Are Deck 10 cabins noisy?

we had 1300 on deck 10 voyager last January. Quiet most of the time but one night there was a terrible racket at 4 am lasting for ages. Sounded like deck chairs being scraped along the deck, hoses being dropped and high pressure water cleaning. I think it was the crew cleaning up after a party.

My suggestion is to bring ear plugs just in case.

We had an OS on Grandeur, under Windjammer and next to bridge. It was very noisy - every morning we'd be woken by carts rolling above us as they set up in the Windjammer and every time anyone entered the bridge they would leave the door to slam.

Having said that the noisiest cabin we ever had was due to neighbours with noisy kids whose way of controlling them was to yell even louder, so you could get a noisy cabin anywhere on the ship.

As you can probably tell by the previous posts, it depends where you are on Deck 10 which determines how much if any noise you will hear. If you are under the WJ in the carpeted area, you will probably hear very little noise...under the tiled area where most of the serving areas are, much more noise(rolling carts at 5am, etc). I don't know what all this hallway noise is that another poster :rolleyes: mentions, but we have heard virtually no noise at all from the hallways in nearly 30 cruises. Hope your cruise is quiet and wonderful!!!:)

• 4 months later...
Brilliance of Sea GS - 1536...... tell me somethin good! Little concerned about noise. Usually book sleeping cabins above and below but not an option on this ship for a suite......

The deck planning site i check with lists that one as below the Lido deck and possible noise. Can't confirm first hand tho

4 times on Deck 10, 2 on a Voyager-class, 2 on Radiance class. We've had more problems from kids next door than Deck 11. I wouldn't sweat it.

After Indy, that's 5 on deck 10. 1st morning about 4 or 5 it sounded like they were rolling the big ball from Indiana Jones across the deck back and forth, but otherwise no problems.

Navigator in November... Deck 10.

I just think someone somewhere designing these ships figures they're going to have a tough time selling suites if noise is an issue.

Based on my experience, Radiance class ships are more prone to noise from deck 11 than Voyager and Freedom class ships.

We were in a JS on deck 10 on Brilliance this past fall, and it was a nightmare (literally). Apparently we were directly under the galley for Windjammer, and the noise, which included dropping large serving and/or cooking implements, was awful and woke us out of a sound sleep every night and early morning. If you do decide to book on deck 10 on a Radiance class ship, be extra aware of what part of the Windjammer might be above you.

Pat

There was some noise late at night that it lasted from 5-20 seconds. Like if they were moving the chair. But I'm so tired when I go to bed at night and so happy to be at deck 10 that I don't really care :-)

Had a JS on the Brilliance of the Seas on deck 10. It was very noisy for several hours throughout the night. Some from above but mostly from across the hall due to being next to a service door for the crew

Tom

Edited by tsconley19

Had a JS on the Brilliance of the Seas on deck 10. It was very noisy for several hours throughout the night. Some from above but mostly from across the hall due to being next to a service door for the crew

Tom

Tom, don't want to hijack this thread. But please check in on the roll call thread for 3/22. They want you to confirm your reservation with the group for the Cosol tour.