Does the Rotterdam still have B.B. Kings?

weselka

I've read in a 2017 Daily Program (for ms Rotterdam) that they offered the music in B.B. Kings. But I cannot find if the Rotterdam still has B.B. Kings or has it been replaced with another venue at the last drydock? I enjoyed them on the Westerdam last year and hope to enjoy them during the Voyage of the Vikings this July-August. If anyone can confirm its presence (or absence) on the Rotterdam, it will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by weselka
typo

My understanding is that the BB King group in no longer on the Rotterdam. I don't think anybody replaced them.

If that is true, sorry to hear that. Thank you for such a prompt response.

If I had to guess I would say that since BB Kings was in the Crow's Nest and the new plan for that space is Explorations Central, that they just dropped them from that ship.

In January 2017 we were on the Rotterdam and found the group to be the best of all the different groups on HAL and we thought that the Crow's Nest was a better venue than other ships as well

On the Rotterdam last year the BB Kings were in the CN and it didn't work too well. Good enough, but very crowded seating, very little dance floor as that was exactly in front the the band. There were a lot of chairs in that area, because people didn't want to sit spread out along the forward windows (which would place them a lot farther away from the band). It was loud, of course, in that tight area.

I read that HAL does plan to bring the BB Kings to all ship, but are trying to figure out where to put them.

If I had to guess I would say that since BB Kings was in the Crow's Nest and the new plan for that space is Explorations Central, that they just dropped them from that ship.

In January 2017 we were on the Rotterdam and found the group to be the best of all the different groups on HAL and we thought that the Crow's Nest was a better venue than other ships as well

I agree with you. We had BBkings last year (before the dry dock) in the Crow's Nest and even though the group was smaller, it was the best we have ever heard.

They weren't over the top loud so it was very enjoyable.

We are on the Rotterdam in 3 weeks...very sad to read this. BB Kings was the best music on board the Nieuw Amsterdam when we were on board in December. Will we be bored? Maybe.

We were on the Rotterdam in March 2018, and the only rock-n-roll entertainment was the piano bar in the Mix. Very good entertainment.

The BB King Blues Band (the artist's name is Riley B King, died in May 2015, and he used the stage name of BB King, not BB Kings). The group used to be in the Crow's Nest, but it didn't work well due to the size, low ceilings, and tremendous volume in a very small area..