Allure is moving to Miami harmony sailing on Sunday's

Thanks Bob. I hope Molsonschooner does not fly into Miami to board Harmony. :o

At least not as bad as two ladies that were boarding the Oasis in January on our

sailing. They flew into Ft. Lauderdale to board, realized their mistake, then took a

taxi to PC at the tune of 500 bucks!! :eek:

I would have rented a car, but they perhaps did not have time to do that.

I should know better. We are on Harmony in August

I would love to see a Celebrity ship in Port Canaveral, it's just on the edge of drivability for us from Texas, Miami/FLL means $1000 extra in flight costs for us. Perhaps they'll send Equinox there.

Pretty much a done deal switching out Nassau for San Juan for OA out of PC now.

Not happy about both western AND eastern going to Labadee though. :( Losing out on St. Thomas

now also.

I really try to avoid itineraries with Labadee included. I don't like being "penned up" in the compound. On 8 night itineraries I view it as a trade off for an extra day but a 7 day eastern itinerary just won't cut it. I'd much rather be on St. Thomas than Labadee. But I guess RCI wants to milk as much money out of that place as they possibly can.

I wouldn't count on it. I like the two we have. I would like a Celebrity ship, though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

OK John, you can burst my hopeful balloon...as long as Celebrity is the third

ship. :hearteyes::hearteyes:

Still want to see a mid size ship here. And even better, a ship that does a longer itinerary,

instead of the same old..same old. :D RCI or Celebrity...bring it!!

Why yes, yes it is. That will be nice to have 2 private Islands, both with docks.

https://loyaltoyoualways.com/service/cococay/

Thanks for the link. I saw that one too, but sometimes the follow up does not happen. Coco Cay is of course leased from the Bahamian Government.

Which other private island? Are you talking about the leased point of land on the north coast of the country of Haiti?

Still want to see a mid size ship here. And even better, a ship that does a longer itinerary,

instead of the same old..same old. :D RCI or Celebrity...bring it!!

Totally agree!!! Something between Majesty & Oasis size would be perfect, going out of PC with a Southern Caribbean Itinerary. We are cruising the Carnival Magic this summer in a Spa Balcony for exactly that reason. But our preference would always be Royal, if they would bring another mid class in. Voyager class ... or even Anthem OTS... *wishful thinking*, I know...lol. ;p

Totally agree!!! Something between Majesty & Oasis size would be perfect, going out of PC with a Southern Caribbean Itinerary. We are cruising the Carnival Magic this summer in a Spa Balcony for exactly that reason. But our preference would always be Royal, if they would bring another mid class in. Voyager class ... or even Anthem OTS... *wishful thinking*, I know...lol. ;p

A few years ago we were elated that Explorer came to home port here in PC for the winter season. It was doing a nine night southern carib itinerary. We loved it!! Every sailing was booked. So, of course we thought "Hey, RCI is testing this market, and it's a hit!!". Then nothing. :(

Sure wish they would have a better memory for how popular that market was. :o

A few years ago we were elated that Explorer came to home port here in PC for the winter season. It was doing a nine night southern carib itinerary. We loved it!! Every sailing was booked. So, of course we thought "Hey, RCI is testing this market, and it's a hit!!". Then nothing. :(

Yes, I remember that, too! :D We considered booking then, but just couldn't make our schedules work at that particular time. We got all excited thinking for sure since they filled Explorer so quickly, that they would bring similar Southern Carib sailings in on a recurring basis. PC is always our preferred port of choice, but looks like we are going to be stuck with having to go to FLL or POM for anything other than MAJ or OASIS.

Yes, I remember that, too! :D We considered booking then, but just couldn't make our schedules work at that particular time. We got all excited thinking for sure since they filled Explorer so quickly, that they would bring similar Southern Carib sailings in on a recurring basis. PC is always our preferred port of choice, but looks like we are going to be stuck with having to go to FLL or POM for anything other than MAJ or OASIS.

Don't forget Tampa. I have a lot of cruises booked out of that port now. Sigh...but still want

to see a third ship and different itinerary out of PC here. Lots of room and opportunity at the new

terminal one now! :)

I saw that cruise and jumped right on it - did both the 5 night and 9 night B2B. Of course the most exciting thing on the 5 night was seeing the refurbishment shipyard in Freeport:eek:, but we had a lovely first visit to Bonaire. I would have thought they made money on those cruises.

Thom

I saw that cruise and jumped right on it - did both the 5 night and 9 night B2B. Of course the most exciting thing on the 5 night was seeing the refurbishment shipyard in Freeport:eek:, but we had a lovely first visit to Bonaire. I would have thought they made money on those cruises.

Thom

During that brief EX visit over the winter, all sailings were full up. With a full ship, I would

think it would have made money each time?

So FLL is down to 1 OA class ship?

Harmony Sunday from FLL

Symphony Saturday from Miami

Harmony Sunday from Miami

Oasis Sunday from Port Canaveral

Personal I wish there were 2 ships leaving on Saturday but I guess for most that are flying in the Sunday departures do work better. Kind of surprised about FLL down to 1 OA class ship though.

If they are making the new Miami terminal the crown jewel, then it make sense to have the newest ships there

So why did RCI invest so much in Port Everglades and Terminal 18 if thy are moving the ships to Miami? The Port of Miami will never be as convenient to get to from an airport as FLL and Port Everglades are to each other.

So why did RCI invest so much in Port Everglades and Terminal 18 if thy are moving the ships to Miami? The Port of Miami will never be as convenient to get to from an airport as FLL and Port Everglades are to each other.

Guessing they got better financial deal from PortMiami.