Stock Ownership OBC

Noreen411

Hi

This will be our first cruise with Celebrity.

I own Royal Caribbean stock and used to be able to get on board credit for being a stock holder. The rules have changed and due to other discounts we receive we have not been able to get on board credit in years.

I read that you can also use this on a Celebrity sailing.

Our booking includes premium alcohol package, internet, gratuities, and on board credit.

Would we still be eligible for the onboard credit for owning the stock?

Thank you in advance

Noreen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

This will be our first cruise with Celebrity.

I own Royal Caribbean stock and used to be able to get on board credit for being a stock holder. The rules have changed and due to other discounts we receive we have not been able to get on board credit in years.

I read that you can also use this on a Celebrity sailing.

Our booking includes premium alcohol package, internet, gratuities, and on board credit.

Would we still be eligible for the onboard credit for owning the stock?

Thank you in advance

Noreen

Pretty much no, unless you are sailing without any discounts or included packages. People have been able to use it on insides, since those normally don't include and packages or other inclusions. Main reason I sold my stock a couple of years ago.

I'm betting not given other threads on this topic. But as the above poster says, it doesn't hurt to try. If you've had the stock a while, it has likely been a good investment. I bought Carnival stock since we cruise HAL and have enjoyed a good price increase in the stock, several good rounds of OBC, and all the perks one could add in addition to the stockholder credit. Because of what I'd read here I didn't buy RCCL stock. If you get a positive response please let us all know as it's a good deal when it works.

Pretty much no, unless you are sailing without any discounts or included packages. People have been able to use it on insides, since those normally don't include and packages or other inclusions. Main reason I sold my stock a couple of years ago.

Hi

We didn’t get any discounts as first time celebrity cruisers. But booked a suite so had those perks included.

I sort of guessed it would be similar rules to what Royal does.

I am still holding onto the stock as I have made a decent profit on it.

Thank you

You will not get to use your shareholder benefit. Whenever you get perks, that is considered a benefit. It has been combinable for us when just using the Residency or Senior Discount. Not for Go Better, 1-2-3, etc.

It may not hurt to try but don't bet on it.

It is a way to give a benefit to those passenger who otherwise have no perks, such as pax in an inside stateroom, and those on repositioning cruises.

The original intent was to encourage ownership in the company by giving incentives. We did get several OBCs in the early years. But then it changed when they offered "free" perks. I have only gotten the shareholder's benefit when declining these "free" perks and going with the Senior or Residence Rates. For example, it was going to cost me nearly $400 more per person to get free gratuities and a $150 OBC on a 7 day cruise. I could save more by declining these perks and using the Residence Rate which then allowed me to get some $$ from the Shareholder Benefit.