post cruise hotel in Ft. Lauderdale?

curlybelle2

Does anyone have suggestions for a pre/post cruise hotel stay in Ft. Lauderdale? I would like it on the water but it doesn’t have to be.

Thanks!

Hyatt Place on 10th, next to the Embassy Suites/Outback Steakhouse.

A few long blocks from the pier.

On the water, Marriott Harbor Beach.....$$$$$

The Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina is right on the ICW, with a great view of the port. The Renaissance has excellent water/port views from the upper floors -- and is right next door to a Starbucks -- but has very small rooms. If you want to stay on the beach, I'd recommend the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort or the Lago del Mar.

I just discovered this place... looking forward to staying at Lago Mar soon.

Following is copied from thier web site.

Welcome to a Ft Lauderdale beachfront resort that is decidedly, and purposefully, different. Understated, not loud. Gracious, not pretentious. Deferential, not presumptuous. In short, a sophisticated retreat where you can appreciate the enduring traditions of genuine hospitality. With its spectacular 500-foot private beach and secluded location encompassing 10 acres in the exclusive Harbor Beach neighborhood of Fort Lauderdale, Lago Mar Resort & Club invites you to discover one of the best vacation resorts to stay in the world.

I just discovered this place... looking forward to staying at Lago Mar soon.

Following is copied from thier web site.

Welcome to a Ft Lauderdale beachfront resort that is decidedly, and purposefully, different. Understated, not loud. Gracious, not pretentious. Deferential, not presumptuous. In short, a sophisticated retreat where you can appreciate the enduring traditions of genuine hospitality. With its spectacular 500-foot private beach and secluded location encompassing 10 acres in the exclusive Harbor Beach neighborhood of Fort Lauderdale, Lago Mar Resort & Club invites you to discover one of the best vacation resorts to stay in the world.

I did consider that place too. Looks great.

Does anyone have suggestions for a pre/post cruise hotel stay in Ft. Lauderdale? I would like it on the water but it doesn’t have to be.

Thanks!

Intercoastal = The Pillars

Direct beach access (on the beach) = Hilton Diplomat in Holywoid FL

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and input. We are looking for a clean hotel with nice pool area, with free breakfast for $200ish

I have been looking and the hotels are more expensive than I realized. :eek:

thanks again.

Then try the Renaissance or the Hyatt Place.

We were offered a deal for a cruise Nov 8 that we couldn't turn down but now our only problem is a hotel in FLL too. The hotels mentioned in the $200 range are $300-400+ because of a boat show :confused: So can anyone recommend something maybe a little further away but not too far by chance?

(Sorry to use your thread but didn't want to start a new one just in case you needed more hotel info too :)

We were offered a deal for a cruise Nov 8 that we couldn't turn down but now our only problem is a hotel in FLL too. The hotels mentioned in the $200 range are $300-400+ because of a boat show :confused: So can anyone recommend something maybe a little further away but not too far by chance?

(Sorry to use your thread but didn't want to start a new one just in case you needed more hotel info too :)

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/rates/calendar.html?propertyID=321&rp=RC:AAA123,,,&language=en_US&arrivalDate=2015-11-07&departureDate=2015-11-08&numberOfRooms=1&IM=LPCWC_C266_NADALLABOUTYOU_321_EN_O671_AAA123_BOOKNOW_AMER

Restaurants very near. Shopping Mall 10 minutes away.

Ask for a front (trees) view

Sorry missed the full link

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/search/results/detail.html?complexSearchField=Fort+Lauderdale%2C+Florida%2C+United+States&searchType=location&propertyIds=&arrivalDate=11%2F07%2F2015&departureDate=11%2F08%2F2015&numberOfRooms=1&numberOfAdults=2&numberOfChildren=0

Edited by PORT ROYAL

We are doing a 7 night cruise out of Miami on the Celebrity Reflection on Saturday, 28 Nov. 2015. We are flying in early (Friday the 27th) to FLL on Southwest, to enjoy the day before in Florida. We booked the Riptide Hotel in Hollywood, Fl. on the broadwalk for that night. Transportation to the Riptide from FLL is on us. Possibly a taxi, maybe a bus, if convenient. Riptide looks like fun with a tiki bar and entertainment right on the beach. We are using MJS Transportation for our round trip to the POM. ($15 pp each way.) Same as the return from the ship with MJS. They will pick us up at the port and take us to the FLL airport. From there, we will use the free airport transportation services of Rodeway Inn & Suites near the airport, but listed as Dania, FL. We have a day room there ($59.99 from 9 or 10AM - 6PM.) This fits our desire to stay in the sun a bit longer after out Reflection cruise, and the free shuttle gets us back to the airport for our 7pm flight home. We have not used these two hotels before, but I have done my homework with Tripadvisor and cruise critic and feel pretty confident this will pull together and allow us, 1) to save money flying into FLL instead of MIA, 2) give us a cost effective shuttle from our hotel to the POM and back to the airport, and 3) enjoy both a pre-cruise day at the beach and have a dayroom post-cruise to enjoy before our 7pm flight home. Hope this works well for us, AND gives some readers ideas for extending their cruises and satisfying their transportation difficulties. :) fflashh