Purchasing Premium Coffee Card Online

Marie50

I was going to by mine ahead of time, but was advised on this board to wait until I am on the ship. If you buy ahead of time, you have to wait for it to be delivered to your stateroom. You can buy on board as soon as you walk on. No discount for prepaying.

Do these cards include the gratuity? Thinking about purchasing in advance for upcoming cruise. Are they worth it if you drink a couple of coffee drinks a day?

We use our card not only for the complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea, but also for the 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks. We like the ice-blended Banoffee Blast and the ice-blended Silk Road Chai Tea, each at $4.00. So the $35.65 coffee card is worth it for us. If we don't consume the 15 specialty coffee in one sailing, we can still use the card on our next cruise.

• 1 month later...
How often can we order specialty drink with the same card in a day?

Each coffee card has fifteen punches for fifteen specialty drinks. You can spread them out the length of your cruise or drink all fifteen on Day 1. If so inclined you can get all fifteen in one transaction for you, your companion and thirteen brand new friends in the Piazza.

How often can we order specialty drink with the same card in a day?

As long as you have punches you can keep ordering. Or just pay if you run out.

The presentation of the card itself is for unlimited fresh brewed coffee for the cardholder only.

You can share the punches if you want.

There are generally tables set up for beverages and coffee cards on the day of embarkation. I like to do it then so it is charged from my onboard credit. You can also save your card if it has unused punches for future sailings.

There are generally tables set up for beverages and coffee cards on the day of embarkation. I like to do it then so it is charged from my onboard credit. You can also save your card if it has unused punches for future sailings.

I always make sure that I have at least one punch left at the end of a cruise. I use that as my "excuse" to book the next cruise. "But honey, we have to go on another cruise. You don't want to let the unused coffee card go to waste, do you?"

Do these cards include the gratuity? Thinking about purchasing in advance for upcoming cruise. Are they worth it if you drink a couple of coffee drinks a day?

If you want to save a bit of $$$ there are a few coffee cards for sale on Ebay.

Since my wife and I do not use the mini-bar on a cruise, do I understand correctly that we can turn in the contents of the bar and get a couple of coffee cards instead?

If that is true, whom or how do we go about making that happen?

Thanks.

Since my wife and I do not use the mini-bar on a cruise, do I understand correctly that we can turn in the contents of the bar and get a couple of coffee cards instead?

If that is true, whom or how do we go about making that happen?

Thanks.

If you are Elite call room service to exchange.

I also buy mine on ebay for $25 each. We save $10 and I figure the elite who cashed out a mini-bar gets some of their money back.

Let's be honest. I'm cheap

And like many other abused things/perks eventually this perk will go away as well due to all the bragging here on CC about selling the cards on ebay. :rolleyes:

And like many other abused things/perks eventually this perk will go away as well due to all the bragging here on CC about selling the cards on ebay. :rolleyes:

I assume that if they really care about this, they would simply preprint the ship and voyage information on the card prior to delivering it to the Elite Members cabin. But in the end, this is all likely to go away, as coffee card purchase data will no doubt be loaded on to your Medallion and you will tap a receiver at the point of sale to deduct a "punch" from your account each time you use it. "Punches" will soon be referred to as "Taps" and there will be nothing to sell on Ebay.

I assume that if they really care about this, they would simply preprint the ship and voyage information on the card prior to delivering it to the Elite Members cabin. But in the end, this is all likely to go away, as coffee card purchase data will no doubt be loaded on to your Medallion and you will tap a receiver at the point of sale to deduct a "punch" from your account each time you use it. "Punches" will soon be referred to as "Taps" and there will be nothing to sell on Ebay.

That very well may happen.....and if it does turn out that way my 2 dozen old coffee cards should increase in value since they are good forever. :D

After a little thought about the Medallions I think the coffee cards won't work with them. How can people use their unused punches with a Medallion on another ship? It doesn't seem possible unless Princess wants to keep track of the unused portion in their computer system, which I doubt.

Edited by floridalover5623

As long as there is a way to share the punches and save unused punches for our next voyage, that is okay with me. Unfortunately, both may be difficult to implement.

As long as there is a way to share the punches and save unused punches for our next voyage, that is okay with me. Unfortunately, both may be difficult to implement.

Neither should be too difficult. First, as for sharing punches, there are at least two possibilities. The first is to load the punches onto the account of the cabin so that anyone with a Medallion linked to that cabin would be able to draw down a punch. This wouldn't do much for you if you wanted to share with a friend who is not in your cabin. The second option would be to simply toss your Medallion to your friend and have them go get a coffee using your account.

AS for saving punches for later use, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't reside in the cloud linked to your account for next time.

Neither should be too difficult. First, as for sharing punches, there are at least two possibilities. The first is to load the punches onto the account of the cabin so that anyone with a Medallion linked to that cabin would be able to draw down a punch. This wouldn't do much for you if you wanted to share with a friend who is not in your cabin. The second option would be to simply toss your Medallion to your friend and have them go get a coffee using your account.

AS for saving punches for later use, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't reside in the cloud linked to your account for next time.

True, it shouldn't be too difficult. Unfortunately, Princess IT will be running it...