Allure is moving to Miami harmony sailing on Sunday's

PC cost 100 million dollars, Miami could be twice that much. I don't recall what PE cost, I doubt it was cheap. Plus, investing PR is a scary thought these days. ;) We have only sailed from SJ twice. Nordic Empress and Regal Princess.

Going there again for (I think the 5th time?) this January to board Jewel. Have not been there for quite awhile (flying in anyway). Since we take non stop Jet Blue from MCO, and land at Jet Blue's really nice new modern terminal...it's really a joy to do it now.

Actually easier than driving to Ft. Lauderdale for us. ;)

So, no one is speculating how Allure will get from PE to POM? One day customer free re positioning or a long one via the ABC islands?

Non-revenue reposition would be my guess.

My guess would be a delayed boarding/late departure. We had the same thing happen on the Enchantment a month ago- where boarding officially was 4 hours later than normal, as was the departure.

So offload passengers in PE, sail down to PoM, load up, and head to Nassau- it's close enough that the ship can get there pretty quickly, with just a boarding and departure delay.

Beautiful shot...as usual John! :) Also pre-terminal one!

Thanks, but I didn't take that. It's from the Tower's FB page. The new terminal would be to the right, and not quite finished yet. Didn't it open in January 2015? :confused:

Thanks, but I didn't take that. It's from the Tower's FB page. The new terminal would be to the right, and not quite finished yet. Didn't it open in January 2015? :confused:

Ah...kind of figured that...but I was still admiring your picture post shot and thanks for

sharing that! You are still King of the photo shots in my CC book! :) And you are right,

too far west in that shot to show the new terminal being built.

Nice to see X sitting there at terminal one. Here little girl, please make yourself at home,

we would happily welcome you here! :D

Being from the UK, this might be a silly question, but it would interest me,

Why don't the ships also visit the southern US states and ports, as well as a stop in Mexico to qualify for out of US cruise,

Eg, new Orleans, Texas ports, etc. That are based in florida

From what I understand its because the cities are too far away from the ocean. That is, the ship can get there, but it requires many hours "inside" the US. Thats why you only see Key West as a common stop - the ships can stop as theyre passing by.

And you think Miami can. On my Feb. 3 Navigator cruise, embarkation, the way it's presently situated, was a nightmare. Don't know about disembark as we self-assisted.

We had no problem at all... We are Platinum if the matters.

And you think Miami can. On my Feb. 3 Navigator cruise, embarkation, the way it's presently situated, was a nightmare. Don't know about disembark as we self-assisted.

They are building a new terminal, it will be a problem if it isn't finished on time

I just got off the Navigator yesterday in Miami. That terminal does not have any place for passengers checking in to sit down waiting to be called to board. You would have most of the 6000 passengers on the parking lot waiting to check in. I don't think any of the ships in Miami are the size of the Allure. I wonder where she would fit and what terminal would be able to check in 6,000 people with the ease of the terminal in Ft. Lauderdale?

I just got off the Navigator yesterday in Miami. That terminal does not have any place for passengers checking in to sit down waiting to be called to board. You would have most of the 6000 passengers on the parking lot waiting to check in. I don't think any of the ships in Miami are the size of the Allure. I wonder where she would fit and what terminal would be able to check in 6,000 people with the ease of the terminal in Ft. Lauderdale?

Royal is building a new Terminal A for Miami.

There is a new terminal being built in Miami to handle Harmony and Allure.

I agree, it's Symphony that's going to Miami.

Thanks Bob. I hope Molsonschooner does not fly into Miami to board Harmony. :o

At least not as bad as two ladies that were boarding the Oasis in January on our

sailing. They flew into Ft. Lauderdale to board, realized their mistake, then took a

taxi to PC at the tune of 500 bucks!! :eek:

I would have rented a car, but they perhaps did not have time to do that.

Thanks Bob. I hope Molsonschooner does not fly into Miami to board Harmony. :o

At least not as bad as two ladies that were boarding the Oasis in January on our

sailing. They flew into Ft. Lauderdale to board, realized their mistake, then took a

taxi to PC at the tune of 500 bucks!! :eek:

I would have rented a car, but they perhaps did not have time to do that.

Speaking of PC wonder if we will get another ship??