Upgrade offer on the Conquest

rentayenta

Hi.

I just received an upgrade offer for cabin 1067 Balcony (don't know the letter/number), mid ship, on the Panorama deck for $62 total. Currently we have cabin 7418 8B Balcony, aft. Is this a good upgrade? I have no idea.

Thanks!

upgrades are free, but not a bad upsell. would put you above lido, which some like. right now you are half way between lido and all the stuff on deck 5, easy to run up and down to stuff where you are on deck 7.

but $62 isnt bad, you can price out the cabins and see if its a good choice, whats below it.

i like to be more aft, but thats me, no one can really say if money isnt important to you, if you like where you are at etc.

1067 is the cabin closest to the entrance to the water slide area on that deck. Could be lots of foot traffic going in and out of that area. But other than that, doesn't look too bad. Your current cabin has cabins above and below it and would be likely free of alot of noises.

Thank you all for the replies. I had some issues finding the deck plans but from what I found, it does not really appear to be an upgrade except for the higher deck. Its nearer the action but that could be lousy and I am a light sleeper. plus we do not mind walking. The balcony does not appear bigger. My guess is my TA wants me to upgrade so they can book my cabin.

I have only been on one real, non-3 day booze cruise, it was with Disney, we were aft and really enjoyed it.

Stay where we are at correct? They say upgrade but it really is an upsell isn't it?

yep, deck 7 is good, there are a lot of shows aft deck 5 and shopping is deck 5 (I like to shop and look), so to me being half way between lido and deck 5 is pretty good, i can run up or down two decks without waiting for the elevator.

your dinner will be deck 3 or 4, two more extra decks, or you can wait for the elevator, but to get to comedy shows and all the rest on deck 5 you about perfect to me already

Hi.

I just received an upgrade offer for cabin 1067 Balcony (don't know the letter/number), mid ship, on the Panorama deck for $62 total. Currently we have cabin 7418 8B Balcony, aft. Is this a good upgrade? I have no idea.

Thanks!

I received the same upsell email but mine was $67 we are currently booked aft.7439 and their offer will put me close to stairs and elevator the cons outweight the pros so i email back NO

I received the same upsell email but mine was $67 we are currently booked aft.7439 and their offer will put me close to stairs and elevator the cons outweight the pros so i email back NO

I agree. I'm not emailing back unless its industry protocol. :cool:

7439 is the one with the longer balcony? and the new cabin is the first cabin on that panarama deck? No not worth a dollar let alone 67.00

there is a deck party one night-- and it will be very loud there. THe cabin is in its own hall but that slamming of that door will drive you insane

7439 is the one with the longer balcony? and the new cabin is the first cabin on that panarama deck? No not worth a dollar let alone 67.00

there is a deck party one night-- and it will be very loud there. THe cabin is in its own hall but that slamming of that door will drive you insane

Thank you! That sounds horrible. My current cabin is 7418 but I do not think it has a longer balcony?

No, yours doesn't have the extended balcony. But, your cabin is in a nice location. You are in between two cabin floors, so it will be quiet. You are not that far from the aft elevators and stairs. So, it will be very easy to go up or down a couple of flights, as firefly333 said. During peak times that can be very nice. And, take what serene56 says into account as well. I have not been on the Conquest, but I do know the doors between the hallway and the exterior are constantly opening and closing and can be very loud.

If you like to be around the pool and bar areas, close to the Lido deck and the buffet, that might be a great upgrade. I might even consider it with a cabin further away from the door. However, I would probably stay with the cabin that you currently have. Just because of the convenience of going to the upper or lower decks and the traffic and noise factor. Below is a link to a site that flattens out the deck plans so you can see each deck all on one page. That might make it easier to visualize.

Apparently can post a link to their website. Look for a site called **********. Select Ships from the top menu, then Carnival and Conquest from the lists. There is an option for Deck Plan from there.

And, I guess it's a site CC checks for and blocks. Sorry mods....

Edited by jk04

• 2 weeks later...