BOGO drinks or any other specials

bobbismith

BOGO is no longer guaranteed. There are reports that on some ships they are doing a late night BOGO but don't count on it happening. The only option for a "bottle" to the cabin is a 375 ml bottle from Room Service. Count on it costing about the same as a 750 ml bottle in the US. The selection is limited.

From Princess Room Service Menu

-------------------------------------------------------------

Champagne & Wines

Champagne Dom Perignon (France)

Item #2011

$205.85

Nicolas Feuillate (France)

Item #2154

$69.00

Veuve Clicquot (France)

Item #2016

$102.35

Sparkling

50th Anniversary Prosecco Villa Sandi (375ml)

Item #2410

$20.13

50th Anniversary Prosecco (750ml)

Item #2411

$40.25

Korbel, Brut (California)

Item #2015

$32.20

Martini & Rossi, Asti Spumante (Italy)

Item #2014

$32.20

Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Cider

Item #0527

$12.65

Reisling

Deinhard (Germany)

Item #2160

$32.20

Sauvignon Blanc

Blackstone (California)

Item #2018

$32.20

Domaine Mollet-Maudry Pouilly Fume (France)

Item #2017

$40.25

Nobilo (New Zealand)

Item #2019

$39.10

Puerto Viejo (Chile)

Item #2161

$30.35

Pinot Grigio

Estancia (California)

Item #2158

$36.80

Danzante (Le Venezie, Italy)

Item #2158

$36.80

Chardonnay

Robert Mondavi (375 ml Bottle)(California)

Item #2021

$18.40

Robert Mondavi Private Selection (California)

Item #2155

$36.80

Seigneurie de Tanlay Chablis (France)

Item #2022

$41.40

Simi (Russian River, California)

Item #2156

$48.30

Rose/Blush

Les Fumees Blanches Rose (France)

Item #2030

$34.50

Woodbridge (California)

Item #2111

$32.20

Pinot Noir

Estancia Pinnacles Ranches (Monterey, California)

Item #2159

$39.10

Wild Horse (California)

Item #2023

$46.00

Merlot

Hogue (Washington)

Item #2024

$33.35

Oberon (Napa Valley, California)

Item #2157

$46.00

Cabernet Sauvignon

Deakin Estate (Australia)

Item #2027

$36.80

Errazuriz (Chile)

Item #2026

$33.35

Pine Ridge (Napa Valley)

Item #2028

$90.85

Robert Mondavi (375ml) (California)

Item #2025

$18.40

Simi Landslide (Alexander Valley California)

Item #2153

$55.20

Shiraz

McPherson (SE Australia)

Item #2162

$39.10

Zinfandel

Seghesio (California)

Item #2029

$44.85

Sextant (Central Coast, California)

Item #2163

$39.10

Spirits

Cognac

Courvoisier VSOP 350ml bottle

Item #2345

$32.20

Bourbon

Jim Beam 375ml bottle

Item #2335

$17.25

Crown Royal 375ml bottle

Item #2333

$23.00

Jack Daniel's 375ml bottle

Item #2334

$27.60

====================

Scotch

Cutty Sark (375ml bottle)

Item #2341

$17.25

Johnnie Walker Red Label 375ml bottle

Item #2340

$25.30

====================

Vodka

Skyy 375ml bottle

Item #2353

$17.25

Absolut 375ml bottle

Item #2352

$20.70

====================

Rum

Bacardi White 375ml bottle

Item #2359

$17.25

Cruzan Coconut Rum 375ml bottle

Item #2360

$17.25

====================

Gin

Gordon's 375ml bottle

Item #2367

$17.25

Bombay Sapphire 375ml bottle

Item #2366

$23.00

not sure where you are shopping, but a bottle with a handle on it ( 1.75 L ) costs $ 29.99 all day long...:whiskey-glass:

Johnnie Walker Red Label 375ml bottle

Item #2340

$25.30

OK. If you say so I have no reason not to believe you. I don't shop for Johnny Walker Red. (Bleh!) Any "Scotch" that is only drinkable when mixed isn't on my radar. My last two cruises the Scotch I drank was Talisker 10. (At home it's usually Glenlivet 12.) For Bourbon I'll drink Bulleit. For a mixed (Irish whiskey) drink I'll drink Jameson and Coke or a Vanilla Latte with Jameson. The "Scotch" from room service is not really drinkable. On Emerald it was nice because they had the Whiskey Adventure in Wheelhouse and I could get Bulleit Rye. Normally I don't find that on Princess ships.

We just got back from a cruise on the Grand a couple of days ago. I was rather looking forward to the late night BOGO I read they reinstated on that ship. Well, it was just a short trial period and was no longer available by the time Sept rolled around.

There was, however, a BOGO special on wine (3 choices only ... one red, one white and one blush) during the evening shows in the Theater or Vista Lounge. I know the white was a Clos Du Bois Chardonnay, so not the worst possible choice. I don't know what kind the red / blush ones were. These were also only available on a trial period so not sure if you will see it again on the Grand or any other ship, for that matter.

There was a special on a bucket of beers (5 for the price of 4) available ... online or on the ship. Also, on cruises ten days and more, there are wine packages available that you can buy on the ship, but didn't see anyone pushing those so not sure if it they were doing it or not. I hear it is occasionally not available on some sailings even if it meets the # of days requirement.

We cruise later this fall so it will be interesting to see if there are any drink specials. I do miss the afternoon BOGO$1. We bring our own wine aboard usually one bottle/day so wine packages have little meaning. My main two drinks are Knob Creek on the rocks and Sapphire and tonic which luckily are offered.

The drink package PBP is great if you drink enough to make it worthwhile both in amount of drinks and ease. We have had the PBP or its predecessor thanks to the S'n'S sales and have two cruises coming up with the benefit if we don't change our booking for a cheaper one. The PBP is certainly convenient but is limited to 15 alcoholic drinks/day and max of $12 which covers almost all the drinks offered except expensive wines.

I hate the nickel and dime feeling one can get from cruising. I love Princess so, I am not looking to switch cruise lines.

We traditionally get the drink package because we pay up front and don't have to worry about it. When they did the BOGO for $1 the bars that did it were packed, crowded and it was difficult to order what you wanted. The bar tenders were always exhausted after it too, it got crazy in there. We avoided the crowds even when it was at our favorite bars.

The package was perfect at the previous price. Now, I'm not so sure. It's only $10 more, but it felt like a good deal before. Now, the higher likelihood of me reaching the price point daily on my own is more complicated. The water, sparkling water, coffee plus a few drinks sounds like it is easy enough to do, but then, if I'm paying one drink at a time, maybe I'd drink less?

How many sea days also makes a difference. Port intensive cruise, it's not worth it for us to get the package. Lots of sea days, more worthwhile to get. It also depends on what you drink. Beer only, package doesn't seem to be a good idea for us.

Our next few cruises that have the drink package included I won't worry about. Those that don't have it, I'm on the fence.

I hate the nickel and dime feeling one can get from cruising. I love Princess so, I am not looking to switch cruise lines.

We traditionally get the drink package because we pay up front and don't have to worry about it. When they did the BOGO for $1 the bars that did it were packed, crowded and it was difficult to order what you wanted. The bar tenders were always exhausted after it too, it got crazy in there. We avoided the crowds even when it was at our favorite bars.

The package was perfect at the previous price. Now, I'm not so sure. It's only $10 more, but it felt like a good deal before. Now, the higher likelihood of me reaching the price point daily on my own is more complicated. The water, sparkling water, coffee plus a few drinks sounds like it is easy enough to do, but then, if I'm paying one drink at a time, maybe I'd drink less?

How many sea days also makes a difference. Port intensive cruise, it's not worth it for us to get the package. Lots of sea days, more worthwhile to get. It also depends on what you drink. Beer only, package doesn't seem to be a good idea for us.

Our next few cruises that have the drink package included I won't worry about. Those that don't have it, I'm on the fence.

I see that I can order a bottle of wine or liquor from service. Have you done this?

Bobbi

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

I see that I can order a bottle of wine or liquor from service. Have you done this?

Bobbi

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

Room service is not included in the drink package.

I have not ordered from room service.

I have pre-purchased liquor before as well as water for the room. Regardless of the drink package, it's sometimes nice to have water always available.

You can purchase wine from Vines, a bar or the dining room and take it away with you.

If you have the package you can purchase it at a discount. It was awesome when it was 40% off. Now I think it's 20 or 25% off, and we don't buy bottles. I apologize for not recalling the discount, but it's no longer worthwhile so I don't pay attention to it. I still remember the days when Princess had one of the best wine selections at sea, at an amazing price, about the price of buying the bottle with corkage. Those were the days. Now, the wine you get with the drink package is just OK, but fine for a cruise.

I'm glad we aren't the only ones who feel this way about the BOGO. We always felt that, for us, it was a decent deal for wine and beer drinkers, but our martinis were almost always dreadfully made during the BOGO time. The bartenders were so horribly overworked and busy during that time that the quality of mixed drinks suffered badly and bore almost no resemblance to what they were supposed to taste like.

I'm glad we aren't the only ones who feel this way about the BOGO. We always felt that, for us, it was a decent deal for wine and beer drinkers, but our martinis were almost always dreadfully made during the BOGO time. The bartenders were so horribly overworked and busy during that time that the quality of mixed drinks suffered badly and bore almost no resemblance to what they were supposed to taste like.

I learned to arrive 15 minutes or so early and to order simple drinks such as gin and tonic or bourbon on the rocks. When I ordered the bourbon they would put both shots in the same glass making it simpler.

Under the new PBP you can buy bottles of wine at a 25% discount.

Good afternoon,

I have never traveled Princess and am debating the drink package. Any advice on drinks specials? BOGO for $1 or sending a bottle to the cabin?

Thanks, Bobbi

Don't forget that each person in your cabin is allowed to bring on one bottle of wine to have in the cabin.

We have struggled with the price of the Beverage Package since we booked, because it is a whopping $860 CAD each for our 10 day cruise and I don't think we can drink that much. We finally decided to bite the bullet and get it anyway so as not to think about what we are spending but I won't be taking a bottle on board. We are on the Plaza deck so will be stopping at Vines to pick up a glass for the room.