Just Upgraded to Concierge

kittywife77

Hi All,

Quick question... I've just upgraded to Concierge Class on the Edge for £400 more in total for 2 adults and one child.

We've now got the Classic Drinks package too. Am I right in thinking the bar gratuities are included in that package?

Also, what else makes Concierge special over a regular balcony as this is our first X cruise?

KW

Yes, the beverage packages have gratuities included.

Concierge has a few additional perks over a regular balcony, but personally I do not find them very significant. There is a lunch in the main dining room upon boarding; more civilized then navigating the crowded buffet with carry-on luggage, but limited menu. You receive extra Captain's Club points (Celebrity's loyalty program). Celebrity's website lists the other perks, but be advised a lot of them are written in a way to make them sound special, but many really have little-to-now tangible benefit, though some people do enjoy some of the benefits. If your prior room did not include the beverage package, you received a good price for the upgrade, but the regular Concierge Class perks are not worth nearly that much $$$.

We usually try to book CC as long as the upgrade price isn't too high. It also depends on the position of the cabin that we are offered as well. I think our upcoming cruise cost about £150 each more and we got the cabin on the deck and position we wanted.

We also like all the little extras but they are only small additions. Again it depends on how you value the little extras, I hope you all enjoy your choice.

Additional Concierge Class Stateroom Features:

Your stateroom includes all the luxury features you would expect from Celebrity Cruises – custom blended bath amenities, Hansgrohe® massaging showerheads and Celebrity tote bags. As a Concierge Class guest, you also receive a plush bathrobe, an extra hair dryer and a daily delivery of afternoon savouries in your room, as well as an expanded room service menu. We even offer a complimentary shoeshine.

• Dedicated On board Concierge desk
  • Priority check-in and priority disembarkation based on travel needs
  • Concierge availability during pier check-in
  • Exclusive pre-departure lounge
  • Exclusive Destination Seminar
  • Complimentary shoeshine service
  • Exclusive embarkation day lunch
  • Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences
  • Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine and fresh fruit
  • Daily Delectable Delights
  • Pillow menu
  • Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, pure cotton linens, towels, and use of bathrobes
  • Custom-blended bath amenities
  • Extra handheld hair dryer
  • Use of golf umbrella and binoculars
  • Celebrity tote bag
  • Celebrity embossed key holder, notepad and pen
  • Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead
  • Expanded room service breakfast menu

Service:

• Twice daily service (makeup and turndown)
  • Fresh ice delivered to stateroom upon request
  • 24 hour room service**
  • Laundry service*
  • Complimentary beach towel service

Amenities:

• Custom blended bath products, shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs
  • Water/wine glasses
  • Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, 100% pure cotton linens, towels, and use of bathrobes
  • Hair dryer
  • Complimentary tote bag

Some of that list is available to all cabins,

Most of the time you have to ask for the bottle of sparkling wine

The daily delecable delights are a few comically small bites of food. You can ask for a cheese plate which I find much more useful.

There is no pillow menu but you can ask for a differnent type pillow (they have about 3 types).

The better tote bag is nice, most of the other stuff is just fluff

Thanks all. We booked it primarily because of the savings on the drinks package but I guess all the other fluff stuff will be nice as an addition.

The drinks packages aren't showing yet on the updated cruise planner.... will they ever be on there?

KW

I really like the plush towels and robes. I spend hours and hours reading on the balcony, so I really appreciate the footstool. Without the expanded room service breakfast menu I end up trudging to the buffet. I’d rather be relaxing in my cabin with a real breakfast. The sparkling wine is a nice start to the cruise. (The embarkation lunch wasn’t available when I had my CC cabin.)

These are little things but they add up for me. When I can afford it I’ll book at least a CC cabin. (I pay double since I cruise solo.)

Thanks all. We booked it primarily because of the savings on the drinks package but I guess all the other fluff stuff will be nice as an addition.

The drinks packages aren't showing yet on the updated cruise planner.... will they ever be on there?

KW

I take it you are booking in the U.K. as you mentioned £ in your initial post. Are they only offering the drink package if you book Concierge as usually it’s OV and above (which includes a standard balcony cabin)?

I take it you are booking in the U.K. as you mentioned £ in your initial post. Are they only offering the drink package if you book Concierge as usually it’s OV and above (which includes a standard balcony cabin)?

It was actually cheaper to upgrade to a C3 than stay in an E1 grade to add on the drinks package.

We initially booked under the Early Booking Guarantee fare and they allowed us to change grade :)

KW

Our beverage package is not showing on the Celebrity cruise planner. We’ll take the documentation from our reservation with us, just in case, but the beverage package has always shown up when we checked in at the port.

The package never shows on the Cruise Planner.

You should receive a revised confirmation though. It will mention something like "BEVCLINGRAT" meaning Classic Beverage Package incl. Gratuities.

Just checked on the revised confirmation and it is showing on the paperwork. Yeay!

The package never shows on the Cruise Planner.

You should receive a revised confirmation though. It will mention something like "BEVCLINGRAT" meaning Classic Beverage Package incl. Gratuities.

It used to show on the My Celebrity under ‘order history’ but it’s been hit and miss since the new system was installed.

It was actually cheaper to upgrade to a C3 than stay in an E1 grade to add on the drinks package.

We initially booked under the Early Booking Guarantee fare and they allowed us to change grade :)

Right, so you hadn’t got the drinks package to start with. The promos are different in the U.K. to those offered when booking in the US, so they can change right up until final payment without incurring any charges ;) .

It used to show on the My Celebrity under ‘order history’ but it’s been hit and miss since the new system was installed.

Only if you bought it. Not if it came as a perk with the booking or upgrade.

The CC cabins on the Edge May be a little different than a regular veranda.

The Edge had two different types of balconies. One is the traditional and the other is the infinite balcony exclusive for now on the Edge. You may want to look into that and see what you will have.

All the priorities and other perks are mainly fluff and useless. I think everyone has a priority and it ends up being next at the end of the line.

At this time I don’t think anyone knows much about the Edge as no one has been on it or what CC cabins will have that is different

For you at the time you got the drink pack cheaper by upgrading and that is the best perk.

Hapy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We usually try to book CC as long as the upgrade price isn't too high. It also depends on the position of the cabin that we are offered as well. I think our upcoming cruise cost about £150 each more and we got the cabin on the deck and position we wanted.

We also like all the little extras but they are only small additions. Again it depends on how you value the little extras, I hope you all enjoy your choice.

Additional Concierge Class Stateroom Features:

Your stateroom includes all the luxury features you would expect from Celebrity Cruises – custom blended bath amenities, Hansgrohe® massaging showerheads and Celebrity tote bags. As a Concierge Class guest, you also receive a plush bathrobe, an extra hair dryer and a daily delivery of afternoon savouries in your room, as well as an expanded room service menu. We even offer a complimentary shoeshine.

• Dedicated On board Concierge desk
  • Priority check-in and priority disembarkation based on travel needs
  • Concierge availability during pier check-in
  • Exclusive pre-departure lounge
  • Exclusive Destination Seminar
  • Complimentary shoeshine service
  • Exclusive embarkation day lunch
  • Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences
  • Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine and fresh fruit
  • Daily Delectable Delights
  • Pillow menu
  • Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, pure cotton linens, towels, and use of bathrobes
  • Custom-blended bath amenities
  • Extra handheld hair dryer
  • Use of golf umbrella and binoculars
  • Celebrity tote bag
  • Celebrity embossed key holder, notepad and pen
  • Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead
  • Expanded room service breakfast menu

Service:

• Twice daily service (makeup and turndown)
  • Fresh ice delivered to stateroom upon request
  • 24 hour room service**
  • Laundry service*
  • Complimentary beach towel service

Amenities:

• Custom blended bath products, shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs
  • Water/wine glasses
  • Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, 100% pure cotton linens, towels, and use of bathrobes
  • Hair dryer
  • Complimentary tote bag

This list above to my understanding is a little out of date. I could be wrong but the Celebrity website no longer offers upgraded breakfast room service to Conscierge class.