Inexpensive hotel near NCL cruise terminal in Manhattan?

cbny

A friend of mine is coming from France next week and needs an inexpensive hotel where he can spend one night before his cruise on Breakaway. He is hoping to spend no more than $150 which I️ realize may be impossible in Manhattan. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

A friend of mine is coming from France next week and needs an inexpensive hotel where he can spend one night before his cruise on Breakaway. He is hoping to spend no more than $150 which I️ realize may be impossible in Manhattan. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

You are correct - I doubt you'd find a hotel for that price in Manhattan, and if you did, I doubt you'd want to stay in it.

If price is the issue, there are youth hostels in Manhattan, assuming your friend would qualify.

definitely ask on the east coast departure board. $150 probably won't get you a reasonable room in manhattan - you might need to consider stopping further out e,g, new jersey, brooklyn or airport areas for a more reasonable rate.

Right here! Good hotel, great prices, close to terminal.........http://www.comfortinnmidtownny.com

Right here! Good hotel, great prices, close to terminal.........http://www.comfortinnmidtownny.com

I am assuming that by next week you mean December 2. I checked the prices for that date for the above hotel and -- surprisingly, they have rooms available in the $99-119 price range.

Sorry, I thought that it was too good to be true and I guess it was. I decided to go back and check again, and now the "best available rate" jumped to to $239. Must have been a glitch.

Edited by suometar
added information

I am assuming that by next week you mean December 2. I checked the prices for that date for the above hotel and -- surprisingly, they have rooms available in the $99-119 price range.

Sorry, I thought that it was too good to be true and I guess it was. I decided to go back and check again, and now the "best available rate" jumped to to $239. Must have been a glitch.

No glitch, my wife and I booked a room for next Friday night and payed $112, we booked it yesterday. You snooze you loose, should have booked the room last month

Is your friend arriving in EWR from France? If he is, he can go to the Marriott Newark Airport (Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott) to crash out for a night and then take a cab to the cruise terminal in manhattan. It's inexpensive hotel.

Is your friend arriving in EWR from France? If he is, he can go to the Marriott Newark Airport (Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott) to crash out for a night and then take a cab to the cruise terminal in manhattan. It's inexpensive hotel.

Unless you friend has been to NYC - this options would be terrible. Almost illegal.

NYC is such a great place to visit. So many things to see and do. Staying in a hotel and then boarding a ship is a waste.

Unless you friend has been to NYC - this options would be terrible. Almost illegal.

NYC is such a great place to visit. So many things to see and do. Staying in a hotel and then boarding a ship is a waste.

If he only has one night he isn't going to see much.

If he only has one night he isn't going to see much.

LOL, it would depend on when he arrives from France, and also there's the time difference to recover from.

We're heading to Rome in April and when we return, we arrive in EWR at 9pm and have booked to crash at the Newark Marriott for the night. We'll get a good night's sleep and be refreshed before checking out the next day to go to JFK for the afternoon flight home. I was surprised with this hotel prices and it certainly solved our problem having to find a place to overnight on our way back from Rome.

I don't know what date you are looking for but I was checking out the Travel Inn. It's just a few blocks from the Cruise port. I found better prices through different travel sites as opposed to looking directly at their site. I saw $125 plus taxes (total under $250) for 2 adults and 1 child for December 14th.

HINT: if you are looking to book a hotel room in the vicinity of the Cruise Terminal the night before

the cruise the hotels are no doubt savvy about that and the rates will be higher for that night.

Supply and Demand - legal ??? - but weekend rates coinciding with cruise sailing are higher ?

Take a look at booking 2 or perhaps 3 nights before to get a better average rate i.e.

the 2 day/night rate is almost the same as the one night prime rate. Work that factor in the

air ground transportation arrangements to be at the cruise pier timely.

Airport hotel rooms are not likely to be much cheaper - the NYC airports are a metro-plex of one

of the largest transportation centers in the country. Still yet research it out - I was surprised about

the Comfort Inn Midtown - a big thanks for that - will have to remember that one.

Finding a hotel within a hundred miles should be just fine. Get up early - surface transportation

will be adequate to get you to the cruise terminal timely.

You are dealing with the BIG APPLE must look at the BIG PICTURE !

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice. My friend has been to NY many times, so this visit is strictly to get on the ship. In any case, his flights are already set and the sailing is only a week away, so given the price of a one-night stay at hotels which are still available in Manhattan, he decided to book a room near the airport in Newark and take the shuttle to the port from there. At this point, it seems like the cheapest way to go. Once again, thank you all.

HINT: if you are looking to book a hotel room in the vicinity of the Cruise Terminal the night before

the cruise the hotels are no doubt savvy about that and the rates will be higher for that night.

Supply and Demand - legal ??? - but weekend rates coinciding with cruise sailing are higher ?

!

Sorry, no. You’re a 10 minute walk from Times Square. Cruise passengers are a drop in the bucket. Not even, they are a bacterium on a piece of dust in a drop in the bucket. Cruise passengers are not affecting the supply and demand. General tourism to NY is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be staying at the Hudson River Hotel on West 36th Street for about $120. Don’t know how Brice it is but it is only one night and is near Javitts Center and not far from port.

I booked this hotel also for a stay next month, the reviews on trip advisor seem pretty good and the pictures look good too.

Sent from my VS501 using Forums mobile app