What does the Classic Drink Package Actually Include?

Tenn4ever

Just went on the Celebrity site and the Classic drink package did not indicate any alcoholic drinks included, only bottled water, soft drinks and specialty coffees. Is this something new? We are getting ready to book a cruise for this Fall and the perk is the Classic drink package. We do like the bottled water but we don't drink specialty coffees or soft drinks so this doesn't sound like much of a perk.

I think there is a Classic non-alcohol package, and a Classic alcohol package. The one normally offered as a perk is the one that covers alcohol. Wines and drinks up to $9 (otherwise you pay the overage), but still includes bottled water, soda, coffee's at Al Bacio, etc. Beer is also covered, but maybe something less than $9 per drink (can't recall).

From Celebrity Website:

Classic Package

$55 USD/per night*

Includes drinks up to $9 and those of the Standard Beverage Package. An 18% service charge is added to each check. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 15%

VODKA

• Absolut and Flavors
  • New Amsterdam
  • Smirnoff
  • Tito’s

GIN

• Beefeater
  • Bombay Dry
  • Gordon’s

TEQUILA

• Cazadores Blanco
  • Don Julio Blanco
  • Herradura Blanco

WHISKEY (BOURBON, CANADIAN, IRISH, AND SCOTCH)

• Canadian Club
  • Dewar’s White Label
  • Famous Grouse
  • Jim Beam
  • Johnnie Walker Red
  • Monkey Shoulder
  • Seagram’s 7
  • Seagram’s VO

COCKTAILS

A large selection of classic cocktails made with Classic Beverage Package spirits

RUM

• Bacardi & Flavors
  • Bacardi Oakheart
  • Captain Morgan's
  • Kraken Black Spiced
  • Malibu
  • Myer’s
  • Wray & Nephew

LIQUEURS & COGNACS

• Campari
  • Galliano
  • Goldschlager
  • Hennessy VS
  • Kahlua
  • Kirsch
  • Licor 43
  • Novo Fogo Cachacas
  • Ouzo
  • Romana Sambuca
  • Southern Comfort
  • Tia Maria

BEERS

• Alaska Brewing (Alaska Sailngs)
  • Amstel Light
  • Boddington’s
  • Coors Light
  • Corona Light
  • Corona
  • Franziskaner
  • Kirin
  • Kirin Light
  • Miller Lite
  • Moretti
  • Newcastle Brown Ale
  • Pabst Blue Ribbon
  • Red Stripe
  • Sam Adams
  • Strongbow hard ciders

WINES

A large selection of wines from around the world, such as chardonnays from California, merlots from Washington, malbecs from Argentina, and riojas from Spain

NON-ALCOHOLIC

• Nonpremium bottle water
  • Premium coffees
  • Juices
  • Sodas
  • Premium teas

This is a nice comparison of the packages, with some details about what you will be able to get with each (though expect some variation of availability between ships):

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/04_25_OB_SP_BeveragePackageBrochure-V2.051518.pdf

Your link is alarming!! It says the the 18% gratuity is added yo your check. Is the on top of the USD69 I've already paid for the Premium Package....thought gratuity was already included? Is this a further change?

Your link is alarming!! It says the the 18% gratuity is added yo your check. Is the on top of the USD69 I've already paid for the Premium Package....thought gratuity was already included? Is this a further change?

I saw that too - I think they meant that the 18% is added to the $55 per day when you buy the package. I checked the website and it is still adding the 18% on to the package when you purchase it, so they can't charge us the gratuity for each drink.

I think it was a typo. At least, I hope that it was a typo!

Edited by vtcruising

When you buy a package the gratuity is added to the purchase price (or, in Australia, the quoted price includes the gratuity).

The $69 package is actually $81.42 once you include the gratuity

Then when you order a standard drink at a bar no additional gratuity is added since it’s already been paid. But if you go over the limit, the excess is charged and a gratuity added to that charge.

To use round numbers as an example, say your package is valid for drinks up to $10.00. You order a drink costing $8. No slip to sign, you get your drink. But if you order a $20 drink you’ll be given a ticket for $10 + 18% = 11.80 total.

• 2 weeks later...

We are interested in just the water pkg. It states we can get certain brands of water at any bar, or restaurant. My question is how large are the bottles of water and can I get more then one bottle at a time as I am always thirsty.

Water bottles are in 2 sizes. Either half liter or whole liter. One bottle at a time. That is for plain drinking water. I’m not sure about water with bubbles (fizzy) since I don’t usually drink that type of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is a nice comparison of the packages, with some details about what you will be able to get with each (though expect some variation of availability between ships):

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/04_25_OB_SP_BeveragePackageBrochure-V2.051518.pdf

Thanks so much for the link; I was looking all over for this!! :cool:

To add on to what others have posted.

1. If you have a preference for the type of water, for example Evian - then you need the Premium package. It's the only water I drink so that's one reason I need the Premium. ;) They give 1 L bottles. There are some areas that have the tiny bottles which are good to take on an excursion. You get one bottle each time. We always make sure we grab a bottle before heading back to the cabin throughout the day this way we always have bottled water.

2. The allowance for alcoholic drinks - you can pay the difference with the exception of drinks at the Martini bar, you need the Premium package to get these...another reason I go Premium ;) There are some drinks around the ship that are over the Premium allowance, again you just pay the difference with the exception of a specialty martini flight that you have to pay for.

3. You can easily upgrade to Premium for the difference in price per day. So if the Classic is $55.00/day and the Premium is $65.00/day...then you pay $10.00 per day + 18% Gratuity. This is a one time charge you do as soon as you board. When we sail, if we don't have Premium already, then we upgrade as soon as we get on -OR- if we have it already included then we make our way to the Martini bar to order our first martini's and write our names in the ice. ;) With your classic package...you can upgrade for $10/day + 18% gratuity.

4. Cafe Bacio - drinks are included if you have the Classic Alcohol Package or Above. I am not a coffee drinker but I love Cafe Bacio! I stop many times throughout the day/night for an iced tea. Fresh brewed right in front of you. You choose the type of tea you want. Tea Forte is the brand they have.

Two more things: 1. Alcoholic drinks are not included with room service. 2. You can use your package on their private islands (Labadee, CoCoCay).

Final thoughts...when I first started cruising, they didn't have drink packages. You paid per drink. When they started having them, it was on Royal Caribbean and at that time both people had to purchase the package. Since sailing on Celebrity - both people do not have to have it (unless it's a free perk you choose) - but both people do not have to upgrade which is nice if one person wants it and the other wouldn't utilize it. After sailing with a drink package...I don't think I can go back to not having one! ;) Drinks, Evian and my fresh iced tea!!! =)

Edited by PinkSandGirl

Very well said. I have had Classic on two trips, both before the pay the difference and have never had Premium. I am looking forward to not overthinking my purchases this time ...... soooooooo looking forward to it.

1. If you have a preference for the type of water, for example Evian - then you need the Premium package. It's the only water I drink so that's one reason I need the Premium. ;) They give 1 L bottles. There are some areas that have the tiny bottles which are good to take on an excursion. You get one bottle each time. We always make sure we grab a bottle before heading back to the cabin throughout the day this way we always have bottled water.

2. The allowance for alcoholic drinks - you can pay the difference with the exception of drinks at the Martini bar, you need the Premium package to get these...another reason I go Premium ;) There are some drinks around the ship that are over the Premium allowance, again you just pay the difference with the exception of a specialty martini flight that you have to pay for.

3. You can easily upgrade to Premium for the difference in price per day. So if the Classic is $55.00/day and the Premium is $65.00/day...then you pay $10.00 per day + 18% Gratuity. This is a one time charge you do as soon as you board. When we sail, if we don't have Premium already, then we upgrade as soon as we get on -OR- if we have it already included then we make our way to the Martini bar to order our first martini's and write our names in the ice. ;) With your classic package...you can upgrade for $10/day + 18% gratuity.

4. Cafe Bacio - drinks are included if you have the Classic Alcohol Package or Above. I am not a coffee drinker but I love Cafe Bacio! I stop many times throughout the day/night for an iced tea. Fresh brewed right in front of you. You choose the type of tea you want. Tea Forte is the brand they have.

Two more things: 1. Alcoholic drinks are not included with room service. 2. You can use your package on their private islands (Labadee, CoCoCay).

Final thoughts...when I first started cruising, they didn't have drink packages. You paid per drink. When they started having them, it was on Royal Caribbean and at that time both people had to purchase the package. Since sailing on Celebrity - both people do not have to have it (unless it's a free perk you choose) - but both people do not have to upgrade which is nice if one person wants it and the other wouldn't utilize it. After sailing with a drink package...I don't think I can go back to not having one! ;) Drinks, Evian and my fresh iced tea!!! =)

Just an FYI....the cost to upgrade from classic to premium has gone up to $14/day plus gratuity. This change happened mid May. Also, one can also pay the difference at the martini bar if they have the classic package.

I thought I read that your drink package did work with room service but not on the mini bar in your cabin. Is this not the case?

I thought I read that your drink package did work with room service but not on the mini bar in your cabin. Is this not the case?

This is from the Celebrity website under the Drink Package Section. This is part of the * section.

~ Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar, or room service.

Packages may not be shared, and do nverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar, or room service.

"I thought I read that your drink package did work with room service but not on the mini bar in your cabin. Is this not the case?"

It is not. The drink package is not valid for room service, nor for the mini bar, nor for martini flights and liquor tastings.