to transfer to the Jewel. The price was significantly lower than our NOTS and they also offered an OBC because of the cancellation.

There were threads running last week about the Navigator dry dock schedule being extended, cruises cancelled.

We got an email last week from RCI giving us several options because our cruise was cancelled. One option was to switch our booking to the Jewel. We were given a time frame to make our decision. The transfer to the Jewel was not automatic. We decided to transfer to the Jewel. The price was significantly lower than our NOTS and they also offered an OBC because of the cancellation.

My guess, and only a guess is that we were not notified until yesterday is because we used a travel agent. He said they received an email yesterday morning...still crazy that I was told the night before, not to worry everything is still good to go on the Navigator. Guess I should ask to see if there is going to be a reduced fare and/or OBC offered for those who use a travel agent?:)

Here is a link to he thread I started. (at the moment it is back on page 18) Another cruiser posted the email that we received...it should not matter if you booked with an agent...you should still have been price protected and get the OBC. As noted...we booked a JS on NOTS and switched to a JS on JOTS...we realized a difference of $2,200 in price...

You can go online with RCI and do a fake booking to find out what price they are currently charging for your category...if it is different from what you were paying for NOTS...either you should be price protected or get the lower price.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2605385

So when exactly is the dry dock? We have a cruiser booked for March of next year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Drydock starts the beginning of Jan and was originally slated to be completed for the 2/1 cruise. They have now extended the drydock through the month of Feb.

How long will Navigator be overseas? The blog seemed to made a big deal of it, but I have a November 2019 cruise date. Will it return to the U.S. by then?

Yes, most TAs have the ships back into the Caribbean by Thanksgiving.

• 1 month later...

Curious. Where are the dry docks performed?

We are looking at the March 15 2019 sailing.

It looks like the first cruise out of dry dock is Feb 24th (5 night), then a March 1st (9 night), and at March 10th (5 night). Hopefully that is enough for the crew to get back in the swing of things before March 15th?

Dan

What's the difference between a concierge lounge and a suite lounge? I'd think they'd be the same thing, as suites are generally concierge level.

Biggest difference is the guests allowed:

CL: Guests in Grand Suites and better, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle C&A members

SL: Guests in Grand Suites and better, Pinnacle C&A members

Also, the SL on Oasis class ships offers free soda and selected beers and wines from 11am to 11pm.

Biggest difference is the guests allowed:

CL: Guests in Grand Suites and better, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle C&A members

SL: Guests in Grand Suites and better, Pinnacle C&A members

Also, the SL on Oasis class ships offers free soda and selected beers and wines from 11am to 11pm.

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

What type of changes are they doing? I was thinking about switching to the NOTS for the 3/15/19 sailing. my husband and I went on it in March 2017. Just curious as to what the changes will be or if it is just to freshen it up, so to say. Seems like I just saw mention of a Park Cafe, which is our FAVORITE lunch spot :)

Edited by Travelgirl2714

What type of changes are they doing? I was thinking about switching to the NOTS for the 3/15/19 sailing. my husband and I went on it in March 2017. Just curious as to what the changes will be or if it is just to freshen it up, so to say.

Probably slides, more staterooms, more specialty restaurants, swim diaper area.