Travel tote that can hook on your luggage handle

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/savvy-laptop-tote/88831?productid=1319528

Ebags has quite a few options - I don't have this bag but own other ebags products (and I've bought other brands from their site too) and find the quality quite good, and the prices very reasonable.

(I love B&R and Tumi but recognize they tend to be a higher price range you might not want - but you didn't give a budget, so... :D)

Vera Bradley has several in prints & solids, 3 different sizes. I got one at outlet store at 50% off & 10% military discount. Total cost was $28. I use it as my gym bag when I'm not traveling.

I really like this Lipault weekend tote:

http://www.ebags.com/product/lipault/19-weekend-tote/266541

It's very lightweight, foldable, has the feature so you can slip it over a suitcase handle, and holds a fair amount. (My only problem is not overpacking it so that it's not crazy heavy if I have to carry it....)

I think it is a good idea to check the size limits of the airline you are flying. Personal bags sizes can be vague and enforcement spotty but if know the policy you will have no surprises at the airport.

Here are a few:

Air Canada: 17 x 13 x 6″

American: 36 total inches (length + width + height)

Spirit: 16 x 14 x 12″

United: 17 x 10 x 9″

Lufthansa: 15 x 12 x 4″

Shak

I have an Eagle Creek bag that works well for me, is expandable, and fits easily under an airline seat. The back side of the bag has a special wide opening that fits over a luggage handle. The fit is secure and won't shift out of place as I maneuver my luggage through the airport. My Eagle Creek bag and 21 inch carry-on two wheeled suitcase have been all over the world. Whatever bag you choose, find one that works for you and is versatile for all types of travel.

A friend told me to check Ross, Marshalls, and Burlington. I know those stores have luggage, I am sure they have the type of bag you are looking for. I am looking for the same type of bag as well. I have even considered having a friend sew one for me. There are tons of patterns out there. I am not sure if it will be any less to sew one, but you sure do have more choice of patterns/colors. Good luck!

A friend told me to check Ross, Marshalls, and Burlington. I know those stores have luggage, I am sure they have the type of bag you are looking for. I am looking for the same type of bag as well. I have even considered having a friend sew one for me. There are tons of patterns out there. I am not sure if it will be any less to sew one, but you sure do have more choice of patterns/colors. Good luck!

I would think it would be a snap to sew a flap over the back of a Vera Bradley that would enable you to slide it over the handle of your rolling bag. The soft, quilted fabric weighs nothing and would take five minutes to cut and sew such a flap.

I just bought this bag yesterday at the outlets. Fits perfectly over the suitcase, is lightweight, and looks like it will hold a lot. Enjoy your cruise.http://www.verabradley.com/product/weekender-travel-bag/midnight-blues/1001684_178798.uts

Great bag.

Really like it. :)

I just bought this bag yesterday at the outlets. Fits perfectly over the suitcase, is lightweight, and looks like it will hold a lot. Enjoy your cruise.http://www.verabradley.com/product/weekender-travel-bag/midnight-blues/1001684_178798.uts

I also have that bag and it is perfect for a short trip or as a second bag on a long trip .

I've had loads of different ones over the years, and I finally found one I love. Not only does it have the sleeve to slide over luggage handles, it also has wheels in case you want to pull it by itself. It is lightweight, and holds a deceptively large amount of items. It has removable pouches inside, so you can adjust it to fit your needs. It has waterproof compartments. It's small enough to fit under the seat in front of you if you don't want to use the overhead compartment. I love this bag!!

Regarding the price, Amazon pricing fluctuates so much. I bought mine just a few months ago for $79. Link: Samsonite Wheeled Underseater.

41uezUh9D3L._SY445_.jpg

Nice bag but looks heavy

I was worried about that when I ordered it, but it isn't at all. Samsonite knows what they are doing in this field. I used this to travel to 6 different airports in 24 hours (ugh!), and it was a godsend. Best money I've ever spent on any luggage.