What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

That is awesome, I’m waiting on my january bId for an h4 as well. Did you pay attention to the ratio, or number of h4’s booked, and how many total h4s there are during the process? Any experience you had with bidding is very helpful ( I’ve very actively watched this thread and made a nice bid, looking specifically for h4 answers!! Tyia, happy cruising

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There were no forward or aft Havens available for new bookings. That made sense to me since there are few rooms in those categories. There seemed to always be H4's available when I did mock bookings. Seemed to consistently range between 1 and 5 available. So, I assumed that there was a possibility that I could get an upgrade. Candidly, I assumed that someone from a forward would bid into an H4 and we would win the forward.

We placed bids and then increased/decreased once a week. We were at $1250 for the H4 and then moved up to $1260 and it was accepted 24 hours later. Surprised that it was accepted more than 30 days out. All of our bids were in the Poor range.

Happy to help!

I just got my bid accepted for the Getaway 11/26 cruise from deck 5 interior( last room in the front under the theater) to a deck 8 mid-ship balcony. I am a solo cruiser so I got it just at the lowest price of fair. Still cheaper than a solo interior Qty from any other line. My first balcony.

If you win any of the Haven bids, do you actually get all the perks that are included if you originally booked the cabin? I heard that you can not get the perks so I was just wondering.
No just what you had for your original cabin, but you get butler service, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Hi All! I am cruising on the 11/25 Escape cruise. I just had all of my interior (3), oceanview (1) rooms upgraded to mid-ship balconies, just now ( bid was "poor" $100pp/ea). And my Family Balcony room just got upgraded to Haven H7 (bid was "poor" $1500pp/ea). I'm a happy cruiser! Not going to tell my family members that I upgraded their cabins. Most are first-time cruisers expecting interior staterooms.

If you win any of the Haven bids, do you actually get all the perks that are included if you originally booked the cabin? I heard that you can not get the perks so I was just wondering.

You only get what came with your original booking, so if you had the beverage package and WiFi that is what you keep. You don’t get the other 2-3 perks (promos). You do get use of the haven and butler/concierge.

Hi All! I am cruising on the 11/25 Escape cruise. I just had all of my interior (3), oceanview (1) rooms upgraded to mid-ship balconies, just now ( bid was "poor" $100pp/ea). And my Family Balcony room just got upgraded to Haven H7 (bid was "poor" $1500pp/ea). I'm a happy cruiser! Not going to tell my family members that I upgraded their cabins. Most are first-time cruisers expecting interior staterooms.

Congrats. It’s fun surprising family. Last year the baggage guy wrecked our upgrade surprise when we checked our bags. Lol. He said ooooh Haven. I was peeved at the time.

Congrats! H7 is nice, though I prefer the aft suits for the large balcony. In any case you're in the Haven, enjoy!

Congratulations! I am on this cruise and have been waiting to hear something about my bids. I bid on all the havens but it's not looking good. I am still hoping.

I'm not sure what it is but 1000 of the 2500 cruisers will be on it. Next time I book, especially on NCL Pearl, I will definitely ask.

I looked it up and here is what I found. It is a cruise for people of color with themed evenings. Here is the website.

http://www.blackcruiseweek.com/grandsecr.html

Received email today from NCL. They accepted our bid of $105 pp to upgrade from inside to balcony on Getaway 11/27. The only issue is cabin is right near stairs and elevators which might be a little noisy but we had only paid $459 for inside .

We've been right by the stairs/elevator and have never had a noise problem. Now we often book rooms near these because then there isn't so much looooong narrow corridor walking.

I looked it up and here is what I found. It is a cruise for people of color with themed evenings. Here is the website.

http://www.blackcruiseweek.com/grandsecr.html

I asked NCL agents on 3-4 occasions about what group was on this cruise. They did not seem to know. When I had found out the main group. Some NCL agents even got on their cell phone to check. I sent a letter to Miami to fuss about it 2 months ago. Still no reply.

If you like partying. This must be great. "The biggest party at sea".

http://grownandsexycruise.com/ plus more at Atlas travel.

We've been right by the stairs/elevator and have never had a noise problem. Now we often book rooms near these because then there isn't so much looooong narrow corridor walking.
Yes, I get those rooms on purpose. Never had a problem. I do bring a small fan to cut down on noise, but I always use one at home anyway.

I asked NCL agents on 3-4 occasions about what group was on this cruise. They did not seem to know. When I had found out the main group. Some NCL agents even got on their cell phone to check. I sent a letter to Miami to fuss about it 2 months ago. Still no reply.

If you like partying. This must be great. "The biggest party at sea".

http://grownandsexycruise.com/ plus more at Atlas travel.

Besides that if they are advertising as grown and sexy and you've got kids, I wouldn't be happy. How do you explain what grown and sexy is to a 9 year old???

Besides that if they are advertising as grown and sexy and you've got kids, I wouldn't be happy. How do you explain what grown and sexy is to a 9 year old???

Sorry, off topic![emoji54]Didn't realize which thread I was on. I'm on a couple different ones and my cell doesn't show top of thread unless I really look!

HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY TO ALL WHO HAS SERVED OUR GREAT COUNTRY![emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

Sorry, off topic![emoji54]Didn't realize which thread I was on. I'm on a couple different ones and my cell doesn't show top of thread unless I really look!

HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY TO ALL WHO HAS SERVED OUR GREAT COUNTRY![emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

[emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

I was just going to say. I' completely lost with this thread😂

We have been upgraded from a spa balcony cabin to an H5 Courtyard Penthouse on the Breakaway Dec 3rd cruise. It's our first time in the Haven We really wanted the spa but wanted to be in the Haven more so took a chance and bid. Very excited!!!

Please share your bid or where you were on the bid range... please!!!