Deck 5 OceanView Cabins (OC) on the Crown Princess

GoBlueCruise

If your cabin on Deck 5 (Plaza) is along portside, the door leading directly to the International Cafe is open for passengers.

I was surprised that the door was kept open (closed late at night). I had 4 of the 6 interior cabins booked once. Most of the smaller ships (original grand/coral/etc) backs up to the International Cafe. Still a good location but not as private as the other ships.

• 4 months later...
Hey, Lovevacaydays....

We are looking at the RUBY. Is there any way that I can tell which of the Plaza Deck OV cabins are laid out with the bed against the wall, instead of under the window? Would a rep at Princess be able to tell me? Do you have any specific cabin numbers?

Thanks!!!

Essie's Mom says they're all under the window (she's the expert on bed location in OV).

Princess reps would have no idea, unless you find one that actually has been on a cruise ship (most have not).

Essie's Mom says they're all under the window (she's the expert on bed location in OV).

Princess reps would have no idea, unless you find one that actually has been on a cruise ship (most have not).

She may be the expert but I was in a cabin with the bed against the wall so there are a few of them. Not sure any cruiser has sailed in each and every cabin on a ship but maybe so.

I didn't know until I walked into the room so not sure if there would be any way to know prior to cruising.

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking that the OV cabins on Deck 8 will have the bed under the window, when pulldown berths are on the walls for additional passengers. The ones that are max (2) should be like the usual balcony layout, with the headboard on the side-wall.

Lovevacadays, I have determined a very un-obstructed Obstructed OV on deck 8 on the Ruby.

But, if you do know of any specific cabins on Deck 5, with the balcony type layout, I would love if you could find a way to give me the cabin number!

I am def. not seeing any other pictures or info that indicate the better layout.

• 1 month later...
Was in E415 last month and q bed was not under window. It was placed on the wall between cabins. Great view too for obstructed.

That's our cabin in February! I chose it hoping the view would be decent. I've been hoping we could get the bed set up away for the window so that we can walk up to the window. Good to know it's possible!! :p

Interestingly, I was just on the Star in an obstructed view cabin on Emerald deck. The bed was against the wall. A few doors down, there were cabins that had the beds under the window. I suspect those cabins were 3/4 person cabins but it surprised me that all of the obstructed view cabins weren’t the same.

I am looking at the Crown for 2019 and those Plaza deck OV cabins...so the port side has the door to the IC propped open most of the day? Is it closed on the starboard side?

We would need a quad and a double so interesting that the bed could be against the wall in the double.

I was surprised that the door was kept open (closed late at night). I had 4 of the 6 interior cabins booked once. Most of the smaller ships (original grand/coral/etc) backs up to the International Cafe. Still a good location but not as private as the other ships.

We were in OV cabins on the port side on Crown, and we were forward of the art gallery, elevators, and stairs. No extra foot traffic or noise. It was nice being close to the IC for my night time tea and little snack. :D

• 2 months later...

I've been in P244, inside just opposite those cabins and loved the location. I was on for a Canary Island plus transatlantic, 25 days or so and no issues. I'm not a heavy sleeper, if my phone rings when I'm asleep I can get it on the 2nd ring! :-)

To me, being close to the IC, coming back from port and no crowds getting to your cabin, very convenient. I'm on the Emerald soon, for 30 days and did not hesitate to book Plaza deck again!