Need help asap. Uber - volkswagen passat

compozer

It’s a fairly big car, with seats for 5 people, and usually 4 doors. You might have to put one of the backpacks in the back seat, or in the front passenger seat if you both sit in the back and the backpacks are huge. If that’s ok, then you should fit just fine.

That is nice of you Keith.

Not good.!!!

I booked it for 6:30 pm tomorrow at Fll airport going to Embassy suites. Then I noticed it said "enroute". What!!. I looked and looked but could not find anyplace that it said the date. I went over and over it. So I cancelled it. I installed the app over a month ago. I will try again later. As soon as I relax a little. Just took one of our kitties to the vet. Not good - they need to do a biopsy on something in his jaw. We just found this little guy 5 months ago and can't clear up a runny nose.

In my experience you do not want to book something on Uber more than 5-10 minutes before you need it.

5-10 minutes may be cutting it close -but good point: Uber is a last minute thing . OP did not advise lead time - I think a Passat is big enough, but if size is a major concern you should go with an established traditional car service. The more in advance you book with Uber the less certainty you have with timing and choice of vehicle.

Ok thanks everyone. First time is always hard. My dh is not home to ask about the car size and if I need to cancel, thought I should do it as ap.

Also is 4.92* a good rating?

If you have 2 large checked bags like 28-29", you may need for one of them to ride with the driver. We've had this issue with some smaller taxis in South America. If I remember correctly, a Passat is not exactly "big."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks again, dreadpirate.

Now I have a new issue. When I looked on my Uber trip details, it says it was cancelled and $0.00 charge. But I have a pending $15.51 charge. Hopefully it will disappear.

Pending charges usually go away. If The Uber app said no cancellation charge, you can count on that being correct.

Neal

Neal from Cincinnati.

A friend told me her daughter books them the day ahead so that might be the problem. I am going to wait until tomorrow when we get our luggage and are outside.

Thanks again

No need to book Uber beforehand, although there is a way to schedule in advance. Launch the app and on the map, it should tell you how long the wait will be. Put in your destination and you will even see a really good fare estimate.

UberX should just fine for 2 bags. My wife and I took several rides to and from cruises and other places with UberX.

Finally, you are a new rider. There is a promo discount available for new riders. $15 off your first ride with a promo code from an existing rider. You enter it into payments BEFORE you take that ride.

If you need a code, use mine. We both get $15 off our next ride.

Mine is 6y3g9.

Enjoy your cruise.

Neal from Cincinnati.

There is usually a cancellation charge, maybe $5? We had to pay one when DH’s Uber spent a half hour lost in our town (at least that’s what it looked like). He was getting very late for his flight, so ds drove him to the airport after we canceled (on,y 25 minutes away). I wanted to dispute it, but work was paying, so DH didn’t bother.