pools on seaside

frannie

just read a facebook post about the pools on the seaside . They said all pools are 6 feet deep no shallow end . That is insane . not all adults swim . I like to stand in the pool get wet and leave . Also no steps . those ladders are steep and hard for us seniors with no upper body strength. I am not ready for a chair lift but god i dont swim well for 6 feet deep

Anyone knows if its an MSC thing? Or just the Seaside?

It’s the same on divina. And oddly, the divina yc pool is also mismarked and has 4’9” painted on the cement. This was problematic for my friend who isn’t comfortable in deeper water as she thought she would at least be able to stand tippy toed :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just read a facebook post about the pools on the seaside . They said all pools are 6 feet deep no shallow end . That is insane . not all adults swim . I like to stand in the pool get wet and leave . Also no steps . those ladders are steep and hard for us seniors with no upper body strength. I am not ready for a chair lift but god i dont swim well for 6 feet deep

Totally agree with at least the Divina has the aft pool which is 4' 4- 4'6.

It’s the same on divina. And oddly, the divina yc pool is also mismarked and has 4’9” painted on the cement. This was problematic for my friend who isn’t comfortable in deeper water as she thought she would at least be able to stand tippy toed :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not true the Divina aft pool is 4.4 - 4'6.

Yes, very strange indeed. This kind of frustrates me. It is one of those things you don't think about when booking. My kids all live in the water but will much less so if the pools are this deep. I'm about 6'6" and if I can't even touch, that will be a strange feeling. I guess I'll be one of those sitting along the edge or in the pool resting on the edge.

Yes, very strange indeed. This kind of frustrates me. It is one of those things you don't think about when booking. My kids all live in the water but will much less so if the pools are this deep. I'm about 6'6" and if I can't even touch, that will be a strange feeling. I guess I'll be one of those sitting along the edge or in the pool resting on the edge.

when we get hot we can all join the kids in the water park

• 5 months later...

Personally, I love the deep pools. Leaves room for actual swimming because the pools aren't that crowded. Even for relaxing in the pool, I don't need to touch the ground - I can tread water comfortably.. Might be because I'm not even 5'2 - I'm quite used to not being able to touch the ground - maybe on tip toes if I'm lucky :D

I like the deep pools too.

We have a pool at home and are always in the deep end.

We always say, we should have built this pool 6 feet all over, since the shallow end is wasted. (by us).