UHHHHHHGGGGGG-Frustrated trying to decide what to do in Cozumel

octcruise10

Tough time believing this one as the drinking age in Mexico is puberty, or being able to reach the bar with money in your hand. I have never seen a bartender ID anyone in 30 + years going to Mexico

Not that she couldn't get a drink because of her age, but because they were too crowded ... which was my one complaint about Mr. Sanchos when we went. It was hard to get service. Otherwise, it was fun.

Just got back a couple of days ago... did la casa en la playa (house on the beach) it was great! You go to a house on a beach and you get lunch and all drinks included - was also able to snorkel and there is a pool and hammocks there too - cost $99 per person through carnival. We had a great time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was at Nachi Cocum last month. Max capacity is 130, there were maybe 80 people there and I only saw 3 little kids. Its quite and drinks/food were good. Great shaded loungers. Been to paradise beach and mr sanchos, lots of families at these locations.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Paradise Beach does have a huge advantage-you don't have to pay a resort fee-just pay for your drinks and food. It's a bargain with well maintained grounds, great fresh water pool, and great beach access and friendly "Cabana Boys". Reasonable prices too-I doubt I ever paid more than about $35 for about a 3-4 hour stay. I'll take that everyday over the many Day-pass resorts I've gone too across the Caribbean where you end up spending 2-3 times more

Thank you all for all of the suggestions. I am going to do some more research and decide soon. I did look at Cozumel Palace, LandMark (monkey Bar) and was thinking of booking a room prior to posting but neither have a good beach. I just thought that since we will be in port from 10am until 8pm it might be good idea to have somewhere to change or take a cat nap. Cozumel Palace is all inclusive but Landmark is not and neither have a great beach. After all the posts it looks like Nachi or Mr Sanchos would be our best bet. I am interested also in the Isla Pasion as well but not sure about the boat ride there. Any more info on these places will be a great help. Thanks.

Thank you all for all of the suggestions. I am going to do some more research and decide soon. I did look at Cozumel Palace, LandMark (monkey Bar) and was thinking of booking a room prior to posting but neither have a good beach. I just thought that since we will be in port from 10am until 8pm it might be good idea to have somewhere to change or take a cat nap. Cozumel Palace is all inclusive but Landmark is not and neither have a great beach. After all the posts it looks like Nachi or Mr Sanchos would be our best bet. I am interested also in the Isla Pasion as well but not sure about the boat ride there. Any more info on these places will be a great help. Thanks.

We have stayed at Cozumel Palace for a week before. It's nice, but very laid back. Nothing to do unless you want to lay out at the pool. There isn't a real beach. You have to go down some stairs to get into the water - it's very rocky. I liked it for a hotel, but we found ourselves waking up everyday and looking to see what ships were in port wishing we were on them. I still 100% recommend Mr Sanchos. If you are tired or want a nap, go back to the ship. Not a lot to do in the evenings anyway.

We have stayed at Cozumel Palace for a week before. It's nice, but very laid back. Nothing to do unless you want to lay out at the pool. There isn't a real beach. You have to go down some stairs to get into the water - it's very rocky. I liked it for a hotel, but we found ourselves waking up everyday and looking to see what ships were in port wishing we were on them. I still 100% recommend Mr Sanchos. If you are tired or want a nap, go back to the ship. Not a lot to do in the evenings anyway.

Thank you for the feed back. I was just reading a post on here NC vs Mr Sanchos and they were saying about tainted alcohol being served at NC so I am leaning towards Mr Sanchos. I had an episode in Nasuasu on the beach last year where I was served tainted alcohol and was so sick I do not want to risk that again.

Thank you for the feed back. I was just reading a post on here NC vs Mr Sanchos and they were saying about tainted alcohol being served at NC so I am leaning towards Mr Sanchos. I had an episode in Nasuasu on the beach last year where I was served tainted alcohol and was so sick I do not want to risk that again.

I hadn't heard that, but I can tell you that everyone including my mom that we brought to Mr Sanchos has had a great time. She was apprehensive about going to a place that wasn't right next to the ship but once I convinced her, it became her favorite place tied with Little French Key in Roatan. We purposefully book Westerns just to go to those two places.

Yes, they let more people in, but we have always had excellent service and there is something for everyone. Pools, beach, little shops if you want to buy anything. Even during Spring Break the kids weren't wild or anything and we didn't even notice them. We had our table in the front row to the beach and our loungers immediately ahead. My nieces and friend's kids did the Banana Boat. Since no one else was signed up, they gave them an extra long ride. All the motorized things are kept way down to one side, don't come by where you swim, and don't interfere with anything. They have as much or as little as you want to do. We LOVE it!

Nachi Cocum is great! We did this several years ago. However, we just returned from Cozumel and have found a new excursion that we loved! The Cozumel Pearl Farm. You can look them up on Trip Advisor. It was a perfect day and wonderful experience!

Nachi Cocum is great! We did this several years ago. However, we just returned from Cozumel and have found a new excursion that we loved! The Cozumel Pearl Farm. You can look them up on Trip Advisor. It was a perfect day and wonderful experience!

Did you have a long port day in order to do this excursion? Timing has always been my concern on a port day as oppose to land vacation. Did you have to take taxi to town first or did you dock at Langosta?

We have been to Isla Passion twice, both on ship excursions. One time was by "motor catamaran", which was essentially a large ferry boat. The other was by Twister boat, which was a high speed thrill ride leaving everyone soaked! (The ride back to the ship was not so fun for those who had over indulged in beverages!)

We loved the beach, food and drink at Isla Passion, but have switched to Nachi Cocum for our most recent visits to Cozumel. IMHO it's just as nice, but cheaper and much easier to get to!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you have a long port day in order to do this excursion? Timing has always been my concern on a port day as oppose to land vacation. Did you have to take taxi to town first or did you dock at Langosta?

Nachi is open from about 9:00 until about 5:00 and a taxi there from any of the 3 cruise ship piers will take about 15 minutes (fare for 4 sharing the cab will be about $17). If cabs are not waiting when you are ready to leave your waiter will call one (never had to wait more than 3 minutes).

Nachi is open from about 9:00 until about 5:00 and a taxi there from any of the 3 cruise ship piers will take about 15 minutes (fare for 4 sharing the cab will be about $17). If cabs are not waiting when you are ready to leave your waiter will call one (never had to wait more than 3 minutes).

Hi John!

The PP that I quoted went to the Pearl Farm at the extreme north of the island and you have to go by boat. As far as I know the boat leaves from the marina in town but maybe they have other pick ups now? Still too risky for me on a cruise ship day - will stick to when I am staying on land.

You'd think the booze would kill it. :)

You'd think the booze would kill it. :)

I am not sure what "tainted alcohol even is really but it wasn't good.

Some posts were saying someone roofied them but my experience was different.....I think? We were on Nasau beach getting those little ( and I mean little approx 2-3 sips) coconuts with mixed drinks in them and there were 3 of us. 2 teens first time drinkers and myself. We all had the same amount of drinks and myself and my daughter were fine...we made all the way back to the ship feeling "good" but not out of it. All of a sudden we were violently ill. Lets just say it wasn't a pretty site in our cabin. We could never understand why only 2 of us got so sick. I know I can hold my liquor better than a teenager. Once I started reading about tainted alcohol in the Caribbean and Mexico is when I realized that is what it must have been. Who knows??...... but I do not wish that on anyone it was an awful experience.

I am not sure what "tainted alcohol even is really but it wasn't good.

Some posts were saying someone roofied them but my experience was different.....I think? We were on Nasau beach getting those little ( and I mean little approx 2-3 sips) coconuts with mixed drinks in them and there were 3 of us. 2 teens first time drinkers and myself. We all had the same amount of drinks and myself and my daughter were fine...we made all the way back to the ship feeling "good" but not out of it. All of a sudden we were violently ill. Lets just say it wasn't a pretty site in our cabin. We could never understand why only 2 of us got so sick. I know I can hold my liquor better than a teenager. Once I started reading about tainted alcohol in the Caribbean and Mexico is when I realized that is what it must have been. Who knows??...... but I do not wish that on anyone it was an awful experience.

That's a shame. It could be the coconuts used for your drinks are the cause of illness and not the beverage itself. Pouring a liquid into even partially rotted fruit can be dangerous. The fruit flies will lay their eggs inside and the bacteria growth is rapid and produces a nasty toxin. I'm not an epidemiologist but I did stay at the Holiday Inn that includes cruise parking for the week.

Good memories from years back on a visit there. We rented a scooter and motored around the entire perimeter. Not on the same channel at all, as sitting on a beach somewhere sipping a delicious concoction. But a thing to consider, particularly if you've had enough just sitting the previous days. Oh, and we did find a shack with a view about halfway around, that served quite palatable margaritas.

• 1 month later...

Jenny B

I am strongly considering this on my January 2019 cruise

LA CASA EN LA PLAYA - ADULTS ONLY

Enjoy paradise while you relax at a luxurious house on the beach complete with all amenities including a chef, bartender and gracious host. Read more

$104.99 / Person

Port:Cozumel, Mexico

Duration:5 Hours

Activity Level: Moderate

We did this 3 years ago and it was wonderful but I believe they have changed the location and some of the reviews I have read were not very flattering.

I've been to Cozumel quite a bit and it was hard to decide what to do. I know some people stay on the ship and enjoy the peace, but I like to get off and do something in port (with the exception of Freeport enough said!!). I've done the beaches, bar hop, private tour, ruins, shopping,etc.

I decided to go with the food tour this time. Something different and since it starts a little later, I will let the rush get off the ship, go buy my vanilla for baking, come back and relax before my tour.