I just have to ask...

the2ofus

Does anyone else get that disgusting TripAdvisor pop-up at the top and bottom of your screen? I am so turned off by the filthy toilet and dirty bathroom pictures that I almost hate to open CruiseCritic. My pop-up blocker doesn't touch that one. The other ads that cycle with it are not objectionable but I don't see why we have to be subjected to that.

After the last virus attacked cruise critic I have been using my iPad to read the cc boards. I am the only one in our family that has managed to attract the viruses - and it has happened to me twice. The other time I was on realtor.com. So I don't use our pc anymore to read the boards - just in case. ;)

Anyway, I don't see all the ads. :) I do see some ads but haven't noticed the disgusting toilet lately.

Diane

I find that banner annoying as well. It seems I get it every time I first come on to cruisecritic. Hopefully it is bothersome to enough people that they will not click on it. If there are no clicks they will change it but not soon enough in my opinion.

Rochelle.

I bookmark the CC boards that I read individually, so I just click on each of those boards from my list of Favorites and never go to the main CC page. Just checked and yes the Trip Advisor banner is there. It's not a pop-up, just a banner, so I don't see how you could block it. Just don't go there.

Does anyone else get that disgusting TripAdvisor pop-up at the top and bottom of your screen? I am so turned off by the filthy toilet and dirty bathroom pictures that I almost hate to open CruiseCritic. My pop-up blocker doesn't touch that one. The other ads that cycle with it are not objectionable but I don't see why we have to be subjected to that.

YES it's gross. The bugs crawling around are gross, too

There is no way to block the ads, these are not pop-ups and are part of the basic CC webpage. They rotate so you won't see the same one everytime you log on or change pages. Personally I just don't pay attention to them one way or the other.

I bookmark the CC boards that I read individually, so I just click on each of those boards from my list of Favorites and never go to the main CC page. Just checked and yes the Trip Advisor banner is there. It's not a pop-up, just a banner, so I don't see how you could block it. Just don't go there.
It appears sometimes below the "User CP" bar and sometimes below in the Sponsored Links box between the 1st and 2nd posts of each page of a thread. There is another similar one that appears down at the bottom of a page, also in a Sponsored Links box. What do you see in these Sponsored Links boxes?

Unfortunately, it appears just below the log-in box and I get that banner every time I log in. Because of the way I have my security features set, log-in takes a bit of time. I logged in just now and the toilet was right there.

UGH!!!!

TripAdvisor owns CC now, so complaining about that ad here might get some traction. Unfortunately, as in cable news, movies and TV commercials, sensational sells, and they'll be willing to put some people off knowing that many more will click through.

Archived