To whoever stole our cruise door Christmas decorations

Trekker954

It could be, perhaps, that your shoes are too tight. Or it could be that your head wasn't screwed on just right. But I think that the most likely reason of all... may have been that your heart is two sizes too small.

You can take the cruisers' feast, you can take our pudding, you can take the roast beast.

You stole our decorations as quick as a flash. Why, you would even take our last can of cruise hash

But on December 25th, you will see, the cruisers, the tall and the small, will be merry, without any decorations at all!

You won't have stopped Christmas from coming, it came!

Somehow or other... it came just the same.

My daughter altered this grinch poem and posted it on our Independence Deck 9 suite door on Day 3 after our magnetic Xmas tree was stolen. We decorated three of our cruises this month without issue until the IOS. Also reported stolen were snowmen from Deck 7 & 8 doors, that we heard about. Its very sad that people do this. Day 5, thieves had a blast stealing all the Do Not Disturb cards that were in the door leaving the our floor attendants very upset. We also all received a letter Day 2 stating someone never received their luggage and could we all look around. A polite way to ask thieves to return it.

awww what a shame. We always have something stolen. Most recently the pens attached to the white boards on the doors to communicate. Oh, let's not forget the terrible things they wrote on the boards BEFORE stealing the pens.

So sad. Seems on the surface to be teenage pranks, but who knows. If so you'd think the parent would wonder where the magnetic tree came from. Unfortunately these things happen. We have neighbors who, for years, put up beautiful lights and decorations on their house. Finally, after so many years of stuff being stolen or lights being broken, they decided not to decorate. What a shame. Sorry to hear that this stuff happens on cruises also. Tell your daughter she did a great job on the "Grinch."

Trekker -- kudos to you and your daughter for maintaining your "Seuss-ian" sense of humor, in the face of such asinine behavior! :(

We learned the hard way to NEVER put anything on your door that you value. Back in '06, we cruised on Jewel -- a "members' cruise" with lots of nice RC gifts. The first memento we received was a lovely door magnet, with the ship's name, date, and itinerary on it. It was on our door when we left for the muster drill, and gone when we returned, immediately afterwards. The jerks didn't even wait until we had sailed to steal it! Fortunately, our wonderful cabin steward had an extra door magnet (which went right into our suitcase) :cool:

Are there cameras in the passageways....sounds like there should be.

That really is too bad about the door magnet. But taking the " do not disturb" out of the door, that should be punishable. Just think about the handicapped pax that needs extra time to answer the door :(

They/crew can see who took them. All public passageways are on camera.

We know there are cameras and although the decorations aren't valuable, we did report it. I don't think they were going to look at the security cameras for just decorations. Guest Services said they had a few reports that day. We met one woman who said she was with a group who's leader made the snowmen and took a lot of time doing so for all the doors. She was pretty uphappy about it also.

The stateroom attendant told me the last day how a guest freaked out when he walked into their room, stating they had the Do Not Disturb in the door (but it had been removed) so he thought the coast was clear. He said that really puts them in a bad position when someone takes those, which he said they often do (kids). I'm not so sure it was kids who took the decorations.

We purchased a really great door decoration for this year's cruise, finding it in Barbados a couple of weeks ago. After much discussion,and the fact that our magnetic 2012 Diamonds in December door decoration was stolen, we just decided to enjoy it in our cabin.

It's sad, but the truth is that no one wants to be responsible today. It shows up in almost every part of life.

So we just change, and unless we invite someone in, we are the only ones to enjoy it. Before our departure from the ship today, a wonderful crew member was the new proud owner.:)

Rick

Day 5, thieves had a blast stealing all the Do Not Disturb cards that were in the door leaving the our floor attendants very upset. [/color][/size][/font][/color]

On a quickie Monarch weekend a couple of weeks ago, we had a devious little brat on our hall that was snitching "Do Not Disturb" signs.

Hubby Keith and I stretched out for a small afternoon snooze, and I remembered to put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign (for once).

We discovered the sign was gone about a half hour later when someone knocked at the door... and kept knocking... and knocking... I finally crawled out of the bed and answered the door to receive two glasses and a bottle of warm Asti.

I checked the door, and no sign. Some booger had snitched it. Oh well, back to my nap - I'm sure nobody else will show up.

About 15 minutes later, another Knock-knock. Knock-knock. Knock-knock. A smiling waiter was at the door with a strawberry plate and a cheese plate (it was formal night). I did my best to smile back. I wasn't about to get out of bed again, so I grabbed my key, and rooted up our cabin steward to ask for a replacement sign.

Another 10 minutes. Knock... knock... knock... I've been up twice and have had enough, so I send hubby to answer the door this time. Another set of a strawberry plate and cheese plate. We can take or leave the cheese, but plates of strawberries is certainly nice. Our whole vanity is now covered with stuff.

Another 5 minutes. Knock. Knock. Knock. My turn again. When I answer the door, it's our cabin steward, with a new 'Do Not Disturb' sign. Evidently, irony was a concept not taught during his training. I thanked him, reached around, and stuck it in the door.

NOW I'm really going to get my nap. 15 minutes or so go by, and I'm just drifting off to sleep...

Knock! knock! knock! I don't know whether to laugh or cry as I climb out of the bed again and open the cabin door. This time, it's yet another waiter, and he's a bit embarrased to ask me if we had received two tray deliveries. I laughed, and told him that yes, we did, and gave him back the the second set of plates (drat - I was looking forward to those strawberries).

I then looked at the door lock... and the Do Not Disturb sign was still there! Evidently, he either missed it, or didn't pay attention.

So we gave up, got up, and went in search of caffeine.

I put the "Do Not Disturb" sign up when I went to bed that night, about 1am. About 8am... Knock! Knock! Knock! from our Cabin Steward as the "Do Not Disturb" sign had been removed from our door AGAIN.

This time, we busted up laughing at the persistence of our little pest, and our steward headed off to get another sign for us. I'm sure whatever he was muttering was something not typically heard in polite society. ;)

I was pretty sure that I had our booger spotted - there was a kid a few cabins down that either had a permanent case of the giggles, or, more likely, enjoying his little trick.

Hope I gave you all a laugh!

Wendy

Some people today think that anything goes......you leave it unattended in a public area (including your cabin door) and its fair game.

Until you realize that maybe the room service ticket you copped and/or switched belongs to a brittle diabetic who needs their food at a certain time to prevent low blood sugar. That the do not disturb sign may affect a couple on their honeymoon or a couple celebrating an anniversary.

But I can guarantee that when the tables are turned, they will be the first ones complaining that someone inconvenienced them!

Karma can be a *itch!

We know there are cameras and although the decorations aren't valuable, we did report it. I don't think they were going to look at the security cameras for just decorations. Guest Services said they had a few reports that day.

Hi

To be honest I think they should of looked at the security camera. The decorations may of not been of great value, but they are personal. Especially if they had a few reports, would surely only take a few minutes to check the cctv.

Paul

Archived