Just off the Magic 8 night Eastern Today.......

KPfromCT

Great ship!!!! Very similar to Breeze, besides the décor and a few other features.

Ship was immaculate. Workers were always cleaning

Staff was SUPER friendly. Everyone smiling and saying hello.

Definitely one of our best cruises............

FYI......For those wondering.........the ships, or at least Magic, DOES rent wheelchairs onboard.

I needed one unexpectedly for the week, and it was $125. Saved our cruise.

I know I have read other posts where they said they don't, but they do. THANK. GOD!!!!!

Dr. E. was AMAZING. I don't know WHERE he gets the energy, but he was great!!!!!

Any questions, let me know.

I didn't bring home the Fun Times, sorry!!!!

Thanks for the quick review. Can't wait!

What time did disembarking begin upon return to Port Canaveral? Trying to schedule a private car transfer post cruise in Sept.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jetexpress

What time did disembarking begin upon return to Port Canaveral? Trying to schedule a private car transfer post cruise in Sept.

I was on Magic 3 weeks ago and we started disembarking around 6:15. It was really quick. We did self assist and walked off at 7:00. In the car and on the road by 7:30

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on Magic 3 weeks ago and we started disembarking around 6:15. It was really quick. We did self assist and walked off at 7:00. In the car and on the road by 7:30

Thanks! Our arrival is listed at 8:00am, which seemed later than other ports, but this is also our first time from Port Canaveral.

I was on the fence and debating a 12:15pm flight out of MCO. We do have a car service booked for the transfer, so I think I am comfortable with that flight time.

About 6:30-6:45 for self disembark. Enjoy your cruise. Great ship and crew!:D:D

What were your ports of call? Thanks for the info about being able to rent a wheel chair, you never know when you might need one.

Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten (poured, LITERALLY ALL DAY) :(

Great itinerary.

That wheelchair was a life saver, otherwise, I pretty much would have been stuck in the cabin.

Were you asked by your room steward to select morning or evening service?

What time of cabin did you have?

We're on Magic in November in a cove balcony!:cool:

He did give us a slip when we came by to introduce himself and it had the option of morning, evening, or both. We chose both. Also had the option for bathrobes, extra pillows, extra towels, and a few other things that escape my mind right now. lol

We had a balcony on the Lido. That's usually the only thing we book. Love the location to everything.

He did give us a slip when we came by to introduce himself and it had the option of morning, evening, or both. We chose both. Also had the option for bathrobes, extra pillows, extra towels, and a few other things that escape my mind right now. lol

We had a balcony on the Lido. That's usually the only thing we book. Love the location to everything.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm looking forward to the Magic.

I am going to add some more to this......

Again, if you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask.;)

We booked this cruise last September for DD's high school graduation, and it was the longest wait we'd ever had. BRUTAL. lol

DH (45) Myself (47) and DD (18)

We flew down from Hartford, CT on Friday, one day early, and stayed at the Radisson at the Port. Our room was beautiful. Two room suite, COMPLETELY updated and NICE.

We did rent a car for the day and drove around Orlando before heading to Port Canaveral. (Hertz)

Also, we lucked out, as there was a rocket launch at Nasa, and we were able to walk right out our door and see it. Amazing!!!!!!!

Had lunch and some drinks the Tiki Bar by the pool and the food was really good. Prices were reasonable for it being a hotel.

Went to dinner at Grills (not impressed) Should have gone to Fishlips.

DH returned the car to Hertz near our hotel, that evening, and then just walked back to the Radisson, as it was after hours.

Skipped breakfast the next morning and called a taxi around 10:15, and we were at the port by 10:30. Nice!

We did book FTTF.

We had a Lido Balcony on Deck 10 (10258) great cabin. Great location.

We got to the port around 10:30. Got right through security with no waiting. Got right into line for the FTTF check-in, again, no wait. And then seated in the FTTF holding pen.:'):'):') It was at that time, I decided the wheelchair onto the ship would be the way to go, and good thing, because it's a good 10 minute walk from the terminal to the lobby. Probably would've taken me an hour. lol.

Before the cruise, I had ordered some Corona's for DH to be in the cabin, decorations for DD (Bon Voyage), a cake for DD's graduation, two cases of water, and a plate of chocolate colored strawberries. Since we had FTTF, we were able to go directly to the cabin upon boarding. When we arrived, the room was clean and ready, however, none of the above mentioned was there yet. No biggie. I know it's a busy day for the stewards and we are not ones to complain. Two hours later, everything was done and in the cabin.

Dropped the bags and grabbed lunch at the Mongolian Wok (delicious as always). Explored the ship a bit. Got some frozen concoctions to help us hang on........ ;) Basically, just killing time until Muster. Muster was in the Starlight Theater (A3). Dr. E was funny as HE double hockey sticks. Changed his accent about 10x during the Muster Drill.

After Muster, grabbed some more drinks, and headed back to our balcony to watch sail away. Pretty boring out of Port Canaveral, compared to MIA or FLL, but, hey, we were on a cruise.......

Will add more soon.....

Thanks for reading!!!:D

Edited by KPfromCT

After Muster, grabbed some more drinks, and headed back to our balcony to watch sail away. Pretty boring out of Port Canaveral, compared to MIA or FLL, but, hey, we were on a cruise.......

Yes, starboard side gives you a better view, unless there just happens to be a rocket launch from the cape. :D

Thanks so much for your report! Making us excited for our B2B on the Magic in October. Looking forward to hearing more about your cruise. :D

Lucky! You and Patty are going to LOVE it. Ship ship and crew are AMAZING!!!!!!

I will be looking forward to that review!!!;)

I was on this cruise as well. We had great weather except for St. Maarten where it rained 75% of the day. Seas were calm with no excessive ship movement like several posts had stated. Also no excessive sewage smell was noticed. A couple odd things though, my room at 1:30 was not done, as a matter of fact it looked like it had not been touched from the previous guest departure. I also was quite disturbed by passengers behavior, especially kids. The game room had very aggressive children, climbing on machines, kicking machines, throwing trash and food on the floor. Throughout the ship, the soft serve ice cream was found laying on the carpet (at least 5 separate incidents) and once someone had taken one and put it on top of the light fixture in the stairwell, this of course melted and drained down into the light assembly and onto the carpet.

Another item of note, if you want to wear shorts, jeans, cutoffs, beer t shirts basically anything other than a bathing suit to the evening dining room, apparently it is not only approved but encouraged.

Love the Magic, we were on her last December (week before Christmas) and will be on her again this December (same week) and again in April 2018. Will be sorry to see her leave PC BUT looking forward to giving the Breeze a try.....