Silhouette TA April 2019...disappeared

Gracie115

Anyone have any idea why the April 14, 2019 TA on the Silhouette has disappeared from the Celebrity Website.....last time this happened to me the ship had been chartered and we got bumped.....but never saw this happen on a TA before....??????:eek:

Still on Celebrity's UK site and a leading UK TA's site. I wouldn't panic, sounds like yet another Celebrity IT glitch

That's what I'm thinking too... it's such a "wonderful" website....not....:eek:

Celebrity does a lot of website maintenance on the weekends so I don’t get concerned when things disappear on the weekend. I had excursions I booked disappear, reservations disappear, etc. if it’s not back by Tuesday or Wed then I get concerned.

I checked some other sites and the TA is showing with a good number of cabins available.

Most likely Celebrity is taking some extra to raise fares.

I wonder how much higher they can go (paired with cutbacks) before there's a collapse in bookings. Celebrity has massively increased prices for ex UK prices this year on some cruises with fares of c£6000 per balcony cabin inc tips for a 2 week cruise to the Med or the Canaries and a classic drinks package and "free wifi" (we use our holidays as a digital detox so no value there for us and wife doesn't drink) at the moment. We won't book at those prices to go to UK seaside destinations and be served Irish Stew and Chicken Tikka Masala in the MDR, this is pub food. Shame, we love the ships. We are looking at Oceania at the moment which seems to offer much better value (cheaper in a some cases, but not all) and options on "included" items to meet your circumstances. We will look at Celebrity during the 90 day window but at the moment it looks like Celebrity has lost our business this year.

My somewhat limited experience with repositioning cruises that disappear from the website has been that the date and/or itinerary is being changed. Twice it’s been a change that worked to our advantage, and once it didn’t look very promising initially, but came right in the end. I hope yours reappears with no changes, or good changes.

Due to the confusion on drink prices and drink package pricing on cruises involving UK ports, Celebrity has likely decided pthat only Brits may book that cruise.

Hahaha !!! Yep, no problem here

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Apparently the ship will also do a 2 night Cruise from Southampton next year so maybe they are fiddling around with that!

I agree about Celebrity prices though - ouch!

Apparently the ship will also do a 2 night Cruise from Southampton next year so maybe they are fiddling around with that!

I agree about Celebrity prices though - ouch!

Not sure what you mean....the TA is followed by a 7 night Fjords cruise which we are also booked on....the 2 night cruise was this year...….

I was looking to do the 7 night Fjord cruise 27th April 2019 but the price for an outside or cheapest balcony is ridiculous. I don't want the free drinks particularly or the wi fi so I wonder if it's worth calling my TA to see if I can get them removed and a lower base price. I would be interested in a 2 night cruise as well but there is nothing on line yet about it.

alert.svg Alert

Notice: 03 June 2018

We are making updates to our reservations system on Sunday 3 June from 05:00am-17:00pm which means you will be unable to book your cruise online. We apologise for any inconvenience.

From Celebrity ‘s website. I don’t think there’s anything sinister going on. At least I hope not!

on celebrity website now, available for bookings, i see no problems in the sailing :D

Happy days

yeah...well...now NONE of the TA's are showing for next spring....so at least they are ALL screwed up and not just Silhouette...:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone checked the drydock schedule for the Silhouette? I know Royal and a TA slated for the Independence this past May and cancelled it because they needed the extra time in drydock and continued to work on the ship as they crossed the Atlantic. Strange things do happen.