Bliss Balcony Bed Location

Maplemoose

When I simulate a booking for a balcony on the Bliss it appears that all beds are close to the door as opposed to the balcony. Is this true for 100% of the cabins? I hated this on the Epic. Also, are there any oceanview cabins with seating (besides the bed!) Thank you in advance.

No. Our room had the bed near the balcony and the fold out couch near the doors. The oceanview family rooms that sleep up to 5 would have additional seating. I think they have a fold out couch in addition to the regular bed.

When I simulate a booking for a balcony on the Bliss it appears that all beds are close to the door as opposed to the balcony. Is this true for 100% of the cabins? I hated this on the Epic. Also, are there any oceanview cabins with seating (besides the bed!) Thank you in advance.

How many people are you using for your mock booking?

If you use 4 people, the only balcony staterooms that will appear will all be "bed near balcony". There are more than what is listed but you will see stateroom numbers in that category.

Epic also has "bed near balcony". When the curved wall is wider near the balcony, the bed is also near the balcony. Bliss' deckplan doesn't show where the stateroom is wider but if a balcony or mini suite sleeps 4, it will have the bed near the balcony.

Booking for 2. Not to go off topic but the other problem I am seeing is that the indicators point to very few cabins remaining. The cruise is in December of 2019, 18 months away and the only oceanview rooms are at the very back or very front, if the suggested cabin list is to be believed. Does that make sense? I wish NCL would let you choose off the deck plans the way other lines do.

Booking for 2. Not to go off topic but the other problem I am seeing is that the indicators point to very few cabins remaining. The cruise is in December of 2019, 18 months away and the only oceanview rooms are at the very back or very front, if the suggested cabin list is to be believed. Does that make sense? I wish NCL would let you choose off the deck plans the way other lines do.

The system will only display the 15ish “best” staterooms. It does not display “all” available staterooms.

The thing is if what NCL considers the best are at the extreme front, then surely there can not be many left in more central spots. Is there any way to see how many are left in a certain category? When I tried one category, only one suggestion came up, instead of the usual 15.

Decide which category cabin you want (cabin number as well), on which deck you want, and call. Ask the rep if the cabin you want is available, which is what I had to do for my last booking. They don't show all that are available.

I have an upcoming cruise on the Bliss .. and will be in cabin 10260.. now I am wondering if our bed is near the balcony or not.. also I see the next is one of those angled balconies. I am wondering if that takes away from the view we will have ? Please if anyone stays in this room. Please let me know :)

I have an upcoming cruise on the Bliss .. and will be in cabin 10260.. now I am wondering if our bed is near the balcony or not.. also I see the next is one of those angled balconies. I am wondering if that takes away from the view we will have ? Please if anyone stays in this room. Please let me know :)

95% sure bed will be by the closet and your view should not be obstructed too much.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, bobkins40 said:

Is Norwegian like RC and every other room has bed near door 

Mostly, the pattern is as described along the side of the ship. There are breaks in the pattern such as when a wheelchair accessible stateroom is in the mix or when 2 similar staterooms are back-to-back and the pattern starts again. 

It's best to know an exact stateroom number and search for pictures/info from people who have actually stayed there when looking for a bed-near-closet stateroom.  

• 1 year later...
On 7/8/2018 at 4:31 AM, Maplemoose said:

not 100%, because a change in room type may rest the pattern, but they alternate every other.  If you're lucky, you can check to see if cruisedeckplans has a photo of your cabin:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Bliss&deck=8

sorry, didn't realize the original post was from 2018...

Edited by n4w